The Walt Longmire Book Series & TV Show Group discussion

The Basics > Ask the Moderators

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Brenda (butterflyprincess) | 212 comments Mod
This is the thread to ask us any questions or make suggestions for a new threads. We will do our best to help you anyway we can.

message 2: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Just curios how are the moderators chosen?

message 3: by Tammy, Moderator (new)

Tammy Hanson (sdflash32) | 23 comments Mod
Since I started the page i have been recruiting the Moderators! Would you like to be one ! If so let me know and I will let you have the privileges!

message 4: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (last edited Aug 05, 2014 02:40PM) (new)

Will do! Thanks for the suggestion. How about Barlow also?

message 5: by George (new)

George | 17 comments Please don't forget about Omar...
Thanks.

message 6: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Will add Omar now Anyone one else? Thanks for the reminder.

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan Stalnaker | 15 comments How about Mathias?

message 8: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

I was thinking about adding him but wasn't sure. I'll do it as soon as I get to my computer.

message 9: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) 1. Is there a current book under discussion?

2. Can I find the order in which to read the books somewhere?

Thanks!

message 10: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (last edited Sep 04, 2014 01:50PM) (new)

Cheryl wrote: "1. Is there a current book under discussion?

Thanks!"

Hello Cheryl we are currently reading the Cold Dish to discuss. I recently have been injured and have not been available to start the discussion. Also many of us have been concentrating on getting the TV show picked up by another network. We are very disappointed by the cancelation of Longmire By A&E. #LongLiveLongmire. I will encourage you and everyone to let A&E know our disappointment and encourage other networks to pick up the show.

message 11: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) Thanks, Brenda! I have been FB sharing and Tweeting the posse stuff about having the show picked up by another network.

message 12: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Cheryl I have been hitting Twitter rather hard with it. Robert Taylor shared a video on YouTube which he encourages everyone to continue our campaign but hinted that it will not be for much longer!!! I certainly hope so!!!!! I use the hashtag everywhere now!!!

#LongLiveLongmire!!!!!!!!

message 13: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl (cherylstjohn) I shared that video, too, Brenda. :-)

message 14: by David (new)

David Bross | 2 comments Brenda wrote: "Cheryl wrote: "1. Is there a current book under discussion?

Thanks!"

Hello Cheryl we are currently reading the Cold Dish to discuss...."

In answer to your second question:
The Cold Dish
Death Without Company
Kindness Goes Unpunished
A Dark Horse
Another Man's Mocassins
Junkyard Dogs
Hell is Empty
As The Crow Flies
A Serpant's Truth
Spirit of Steamboat
Any Other Name

message 15: by Sophie (new)

Sophie I've just finished reading death without company and I've noticed that no one has talked about it on its post.
There is not any "Discussion Questions" as for the cold dish.
Should a moderator starts the discussion or not? (I'm new on this group and I don't want to do anything wrong)

message 16: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Sophie feel free to start a discussion at any point. I have not been holding up my end of the deal because I have been concentrating trying to find the show a new home.

message 17: by Marie (new)

Marie | 22 comments Mod
Hi Everyone!! For those that are not aware or who are new, please go to our Facebook site, Longmire Posse and take time to go over the last few weeks to see how hard the Mods are working to keep everyone informedand also learn more about the cast and are terrific author, Craig Johnson. You can ask any questions, join our group effort to stampede to help Longmire find a new ranch as well as meet and speak to the fans and great cast. Pam and Brenda have done an outstanding job and are our heroes and backbone of both sites. Please join and see how much they and others have contributed to the Longmire Posse. Remember to #LongLiveLongmire with every comment!

message 18: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Warner | 3 comments It was mentioned to pre-order the short story book coming out next week. Where do we pre-order?

message 19: by Marie (new)

Marie | 22 comments Mod
Hi Nancy! The book will be out in 5 days, however, you can go to Amazon.com and see if they will pre-order it for you. I asked Craig a few minutes ago to post on the Longmire Posse FB page information about pre-ordering. Barnes & Noble near you can also order it for you. Welcome to the Longmire Posse and I hope you will join the stampede Friday night. 9 pm East Coast, 6 pm West Coast. Again, you can find all the info and even a twitter for dummies like me sign on to Twitter and get to tweet RT, Lou, Bailey, Katee and Adam. Hope to see you on both FB and Twitter. Remember to Hashtag #LongLiveLongmire with EVERY comment as that is registered in the count to show another Network we are serious! Also remember, t's only been 6 weeks since Longmire was cancelled, and that is a very short Time in the industry to move a show to another network and get and the ducks in a row, it could take another month, but the Networks need to see we are serious and in it for the long haul!!!

message 20: by Gray (new)

Gray Vroman | 2 comments Hi there! I'm Gray.

My boyfriend and I love the Longmire TV series. My boyfriend has never been much of a reader, but I was thinking he might like to read books that are based on something similar to the Longmire TV show, but I'm scared that if I start buying the books, it won't be any fun because all the suspense will be ruined. Can anyone tell me if the show and book coincide enough where it would be annoying to read if you've already seen the series? Any insight would be great here.

Thanks a bunch!

message 21: by Rudi (new)

Rudi | 2 comments The stories are not the same. And not all of the characters in the books are on the tv show and vice versa. The general essence of the show is maintained.Walt is still Walt, Henry and Vic are there, Ruby is there, Ferg and Lucian are both mentioned, but are in the show more. You won't have a problem reading the books and watching the tv show. They won't collide at all. You'll love the books too!

message 22: by Susan (new)

Susan (mtnred) | 47 comments If you aren't big readers and want to start small, try one of Craig's short story books. They are stand alone stories, quick reads and give you a sense of the characters. I recommend "Wait for Signs" or "The Spirit of Steamboat".

message 23: by Gray (new)

Gray Vroman | 2 comments Thanks so much for the advise, you two!