What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Deeper
This topic is about Deeper
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romance or Fiction 1990's to 2000's. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephanie (last edited May 03, 2018 04:13PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Stephanie | 3 comments I read this book a few years ago. A woman in her 30’s or 40’s goes to the beach house to get away. She hears a voice and it is her old boyfriend when she was younger. The boyfriend is 17-19 yrs old and he is a ghost. The characters hang out at an ice cream shop and the catch up and reminisce about the good old days. I think the boyfriend’s name is Thomas. The last scene is they are both in the ocean and they drowned. If anyone can help me find this book I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

Thinking the author is along the same writing style as Anita Shreve or Sue Miller

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (last edited May 02, 2018 09:36PM) (new)

Lobstergirl | 40675 comments Mod
Please, always put genre and plot details in your header. This 1) helps searchers locate your book, and 2) even after your thread is solved, helps anyone in the future looking for the same book.

The Group Rules are in the group description box at the top of the group's home page.

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments Could this be Deeper
{spoilers just to see if this matches with your book}
- she returns to the family beach house because she's getting divorced
- her boyfriend from her teens suddenly shows up out of the water looking exactly the same
- they determine that he is some kind of ghost that cannot leave the boundaries of the house but other people can see him
- an old friend she worked with at the ice cream shop as a teen has bought it and wants her to join in the business with him
- after a big scene at a party her ex returns to the water never to be seen again. It turns out he got drunk and drowned after she left for college 20 years ago. That is why she never heard from him again.

Stephanie | 3 comments Yes, that is the book!! Tricia Thank you so much for helping me finding it! It has been on my mind for weeks. Thanks again. Have a great day.

The Reading Raccoon (readingraccoon) | 145 comments No problem @Stephanie! That one stuck with me too

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Deeper (other topics)