General Fiction Forum Expats discussion

Random Acts of Kindness
This topic is about Random Acts of Kindness
10 views
Random Acts Of Kindness > Thank You All !!!

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
I want to take this time to thank Lisa so much for being a part of our little group. You are truly a one of a kind!!!

To my readers you make my heart sing everyday for all the support here in this new endeavor.

Lisa also wanted to say a very special thank you to the group for all your contributions so behind the scenes one participant's name was drawn out of a hat and I'm so happy to say that ANG!!!! Is the Winner!!!
Lisa wants you to have one of your choice either any back copy or if you would like Lisa will send you an uncorrected copy of her upcoming novel Senseless Acts of Beauty when it becomes available

Thank you All for this wonderful start to I hope a long tradition!!
I love you all
xoxox

Yay Ang.


Karen Laird (shadetreebookreviews) | 228 comments WTG, Ang. Woohoo.


Karen Laird (shadetreebookreviews) | 228 comments First, Deb, thank you, thank you for moving this venue and resurrecting such a precious and rewarding atmosphere where we can gather and share while enjoying the fruits of our favorite authors. Your constant endeavors and love to make this happen is so deeply appreciated by myself. I, too am looking forward to many books and conversations to come.
Lisa, you knocked another one out of the park. Though not the light summer read that your previous books have provided, Random Acts of Kindness was a Jewel in its own venue. She made each of us pause and think and reflect on our on lives and how we deal with the hard pieces of our lives. Not just the hard pieces of our lives, but the pieces we don't want to talk about or share. Sometimes it is out of fear of rejection, or judgement, or pity, but you made us look at the feelings from a different viewpoint . As it turned out, several of us have walked these paths and could feel the pages as we read them. Some were still unable to speak for fear of what I said before. But in your gentle humour Infused style you made a dark and dearly subject palletable and open to discussion and thought.
Lisa, as always,you are the best. Thank you for sharing your month with us.


message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Higgins | 101 comments Ang, congratulations for winning! Contact me at vergehiggins@comcast.net to let me know whether you'd like me to send a signed copy of one of my backlist books (The Proper Care and Maintenance of Friendship, One Good Friend Deserves Another, or Friendship Makes The Heart Grow Fonder)or if you'd like to wait until December/January for an Advanced Reading Copy of the next novel, SENSELESS ACTS OF BEAUTY!!


Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
Oh I just saw our very own LIsa is going to be on a live chat on 7-30
check it out
http://readingintwilight.blogspot.com...


message 6: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Higgins | 101 comments Deb -- thanks so much for inviting me to your wonderful group again. It is always a great time! <3 <3 <3

And ladies, it has been such a pleasure to spend these weeks with all of you smart, engaging, deep-thinking folks!

I'd love to keep in touch, so I'm posting my links to Facebook and Twitter as well as the link to subscribe to my once-a-year "Book Alerts." Would love to see you all online!

www.facebook.com/lisavergehiggins
www.twitter.com/lvhiggins
http://eepurl.com/sJZlb (for Book Alerts!)

I hope you're all enjoying ORPHAN TRAIN, the next read -- odd coincidence: The author lives in my hometown!


message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 28, 2014 03:39PM) (new)

Thanks Deb for setting up this forum! This is a great place to hang out!

Thanks Lisa for joining us this past month! The interaction with you and everyone here has been fantastic. Let's be sure to do it again! Remind us when the next book comes out.

Also, congrats on your win, Ang!


Ang from OZ | 1678 comments Oh WOW!!! Thanks so much!! I've emailed Lisa with my choice. I wish I could wait until Dec/Jan for Senseless Acts. But that just seems way too far away:) So I have decided to go with friendship makes the heart grow fonder! (Susan and Tarheelgirl wanna join me in the read? I think the other ladies have already read this one also?) Thanks to everyone especially Lisa and Debbie. I am so glad for your friendship!! And look forward to our next read Orphan Train!


April (april_h) | 159 comments Thanks Lisa for hanging out with us this month. It's always a pleasure to have you with us.

Also, thanks to Deb for finding our book club a new home. You always come up with such great discussion questions to get the ball rolling.

Thanks to everyone who participated. I love getting another point of view when we read a book together and being able to see things through someone else's eyes.

Congrats Ang! Enjoy your book! It's another good one! :)


message 10: by Elaine (new)

Elaine (lainey_h) Congratulations Ang!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your book, it's really wonderful!

Lisa, thank you once again for a great read and all of your time and participation. I'm really looking forward to your next one.
Elaine


message 11: by Edie (new) - rated it 4 stars

Edie | 29 comments I've been out of touch for a few days here. Hope I'm not too late to say thank you Deb and Lisa for this get together of old and new friends. Congrats Ang!

Talk again with you all soon, I hope, on the Orphan Train threads.


message 12: by Debbie (last edited Jul 31, 2014 06:55AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
Edie wrote: "I've been out of touch for a few days here. Hope I'm not too late to say thank you Deb and Lisa for this get together of old and new friends. Congrats Ang!

Talk again with you all soon, I hope, o..."


It's never too late to stop in Edie :) And I hope we'll see you for Orphan Train!
Thanks for being a part of our inaugural read and I hope we'll see you often :) xoxo


Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
Karen wrote: "First, Deb, thank you, thank you for moving this venue and resurrecting such a precious and rewarding atmosphere where we can gather and share while enjoying the fruits of our favorite authors. Yo..."

Karen XOXOXO <3


Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
Lisa wrote: "Deb -- thanks so much for inviting me to your wonderful group again. It is always a great time! <3 <3 <3

And ladies, it has been such a pleasure to spend these weeks with all of you smart, e..."


Lisa this was my pleasure xoxo back atcha!


Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
TarHeelGirl00 wrote: "Thanks Deb for setting up this forum! This is a great place to hang out!

Thanks Lisa for joining us this past month! The interaction with you and everyone here has been fantastic. Let's be sure to..."


Thanks for following TarHeelGirl its always scary when we leave a very familiar forum like B&N so thank you xo :)


Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
Susan wrote: "Thanks Deb, Its been great fun. Also thanks girls I enjoyed reading and (I say talking) with you all. Congrags Ang,and thanks for suggesting the mini read hope we can have more of them.
Karen, what..."


Susan your words are just fine and I thank you for being a part of this brave new venture with xo


Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
Ang from OZ wrote: "Oh WOW!!! Thanks so much!! I've emailed Lisa with my choice. I wish I could wait until Dec/Jan for Senseless Acts. But that just seems way too far away:) So I have decided to go with friendship..."

Ang you have been a bright lighted addition to our little group thanks for finding us, for making such great suggestions and for winning
Woot Woot Lisa's giveaway.
I hope you'll stay and participate for always xoxoxo


Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
April wrote: "Thanks Lisa for hanging out with us this month. It's always a pleasure to have you with us.

Also, thanks to Deb for finding our book club a new home. You always come up with such great discussion ..."


April I'm so glad you came from B&N to Goodreads with me and all my other old friends and new. I feel so blessed to have so much support from all of you xoxoxo


Debbie (dhaupt) | 4459 comments Mod
Elaine wrote: "Congratulations Ang!! I'm sure you'll enjoy your book, it's really wonderful!

Lisa, thank you once again for a great read and all of your time and participation. I'm really looking forward to your..."


Elaine I know how much your work takes up your time with travel etc plus you have a life LOL I thank you so much from the bottom of my heart for your participation in this read with us. You've been there through thick and thin like the rest of my posse and I thank you.
xoxo


back to top