2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Allison's Reading Plan - May 2018

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Allison (last edited Jun 03, 2018 08:52AM) (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) Fantasy
The Hawk and His Boy (Tormay #1, Owned, reading on phone) ★★★
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1, Owned, Group Read) ★★★★
Lord of the Fire Lands (King's Blades #2, Mothball)
Wildwood Dancing (Wildwood #1) ★★★★
Exile of the Crown (Crown of Tremontane #2.5) ★★★
The Bone Queen (Pellinor #0, Owned) ★★★★

Mystery
Murder at the Brightwell (Amory Ames #1) ★★★★

Gothic
The Widow's House ★★★★

Historical
War and Peace (reading a bit here and there)
Keeping the Castle ★★★
As the Crow Flies ★★★★
The Rebellious Ward

Urban Fantasy / Paranormal
All Good Things (Split Worlds #5, Series Completion) ★★★★

Science Fiction / Dystopia
Labyrinth (Vorkosigan #7.1) ★★★★
Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars #2, Series Completion) ★★★★

Impulse Reads
Revenge of the Witch (Last Apprentice #1, Dust) - YA Fantasy/Horror ★★★★
The Trouble with Kings - YA Fantasy ★★★★
Charmed Life (Chrestomanci #1) - Middle Grade Fantasy ★★★
The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street #1, Dust) - Paranormal ★★★★
A Useful Woman (Rosalind Thorne #1) - Historical Mystery ★★★★
All Fall Down (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms #1, Owned) - Historical Fantasy ★★
The Thousand Names (Shadow Campaign #1, Owned) - Epic Fantasy
Seraphina (Seraphina #1, Dust) - YA Fantasy ★★★★
The Borders of Infinity (Vorkosigan #7.2) - Science Fiction ★★★
Daughter of Dusk (Midnight Thief #2, Series Completion) - YA Fantasy

Completed

All Good Things (The Split Worlds, #5) by Emma Newman Keeping the Castle (Keeping the Castle, #1) by Patrice Kindl Exile of the Crown (The Crown of Tremontane #2.5) by Melissa McShane Revenge of the Witch (The Last Apprentice / Wardstone Chronicles, #1) by Joseph Delaney The Trouble with Kings by Sherwood Smith The Hawk and His Boy (The Tormay Trilogy, #1) by Christopher Bunn Charmed Life (Chrestomanci, #1) by Diana Wynne Jones Wildwood Dancing (Wildwood, #1) by Juliet Marillier
The House on Tradd Street (Tradd Street, #1) by Karen White A Useful Woman (Rosalind Thorne Mysteries #1) by Darcie Wilde Across a Star-Swept Sea (For Darkness Shows the Stars, #2) by Diana Peterfreund The Bone Queen (The Books of Pellinor, #0.5) by Alison Croggon All Fall Down (Tales of the Latter Kingdoms, #1) by Christine Pope As the Crow Flies by Jeffrey Archer Murder at the Brightwell (Amory Ames Mystery, #1) by Ashley Weaver Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Seraphina (Seraphina, #1) by Rachel Hartman The Widow's House by Carol Goodman Labyrinth (Vorkosigan Saga) by Lois McMaster Bujold The Borders of Infinity by Lois McMaster Bujold

message 2: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments I thought Murder at the Brightwell was a charming read. I look forward to seeing what you think of it. Have a great month!

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11401 comments Mod
I love how you’ve segmented your list by genre. You’ve some appealing titles, too (cut my mystery reading teeth on gothic mysteries).

Enjoy your books!

message 4: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2811 comments I didn't know anyone still wrote Gothic. Like Jonetta, I grew up reading them.

message 5: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2344 comments Ambitious reads on here, enjoy!

message 6: by Allison (last edited May 03, 2018 08:38AM) (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) Anita wrote: "I didn't know anyone still wrote Gothic. Like Jonetta, I grew up reading them."

I only discovered Gothic in the last few years so I have plenty to go back and read. Years to look forward to!

There are definitely some good new ones being written. Simone St. James, Kate Morton and Susanna Kearsley are my favorites if you're tempted to try any.

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) Laura wrote: "Ambitious reads on here, enjoy!"

Jonetta wrote: "I love how you’ve segmented your list by genre. You’ve some appealing titles, too (cut my mystery reading teeth on gothic mysteries).

Enjoy your books!"

Veronica wrote: "I thought Murder at the Brightwell was a charming read. I look forward to seeing what you think of it. Have a great month!"

Thanks!

message 8: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 443 comments Have a great month, Allison!