Pretty Little Liars ❤ Semi-Advanced Roleplay discussion

Downtown Rosewood ♜ > The Central Library

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

Denver -writes poems drinks wine- | 904 comments Mod
Rosewood Library

message 2: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

After saying her goodbyes to Hanna, she quickly headed over to the library, taking the large steps two at a time. She hoped she wasn't too late and that Kate was still here. Something inside her told Kate deeply needed her help, and Harper wanted to be that person for her.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate stepped inside the large building, seeing Harper there. "Sorry I'm late," she apologised. "I walked, and there was more traffic than I expected." She wandered into the library, looking at the shelves. "I don't know why, I just really wanted to talk to you."

message 4: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

"Hey!" Harper said with a smile, "No worries, I just got here myself, I was worried you would have left or something" she said, following behind Kate. "Is there something specific you wanted to talk about?" she questioned

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate felt awkward. "I just feel like my sister's ghost is here, telling me to do something about my nonexistent life rather than cry about her. She was bossy even when we were really little." She smiled hesitantly.

message 6: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

Harper smiled softly, "I am sure that is what she would want you to do. She wouldn't want you to live in a trapped life, always sad and scared" she said softly, to make sure no one would hear, even though it seemed the library was abandoned except for the two of them

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

"So, are there ANY good books here?" Kate asked happily. "Particularly in the Youth section?" She wandered along the shelves, pulling out a book, before reading the back out loud.

"Tory Brennan, niece of acclaimed forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan, is the leader of a ragtag band of teenage "sci-philes" who live on a secluded island off the coast of South Carolina. When the group rescues a dog caged for medical testing on a nearby island, they are exposed to an experimental strain of canine parvovirus that changes their lives forever.

As the friends discover their heightened senses and animal-quick reflexes, they must combine their scientific curiosity with their newfound physical gifts to solve a cold-case murder that has suddenly become very hot if they can stay alive long enough to catch the killer's scent.

Fortunately, they are now more than friends. They're a pack. They are Virals." She stopped, and snorted. "God, that sounds awful."

((I apologise if there is no Youth section in American libraries. I'm Australian, and I've only been to libraries in NSW))

message 8: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

((no worries doll, we have children, young adult, and adult sections!))

Harper cringed, "Well...I guess it could possibly be well written?" she said with a small taste of hope. "But, let's be honest, it's probably not. Have you ever read any Maria V Snyder stuff? She's good" she said with a soft smile

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

"No, actually. And yeah, this thing could be good, but for the last three sentences of the blurb." Kate placed the book back. "What about this one? Neil Gaiman's good." She showed Harper the title. Interworld it read.

message 10: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

"I like his stuff. Especially the dark and twisty one's!" she said with a light giggle, "And you should try her stuff. The 'Study' series of her's in my absolute favourite!" she said, when suddenly from somewhere to their right, was a loud creak of a floorboard, breaking the silence. Immediately, both of their phones buzzed

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate looked at her phone. It clattered to the floor, screen cracked, clearly displaying the message on it. Her face went white, the book dropping from her hand. "What... who... how?" she stuttered.

message 12: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

"D-Did someone text you too?" Harper stuttered, staring at her phone, her hand shaking. Another loud creak echoed for the now strikingly empty library. Something crashed to the floor. "Oh god" Harper whispered

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

"What was that?" Kate whispered too, peering through the shelves. "Who is A?" She shifted a few books to try to see into the other rows, but it failed. "Who was in here with us?" She picked her phone up cautiously, then re-read the text. "How did A know we were here?" she asked. "Was it A who was in here?"

message 14: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

"i- I don't know" Harper stutterwd, her tongue seemingly refusing to form words. "i-I mean, she, he, it, whoever has sent me texts before but Nothing like this" goosebumps rolled over her skin in a fury, to cloak her in her own terror

message 15: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 31, 2014 12:25AM) (new)

Kate slowly began to calm down. "They quoted Monsters Inc. in their text to you," she said, peering over Harper's shoulder. "I love that quote, and they've ruined it for me. How dare they!" she exclaimed angrily. Oh, wickle Katie-pie, such a little scaredy-cat. Why not let me tell you what to do?
Kate, really! Why are you so nervous! Befriend Harper - you need a social life.

message 16: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

Harper was still on high alert. Since she had been..disposing...of some of her anxiety meds, she only took them every othet day, and it didnt work as well. "I think someone is in here with us..." she whispered

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate shrugged. "It's a public library, they can deal with us being in here," she said, calmer now. She pulled another book from the shelves. "City of Bones," she read. "Oh, one of that popular series 'The Mortal Instruments'. Might be good, or at least, better than the movie."

message 18: by Denver -writes poems drinks wine-, Putting the 'hot' in 'psychotic' (new)

Harper was still visibly on edge, her eyes darting around warily. Clearly Kate underestimated A, didn't know what she could or would do to people. The sound of rapid footsteps echoed from the back of the library and Harper panicked. "I-I need to go" she said quickly, whirling around and running out of the old building.

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Kate shrugged, borrowed the book and left.
Oh, good job, Kate. You totally failed that one, eh? Well, try again later.
Kate turned, but no one was there. "Okay, this is creepy, so who are you?"
YOU're the one who said that I was around still.
"Sis?"
NOOOOOOO.