The Challenge Factory discussion

♦Factory Archives♦ > Foreman Paris ~ It's My Birthday and Theirs Too!

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments

As some of you know, my birthday is in August and I tend to celebrate it all month long. For my Foreman Challenge this month, I thought I’d celebrate with a few of my fellow August babies. There are no levels to this challenge. Read as many or as few as you’d like. Re-reads are allowed and there are no page limits. Read On!!

Bonus: If your birthday is in August, Happy Birthday!! Read a book of your choice as a birthday present to yourself.

August 1, 1770 - William Clark: The Clark of “Lewis and Clark" - Read a book where the characters go on a road trip. Bonus points if the road trip is on foot.

August 1, 1942 - Jerry Garcia: Member of the Grateful Dead – Read a book featuring a famous band.

August 6, 1911 - Lucille Ball: Actress and comedian, famous for "I Love Lucy" – Read a comedy or a book that makes you laugh out loud.

August 7, 1903 - Rudolf C. Ising: Animator and co-creator of "Loony Tunes" and "Merrie Melodies" – Read a comic book or children’s book with lots of pretty pictures.

August 8, 1976 - Joshua Chasez (J.C.): My favorite member of "N’SYNC" - Read the final book in a series that you need to say Bye, Bye, Bye to.

August 14, 1947 - Danielle Steel: Romance Novelist – Read a romance novel, bonus if it’s a Danielle Steel novel.

August 16, 1958 – Madonna: Singer and actress – Like a Virgin – Read a book with a character that’s still a virgin (at least in the beginning of the book).

August 17, 1958 - Belinda Carlisle: Singer – Heaven is a Place on Earth - Read a book with angels in it.

August 18, 1954 - Patrick Swayze: Actor and dancer – “Nobody puts Baby in a corner” – Read a book with a swoonworthy hero in it.

August 19, 1871 - Orville Wright: Aviator, "first in flight" – Read the first book in a series.

August 19, 1921 - Gene Roddenberry: Creator of Star Trek – Read a science fiction book. Bonus points if it’s a Star Trek book.

August 28, 1969 - Jason Priestley: Actor – Read a book with a heartthrob on the cover.

August 29, 1958 - Michael Jackson: Singer and songwriter – Read a thriller.

message 2: by Margaret (last edited Aug 17, 2014 09:26AM) (new)

Margaret Happy Birthday Paris!!! It's my birthday in August too (the 3rd), so I will have to sign up to do this :)

Read = 3 / 8

Nowhere to Run (Nowhere, #1) by Nancy Bush Within Temptation (Sons of Temptation, #1) by Tanya Holmes The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley

August 8, 1976 - Joshua Chasez (J.C.): My favorite member of "N’SYNC" - Read the final book in a series that you need to say Bye, Bye, Bye to.
Book: Colters' Gift by Maya Banks

August 14, 1947 - Danielle Steel: Romance Novelist – Read a romance novel, bonus if it’s a Danielle Steel novel.
Book:

August 16, 1958 – Madonna: Singer and actress – Like a Virgin – Read a book with a character that’s still a virgin (at least in the beginning of the book).
Book: Within Temptation by Tanya Holmes read 8/13/14 ★★★★

August 18, 1954 - Patrick Swayze: Actor and dancer – “Nobody puts Baby in a corner” – Read a book with a swoonworthy hero in it.
Book:

August 19, 1871 - Orville Wright: Aviator, "first in flight" – Read the first book in a series.
Book: The Gamble by Kristen Ashley read 8/15/14 ★★★★

August 28, 1969 - Jason Priestley: Actor – Read a book with a heartthrob on the cover.
Book:

Book: Nowhere to Run by Nancy Bush read 8/4/14 ★★★★

Bonus: If your birthday is in August, Happy Birthday!! Read a book of your choice as a birthday present to yourself.
Book:

message 3: by Book Concierge (last edited Aug 24, 2014 09:19AM) (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2357 comments Foreman Paris August Challenge - HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUGUST BABIES
Begins: 1Aug14 / Ends: 31Aug14

8 completed

August 1, 1770 - William Clark - Read a book where the characters go on a road trip. Bonus points if the road trip is on foot. - JEAN and the women WALK across the Malay peninsula in A Town Like Alice ✔ – 05Aug14

August 1, 1942 - Jerry Garcia: Member of the Grateful Dead – Read a book featuring a famous band. - Buddy HOlly in The Day the Music Died ✔ – 20Aug14

August 6, 1911 - Lucille Ball: - Read a book that makes you laugh out loud. - The Song of the Quarkbeast ✔ – 17Aug14

August 7, 1903 - Rudolf C. Ising: Animator and co-creator of "Loony Tunes" and "Merrie Melodies" – Read a comic book or children’s book with lots of pretty pictures.

