Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

TV > Walking Dead

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
SPOILER WARNING! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Does anyone watch Fear The Walking Dead as well?

message 3: by Owain (new)

Owain (thedamned) | 8 comments Have watched the first season of Fear The Walking dead but haven't got round to watching the second season. Does it pick? As I thought the first season was a bit slow in places.

message 4: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Hmmm, have a bad memory, don’t remember where season 1 ends exactly, but I do feel like it picks up, although I have to mention that I did like it from the start and now that it’s TWD meets FTWD I’m enjoying TWD again, was starting to lose interest.
I was just asking to see if anybody had seen the last episode so I could vent (view spoiler)

CrazyAsACupcake TWD is one of my favourite series' ((view spoiler)), and I've been lucky enough to meet members of the cast every year for the last three years. My bedroom wall is full of autographs and photo ops with some of my favourites, such as Jesus, Negan and Eugene. I also have a separate section for where my Chandler Riggs photo ops, selfies and autos go (one for each year I've met him - he's so awesome!) I feel like it's going downhill, but I will not stop supporting the actors as I know they have no decision in what happens in the show, and even if I don't like whats happening the majority of them do a damn good job at what they do. I feel like the directors are mostly catering towards the whims of the mid-40 year old women who have the hots for Daryl - so instead of killing him off (when he hasn't had an interesting storyline since about season 3 lets be completely honest) they killed off a character who was on their way to one of the most prominent story lines of the show/comic ((view spoiler)). So right now I don't really know how I feel about the show, as I feel as though they've backed themselves into a corner with no real way of being able to fix it.

I will continue to support the actors - as I said before - especially those who have been killed off and haven't been able to find much work, such as Michael Cudlitz (I try to meet him at every con I go to and if I can't afford a picture/autograph I'll always tell him how much his character meant to me). I find it disgusting how some fans can't discern reality from fantasy - Josh McDermitt dropped out of WSC London this year due to getting death threats about his character. And the majority of people who watch this show are in their mid-40s as I said before, which is why it absolutely appals me how they think they are right to drive an ACTOR to deleting all of their social accounts - and an actor who was advocating for EQUAL RIGHTS on all of his social accounts - just because he plays a villain. This also goes for the people who harass celebrities without realising they have lives . I saw someone posted a picture of JDM and his baby and they said JDM wouldn't be as active as he wanted to spend time with his family, and someone commented "I wish that baby was never born - I need my daily JDM updates!" and it just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

TL;DR I kind of like it but we have a difficult relationship due to recent events in the show, and the fanbase makes me want to not be associated with it.

CrazyAsACupcake Lmao sorry for the long reply, I get passionate about stuff.

message 7: by Owain (new)

Owain (thedamned) | 8 comments I agree with what you said about the direction of the show. It hasn't been doing that well and was surprised to find out it had been renewed for further seasons.

It will be interesting to see where they go with it but it does seem it has gotten into the habit of reusing a formula for each season. Where it just doesn't seem 'fresh' anymore.

message 8: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 16 comments I actually just started watching The Walking Dead last month on Netflix. I think I'm on episode 2 of season 3. :) I'm always jumping on the bandwagon late lol.

I also refused to look at earlier posts in fear of spoilers. Fyi.

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ I have watch TWD since day one :) It's one of my favorite shows but if I'm being honest the last few seasons just haven't been to pair and this last season, season 8 bored me to death! I'm actually really ready for it to end!! Because if it doesn't I'm afraid I'm going to grow to dislike it and that'll just be sad because I have been loyal for 8 years!

message 10: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments ♥Christina wrote: "I'm actually really ready for it to end!! "

Same here.

Do you watch FTWD as well?

♥ℂĦℝΪՖƬΪℕÅ I have only watched the first season of FTWD. I lost respect for the characters and never looked back!

message 12: by CrazyAsACupcake (new)

CrazyAsACupcake I could never get into FTWD. It just seemed like a money grab as the creators realised that people were losing interest in the show? The characters didn't seem very fleshed out, and it was basically the same stuff that was happening in TWD, just in a different city.

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ford | 14 comments I have watched TWD from the beginning and loved it but...lately the spark is missing. I don't want to abandon ship strictly from loyalty but I don't like the direction it's going in.

message 14: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Ashley wrote: "I have watched TWD from the beginning and loved it but...lately the spark is missing. I don't want to abandon ship strictly from loyalty but I don't like the direction it's going in."

Yeah, I know what you mean...

message 15: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ford | 14 comments Has anyone heard the rumor that this upcoming season would be Andrew Lincoln's last?

message 16: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Ashley wrote: "Has anyone heard the rumor that this upcoming season would be Andrew Lincoln's last?"

No?.....

message 17: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Ford | 14 comments I saw it on Facebook first so of course I didn't believe it but I've seen it on other websites as well so I don't know...