Polls for Our Souls discussion

Book Chat > 2nd Read a book you have read twice or more

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Robert Collins (stephenrobertcollins) | 99 comments The Hobbit by JRR Tolkien (11times)
The Fellowship ship of the Ring (11 times)
The Two Towers (10 times)
The Return of the King (11 times ) by JRR Tolkien
Great Expectations by Charles Dickens (3 times)

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason | 229 comments The Running Man (4 times)
Harry Potter Collection (thrice)
It (twice)
Jane Eyre (twice)
The Shining (twice)

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Stefan Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda twice
Harry Potter (all of them) 8 times.
A Series of Unfortunate events twice.

message 4: by Keert (last edited May 02, 2018 02:59PM) (new)

Lora (on hiatus) | 227 comments The Hunger Games (9 times)
Divergent (5 times)

Aiden (The Book Scourge) | 141 comments The Hobbit (×4)
Ender's Game (×2)

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited May 03, 2018 01:17PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments The Moon is a Harsh Mistress 15 times over, um, never mind years

Dragonflight 6 times since it was published

The Ship Who Sang 8 times since it was published

The Ship Who Searched 6 times since it was published

The Lord of the Rings (plus the other 3 books that go with it) 4 times

Smoke and Shadows and the other 2 books that make up the trilogy 4 times

Catseye 8 times (re-reading it for the 9th time in between working on the computer)

Witch World 7 times

Year of the Unicorn 4 times

Essential Beginnings (and the other 4 books in the series) 3 times

message 8: by Stephen (new)

Stephen Robert Collins (stephenrobertcollins) | 99 comments Lot if Star Trek & Doctor Who books.

message 9: by Ron (new)

Ron Wroblewski Once an Eagle - at least 4 times
The Andrew Greeley 13 book "Irish" series - twice
Darkside - P.T. Deutermann - twice

message 10: by Jess (new)

Jess Penhallow | 56 comments Interestingly I have read Harry Potter 1-5 three times but 6 and 7 only twice.

I read the first 3 books around the time that book 3 was published (I was about 9) and the following books as they were published.

Before the series was even finished I was already rereading the start of the series aloud to my little sister but by them time we got to the 6th book she was old enough (and wanted to) read it herself. So I never got around to rereading the last two books in the series.

Then last year I decided to reread the whole series as part of the WW book club on Pottermore. I found books 1-5 to be very familiar but I had forgotten so much of book 6 (doesn't help that that was my least favourite of the films) and am now finding the same when rereading book 7. It's nice to still be able to be suprised by this series that I thought I knew so well.

message 11: by Arden (new)

Arden N (anorian625) | 12 comments I’ve read the Percy Jackson books i think four times
Hamlet twice
A Court of Thorns and Roses twice
The Bone Season twice
I don’t even know how many times I’ve read the Harry Potter books
Eleanor and Park twice
The Virgin Suicides twice
milk and honey twice
and I’m going to be going into The Handmaids Tale for the second time
(and I DNF’d Unwind three times whoops)

⭐Anny⭐ (Book Princess) (annithebookprincess) | 640 comments The Hunger Games trilogy 4 times
Harry Potter 2 times, book one to four 3 times
Legend trilogy 3 times
The 5th Wave trilogy 2 times
The Thirteen Curses trilogy 3 times
Illuminae and Gemina 2 times

message 13: by Aniketa (new)

Aniketa | 9 comments Kushiel's Dart (Phèdre's Trilogy, #1) by Jacqueline Carey The series by Jacqueline Carey - I lost count :b
Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling #1) by Nalini Singh series by Nalini Singh -more than 4
Magic Bites (Kate Daniels, #1) by Ilona Andrews - 3 times
Wizard's First Rule (Sword of Truth, #1) by Terry Goodkind - the first books 4 times

message 14: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 194 comments Well, if we're going to do series...

I re-read the series each time a new book comes out in preparation for that book so that means that some of the books I've read up to 22 times (yes, some of the series are that long . . . . .

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson)

Alpha & Omega (Alpha & Omega)

Magic Bites (Kate Daniels)

Summon the Keeper (The Keeper Chronicles)

Clean Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles)

I won't even guess how often I've read all of the Sherlock Holmes books--but at least 3 or 4 times, with some of them The Hound of the Baskervilles about 7 or 8 times. And I'm going to admit with Hound I think I've seen every version ever put on film at least once. And the Rathbone and Bruce version about 15 times. I seriously love my Holmes.

And speaking of all things Holmes, The Beekeeper's Apprentice again, each book in the series before the new one comes out in preparation for that coming out.

Death at Wentwater Court (Daisy Dalrymple--Roaring 20's mystery set in the U.K.)

Aunt Dimity's Death (The Aunt Dimity series--Aunt Dimity is a ghost, btw.)

A Princess of Mars I've read this entire series 4 times

Tarzan of the Apes I've read this entire series 3 times, with a few books a time or two more than that.

The Wonderful Flight to the Mushroom Planet Children's series--about 3 times each for the books in this series

The Court of Stone Children children's and not a series book. But I've read this one 5 times

And the Potter books--I've read only the first one and haven't been able to read any of the rest. Not because the books weren't well written or anything pertaining to them, just what that first book was connected to. My oldest grandson was in the PICU (Pediatrics Intensive Care Unit) for 27 days, and while he was there I read him the first Potter book. And then, 9/11 happened while we were reading it. I lost friends in that attack . . . So no, not a book series that I'm able to look at with joy and happiness.

The Beast Master I've read this one 5 times, with the next one in the series 3 times, then the remaining 3 I've also read 3 times. I first read book 1 when I was about 14--and decided that was what I wanted to be when I grew up. That I wanted my own Beast Master team that I could "talk" to and that would be my constant companion. (Um, can anyone guess that I moved a lot as a kid? 18 different schools from K through 12th grade. Ah yes, the life of a military bra--er Junior)

Um, oh dear--I just realized that I re-read a LOT of books. And the list of books that I still want to read just keeps growing and growing. That's OK. I saw a bumper sticker that expressed my belief. God won't let me die until I've read all of my books .

message 15: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) | 324 comments A Wrinkle in Time (about 14)
Chronicles of Narnia (about 12)
Harry Potter (2-5, depending on book)
Michael Vey series (3)

many others twice

RyanneAndHerBooks | 64 comments The Book Thief
Between Shades of Grey
The Sun is Also a Star
The Fallen Series
Lord of the Flies

All Twice