August 8, 1976 - Joshua Chasez (J.C.): Read the final book in a series that you need to say Bye, Bye, Bye to. - this isn't the FINAL one but I definitely need to say goodbye to this series - The Last Suppers ✔ – 07Aug14

August 14, 1947 - Danielle Steel: Romance Novelist – Read a romance novel. - Outlander ✔ – 02Aug14

August 16, 1958 – Madonna: – Read a book with a character that’s still a virgin. - Olive's Ocean ✔ – 08Aug14

August 17, 1958 - Belinda Carlisle: Singer – Heaven is a Place on Earth - Read a book with angels in it.

August 19, 1871 - Orville Wright: Aviator, "first in flight" – Read the first book in a series. - A Carrion Death ✔ – 23Aug14

August 19, 1921 - Gene Roddenberry: Creator of Star Trek – Read a science fiction book. Bonus points if it’s a Star Trek book.

August 29, 1958 - Michael Jackson: – Read a thriller. - Endangered Species ✔ – 11Aug14

message 4: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Margaret wrote: "Happy Birthday Paris!!! It's my birthday in August too (the 3rd), so I will have to sign up to do this :)"

Happy Birthday to you too Margaret!! Mine is the 5th!! Go Leos!!

message 5: by Diana S (new)

Diana S | 302 comments HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUGUST BABIES
Begins: 8/1/14 - 8/31/14

August 1, 1770 - William Clark: The Clark of “Lewis and Clark" - Read a book where the characters go on a road trip. Bonus points if the road trip is on foot.

August 1, 1942 - Jerry Garcia: Member of the Grateful Dead – Read a book featuring a famous band.

August 6, 1911 - Lucille Ball: Actress and comedian, famous for "I Love Lucy" – Read a comedy or a book that makes you laugh out loud.

message 6: by Jonquil (last edited Aug 26, 2014 05:37AM) (new)

Jonquil | 699 comments 8/8 DONE

the characters go on a road trip. Bonus points if the road trip is on foot. Searching for Dragons 8/2 ★★★★★

featuring a famous band

makes you laugh out loud The Best School Year Ever 8/3 ★★★

Read a comic book or children’s book with lots of pretty pictures.

Read the final book in a series that you need to say Bye, Bye, Bye to.

romance novel Big Bad Wolf 8/9 ★★★★

character that’s still a virgin (at least in the beginning of the book) Merely Magic 8/11 ★★★

angels in it.

swoonworthy hero in it Dragon Bound 8/23 ★★★

first book in a series. Louisiana Longshot 8/1 ★★★★★

science fiction Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency 8/3 ★★★

a heartthrob on the cover

thriller The Red Room 8/3 ★★★

message 7: by Barbara ★ (last edited Sep 01, 2014 09:51AM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 1927 comments Happy birthday Paris! I'll join in on the fun. I'm going for 5 but hoping I'll hit more.

READ: 9/5

✔August 1, 1770 - William Clark: The Clark of “Lewis and Clark" - Read a book where the characters go on a road trip. Bonus points if the road trip is on foot.
The Thirteenth House - Sharon Shinn 8/7

✔August 8, 1976 - Joshua Chasez (J.C.): My favorite member of "N’SYNC" - Read the final book in a series that you need to say Bye, Bye, Bye to.
Heart of Atlantis - Alyssa Day 8/11

✔August 14, 1947 - Danielle Steel: Romance Novelist – Read a romance novel, bonus if it’s a Danielle Steel novel.
A Thief In A Kilt - Sandy Blair 8/9

✔August 16, 1958 – Madonna: Singer and actress – Like a Virgin – Read a book with a character that’s still a virgin (at least in the beginning of the book).
Tall, Dark & Lonely - R.L. Mathewson 8/13

✔August 17, 1958 - Belinda Carlisle: Singer – Heaven is a Place on Earth - Read a book with angels.
Vampire Mine - Kerrelyn Sparks 8/2

✔August 19, 1871 - Orville Wright: Aviator, "first in flight" – Read the first book in a series.
White Wedding - Ursula Sinclair 8/11

✔August 29, 1958 - Michael Jackson: Singer and songwriter – Read a thriller.
The Devil's Punchbowl - Greg Iles 8/3

