Mystery/Thriller Reading Friends discussion

Monthly "Reads" > Susie's April 2018

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1654 comments Keep changing my mind whether I like a series...or not :)

Cruel Candy by Mildred Abbott "4.5"
The Christening Day Murder by Lee Harris "3.5"
Dead Between the Lines by Denise Swanson "4"
Dying for a Cupcake by Denise Swanson "4"
A Deadly Grind by Victoria Hamilton "4"
Digging Up the Dirt by Miranda James "4.5"
Fixing to Die by Miranda James "4"
Traitorous Toys by Mildred Abbott "4"
Scene of the Brine by Mary Ellen Hughes "4"

DNF:
Death, Guns, and Sticky Buns by Valerie S. Malmont
Mrs. Malory: Detective in Residence by Hazel Holt

message 2: by Sherry (new)

Sherry  | 3834 comments susie-
i thought about you last week- i hosted cozy mystery event last week with Shari Randall, Liz Mugavero, and Wendy Corsi Staub. The person who was supposed to interview them couldn't make it so he faxed over his questions and I had to do it. Was a really fun event and all 3 authors were awesome.

message 3: by Melodie (new)

Melodie (melodieco) | 3651 comments I gave up on the series by Victoria Hamilton. I tried another series she wrote and didn't like it either. I think it's her writing style or something.

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15069 comments Susie: Nice month! I can be hot and cold on a series sometimes too.
My mood, an "off" book or even just series / character fatigue can be a factor. Luckily there are many more to chose from when we give up on one. 😊
Susie wrote: "Keep changing my mind whether I like a series...or not :).."

message 5: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1654 comments Sherry wrote: "susie-
i thought about you last week- i hosted cozy mystery event last week with Shari Randall, Liz Mugavero, and Wendy Corsi Staub. The person who was supposed to interview them couldn't make it ..."

How fun Sherry! You know I love my cozies :)

message 6: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1654 comments Melodie wrote: "I gave up on the series by Victoria Hamilton. I tried another series she wrote and didn't like it either. I think it's her writing style or something."

I'm reading both series. I don't mind the style, but I did notice I didn't like the main character a whole lot.

message 7: by Susie (new)

Susie Fevella (susieinks) | 1654 comments Ann wrote: "Susie: Nice month! I can be hot and cold on a series sometimes too.
My mood, an "off" book or even just series / character fatigue can be a factor. Luckily there are many more to chose from when w..."

Ann, it seems like if I stay away from a series for too long, it's really hard to pick it up again. I definitely have a lot to choose from!

message 8: by Ann (new)

Ann (annrumsey) | 15069 comments Susie - same for me. I have several unfinished series lagging with a similar fate.
Susie wrote: "Ann, it seems like if I stay away from a series for too long, it's really hard to pick it up again..."

message 9: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8302 comments Sherry wrote: "susie-
i thought about you last week- i hosted cozy mystery event last week with Shari Randall, Liz Mugavero, and Wendy Corsi Staub. The person who was supposed to interview them couldn't make it ..."

Sherry, look at you! Getting all host-y with your author events! One of these days you'll be interviewing Lee Child and Harlan Coben!

message 10: by Carol/Bonadie (new)

Carol/Bonadie (bonadie) | 8302 comments Susie, prolific month as usual!