Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

BOOKS > What is everybody's fav book cover?

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
Hard to choose just one :(

What do we think?

message 2: by EndlessPages (new)

Deidre(Dee) ~ Official Bookworm ~ wrote: "The Midsummer Garden by Kirsty Manning. I won this book in the giveaways, before it all went to h**l. So I counted myself lucky."

prettyyyy

message 3: by dolly (new)

dolly (cryptided) | 12 comments The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
it's so shiny and pretty it was automatically one of my favorites (and it's an amazing book ok ok)

message 4: by EndlessPages (new)

dg wrote: "The Loneliest Girl in the Universe by Lauren James
it's so shiny and pretty it was automatically one of my favorites (and it's an amazing book ok ok)"

that is an awesome cover

Charity (Reading at Midnight) (charitysbooks) | 3 comments Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor
looooooove the UK edition!
Also a BIG fan of
Lady Midnight (The Dark Artifices, #1) by Cassandra Clare
but actually, the white edition found at Barnes and Noble.

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Deidre(Dee) ~ Official Bookworm ~ wrote: "The Midsummer Garden by Kirsty Manning. I won this book in the giveaways, before it all went to h**l. So I counted myself lucky."

Hell is not a bad word. It doesn't need to be censored.

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) I prefer UK editions than American editions.

message 8: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) Rumell wrote: “I prefer UK editions than American editions.”

Me too! Do they just get better artists or something?

message 9: by Creative Orange (last edited May 28, 2018 06:15AM) (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) I think it is University of Oxbridge reason why they have better artists, Or maybe it is just natural of them. They have been taught well through education, which I doubt American's ever had. I am just being honest.

This is coming just from a British citizen who doesn't usually boast about their country often.

message 10: by Anna (last edited May 27, 2018 11:36PM) (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) I have a shelf on Goodreads just devoted to pretty covers.
I totally agree with you @Charity. Cassandra Clare's newest series have had such on point covers.

I loved the Raven Cycle covers, but I wasn't a huge fan of the books.

Kingdom of Ash and Briar
Kingdom of Ash and Briars (The Nissera Chronicles) by Hannah West
and An Enchantment of Ravens
An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson
Are both ones I dig.

message 11: by Natalia (new)

Natalia Heaney | 13 comments Rumell wrote: "I prefer UK editions than American editions."

In many genres it's the publishers' belief that US readers prefer "people" covers, whereas British and Australian readers prefer beautiful artwork.

A lot of books that have a "sexy guy" on them in America don't have any people on them in other editions.

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) Natalia Heaney wrote: "Rumell wrote: "I prefer UK editions than American editions."

In many genres it's the publishers' belief that US readers prefer "people" covers, whereas British and Australian readers prefer beauti..."

I actually really don't like it when a cover has a real person on it.
Never really thought of that.

message 13: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Natalia Heaney wrote: "Rumell wrote: "I prefer UK editions than American editions."

In many genres it's the publishers' belief that US readers prefer "people" covers, whereas British and Australian readers prefer beauti..."

I don't mind a book with a hot guy in it. He-he! But I think it needs to be related to the book. If the story is about gardening you would have flowers in it or features of a garden.

message 14: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) A shirtless guy on a cover (usually the head is cropped out) guarantees I won’t read it.

I like a lot of the new Sullivan covers:
Age of Myth (The Legends of the First Empire, #1) by Michael J. Sullivan The Death of Dulgath (The Riyria Chronicles, #3) by Michael J. Sullivan

message 15: by Heather (new)

Heather W | 7 comments I can't find a way to put a picture in but the UK edition of the Wicked Deep is sooooo pretty