✔August 18, 1954 - Patrick Swayze: Actor and dancer – “Nobody puts Baby in a corner” – Read a book with a swoonworthy hero in it.
Darkest Highlander - Donna Grant 8/20

✔August 6, 1911 - Lucille Ball: Actress and comedian, famous for "I Love Lucy" – Read a comedy or a book that makes you laugh out loud.
Bitten in Two - Jennifer Rardin 8/31

The Thirteenth House (Twelve Houses, #2) by Sharon Shinn Heart of Atlantis (Warriors of Poseidon, #8) by Alyssa Day A Thief In A Kilt (Castle Blackstone, #3) by Sandy Blair Tall, Dark & Lonely (Pyte/Sentinel, #1) by R.L. Mathewson Vampire Mine (Love at Stake, #10) by Kerrelyn Sparks White Wedding by Ursula Sinclair The Devil's Punchbowl (Penn Cage, #3) by Greg Iles Darkest Highlander (Dark Sword, #6) by Donna Grant Bitten in Two (Jaz Parks, #7) by Jennifer Rardin

CHALLENGE COMPLETE

message 8: by PepperP0t (new)

PepperP0t I'm the 16th. Happy Birthday fellow August babies!

message 9: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Happy birthday to you too, PepperPot!!

message 10: by ⚜️Trea, Operations Manager (last edited Aug 20, 2014 04:40PM) (new)

⚜️Trea (duskrider3740) | 4390 comments Mod
Argh! I just now noticed this challenge...and I'm starting to get overbooked for August! However, some of these are a moral imperative for me, so I'm joining the challenge!

~Foreman Paris - It's My Birthday and Theirs Too!
August 1, 2014 – August 30, 2014
Read: 11/11

August 1, 1942 - Jerry Garcia:
Member of the Grateful Dead – Read a book featuring a famous band: Sunfire by Lynne Connolly-8/14/14
August 6, 1911 - Lucille Ball: Actress and comedian, famous for "I Love Lucy" – Read a comedy or a book that makes you laugh out loud: Just for the Weekend by Susanne Matthews-8/20/14
August 7, 1903 - Rudolf C. Ising: Animator and co-creator of "Loony Tunes" and "Merrie Melodies" – Read a comic book or children’s book with lots of pretty pictures: Sofia the First by Catherine Hapka-8/1/14
August 8, 1976 - Joshua Chasez (J.C.): My favorite member of "N’SYNC" - Read the final book in a series that you need to say Bye, Bye, Bye to: Vampire Dragon by Annette Blair-8/15/14
August 14, 1947 - Danielle Steel: Romance Novelist – Read a romance novel, bonus if it’s a Danielle Steel novel: Love Finds You in Last Chance, California by Miralee Ferrell-8/16/14
August 16, 1958 – Madonna: Singer and actress – Like a Virgin – Read a book with a character that’s still a virgin (at least in the beginning of the book): And the Miss Ran Away With The Rake by Elizabeth Boyle-8/3/14
August 18, 1954 - Patrick Swayze: Actor and dancer – “Nobody puts Baby in a corner” – Read a book with a swoonworthy hero in it: Baby by Design by Elley Arden-8/14/14
August 19, 1871 - Orville Wright: Aviator, "first in flight" – Read the first book in a series: Before the Midnight Bells by Jessica Woodard-8/15/14
August 19, 1921 - Gene Roddenberry: Creator of Star Trek – Read a science fiction book. Bonus points if it’s a Star Trek book: Q-In-Law by Peter David-8/13/14
August 28, 1969 - Jason Priestley: Actor – Read a book with a heartthrob on the cover: Have You Any Rogues? by Elizabeth Boyle-8/15/14
August 29, 1958 - Michael Jackson: Singer and songwriter – Read a thriller: Unbound by Nikkie Locke-8/17/14

Turtlecollector Dennis | 760 comments Timeframe: August 2014
Completed: 1/?

August 14, 1947 - Danielle Steel: Hometown Girl by Mariah Stewart 8/2/14 3.5♥

message 12: by Suzanne (last edited Aug 22, 2014 01:36PM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 1434 comments The Challenge Factory
Foreman Paris ~ It's My Birthday and Theirs Too!
Duration:
8/1/2014 - 8/31/2014

Progress: 7 out of 1+

August 1, 1770 - William Clark: The Clark of “Lewis and Clark" - Read a book where the characters go on a road trip. Bonus points if the road trip is on foot -
Proven Guilty by Jim Butcher - ***** - 8/4/2014 - 480 Pages - Go to the Never-Never

August 6, 1911 - Lucille Ball: Actress and comedian, famous for "I Love Lucy" – Read a comedy or a book that makes you laugh out loud:
Self-Inflicted Wounds: Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation by Aisha Tyler - ***** - 8/2/2014 - Comedy

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende - *** - 8/6/2014 - 396 Pages

Gifts by Ursula K. Le Guin - *** - 8/19/2014 - 274 Pages

Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich - ***** - 8/21/2014 - 324 Pages

August 19, 1871 - Orville Wright: Aviator, "first in flight" – Read the first book in a series:
The Eyre Affair by Jasper Fforde - **** - 8/20/2014 - 374 Pages

August 28, 1969 - Jason Priestley: ActorRead a book with a heartthrob on the cover -
Fanning the Flames by Victoria Dahl - ***** - 8/5/2014 - 61 Pages

Self-Inflicted Wounds Heartwarming Tales of Epic Humiliation by Aisha Tyler Proven Guilty (The Dresden Files #8) by Jim Butcher Fanning the Flames (Jackson Girls' Night Out, #0.5) by Victoria Dahl The Neverending Story by Michael Ende Gifts (Annals of the Western Shore, #1) by Ursula K. Le Guin The Eyre Affair (Thursday Next #1) by Jasper Fforde Big Girl Panties by Stephanie Evanovich

message 13: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 2357 comments UPDATE Message 3 - Calling this one DONE - 23Aug14

Foreman Paris August Challenge - HAPPY BIRTHDAY AUGUST BABIES
Begins: 1Aug14 / Ends: 31Aug14

8 completed

August 1, 1770 - William Clark - Read a book where the characters go on a road trip. Bonus points if the road trip is on foot. - JEAN and the women WALK across the Malay peninsula in A Town Like Alice ✔ – 05Aug14

August 1, 1942 - Jerry Garcia: Member of the Grateful Dead – Read a book featuring a famous band. - Buddy HOlly in The Day the Music Died ✔ – 20Aug14

August 6, 1911 - Lucille Ball: - Read a book that makes you laugh out loud. - The Song of the Quarkbeast ✔ – 17Aug14

August 8, 1976 - Joshua Chasez (J.C.): Read the final book in a series that you need to say Bye, Bye, Bye to. - this isn't the FINAL one but I definitely need to say goodbye to this series - The Last Suppers ✔ – 07Aug14

August 14, 1947 - Danielle Steel: Romance Novelist – Read a romance novel. - Outlander ✔ – 02Aug14

August 16, 1958 – Madonna: – Read a book with a character that’s still a virgin. - Olive's Ocean ✔ – 08Aug14

August 19, 1871 - Orville Wright: Aviator, "first in flight" – Read the first book in a series. - A Carrion Death ✔ – 23Aug14

August 29, 1958 - Michael Jackson: – Read a thriller. - Endangered Species ✔ – 11Aug14

message 14: by Paris (new)

Paris (pah13) | 4285 comments Paris’ Foreman Challenge – It’s My Birthday…
Duration: 8/1/14 - 8/31/14

Bonus: If your birthday is in August, Happy Birthday!! Read a book of your choice as a birthday present to yourself. – Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/25/14

August 1, 1770 - William Clark: The Clark of “Lewis and Clark" – Opposition by Jennifer L Armentrout - - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/9/14

August 1, 1942 - Jerry Garcia: Member of the Grateful Dead – Play by Kylie Scott - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/21/14

August 8, 1976 - Joshua Chasez (J.C.): My favorite member of "N’SYNC" – Dust to Dust by Karina Halle - - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/18/14

August 14, 1947 - Danielle Steel: Romance Novelist – Keeping Mr. Right Now by Robin Bielman - - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/19/14

August 16, 1958 – Madonna: Singer and actress – Like a Virgin – While it Lasts by Abbi Glines - - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/25/14

August 18, 1954 - Patrick Swayze: Actor and dancer – Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/8/14

August 19, 1871 - Orville Wright: Aviator, "first in flight" – The Devil’s Metal by Karina Halle - - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/1/14

August 19, 1921 - Gene Roddenberry: Creator of Star Trek – Origin by Jennifer L Armentrout - ♥♥♥♥ - 8/7/14

August 28, 1969 - Jason Priestley: Actor – Only This by Hadley Quinn - ♥♥♥♥♥ - 8/6/14