Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Cover Help > ADDED NEW EDITION BUT CAN'T SEEM TO ADD BOOK COVER?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rona (new)

Rona Edwards | 3 comments I just added the 3rd edition of our book, I LIked it, Didn't Love It: Screenplay Development from the Inside out - but I'm not able to upload the book cover with the third edition - as the one you have up on my page is from the first edition dated 2005 - this is the newest one and we'd like to get that up there. I Liked It, Didn't Love It Screenplay Development from the Inside Out by Rona Edwards

A link to my website has a picture of the third edition cover http://www.esentertainment.net/books....'

Please advise.

Rona Edwards

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 27123 comments Cover added and combined.

message 3: by Leilani (new)

Leilani (leilania) | 20 comments I have added an edition of Puddn'head Wilson by Mark Twain in the past and just took a photo of my edition for the book cover and it won't give me permission!

message 4: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 27123 comments Natalie, please link to the edition you added.

You can add the photo to your photos section on your profile & a librarian can get it from there. :)

message 5: by Rona (new)

Rona Edwards | 3 comments Sandra wrote: "Cover added and combined."
I don't see the 3rd edition cover added - you have the first edition cover posted but it should have a link to the 3rd edition and should be the 3rd edition cover - the 3rd edition is denoted by the purple bookmark at the top right of the cover that state 3rd.
Please advise - Was going to add to photo gallery but then it said that section wasn't for book covers.

message 6: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments Rona wrote: "I just added the 3rd edition of our book, I LIked it, Didn't Love It: Screenplay Development from the Inside out - but I'm not able to upload the book cover with the third edition - as the one you ..."

For future reference you can add the cover to a book that is missing one as long as you are the Primary Author and there is no cover attached.
1) Goto the book page.
2) Click on the "edit details" link
3) Click the "Browse" button on the right hand side of the page to browse for the cover image.
4) Click the "upload photo" button.

message 7: by Rona (new)

Rona Edwards | 3 comments just saw that and was able to do it - but yesterday it didn't seem to have that option - strange. is there a way to merge reviews as some people are reading the book now and have done so in the past 2 years that wrote reviews and the reviews were for the 3rd edition?

Thanks so much for your help

message 8: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments All reviews for every edition of a book should be seen on every editions book page. They are not merged but combined, they stay with the edition they were written for, but as long as the editions are combined like they should be, they will all show up for the book.

message 9: by rivka, Former Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45529 comments Mod
However, if the editions were just added or just combined, it can take a couple days for the cache to update and reviews from all editions to show up.

message 10: by Leilani (last edited May 03, 2018 09:05PM) (new)

Leilani (leilania) | 20 comments Sandra wrote: "Natalie, please link to the edition you added.

You can add the photo to your photos section on your profile & a librarian can get it from there. :)"

I have added my photo to my profile but I don't know how to link it. It has no ISBN printed on the book.

All I have is a copy of the page I was in
content://media/external/file/61122

I have been able to add book covers to books I have added in the past, but this time I only have permissions to add metadata. Probably because I deleted it from my shelves and then re-added it, as it was the only way I could delete "Read" when I hadn't actually read it.

message 11: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 27123 comments Natalie, added the cover. I was able to get the right edition from your profile page.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 12: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 27123 comments Rona wrote: "Sandra wrote: "Cover added and combined."
I don't see the 3rd edition cover added - you have the first edition cover posted but it should have a link to the 3rd edition and should be the 3rd editio..."

Don't know why you didn't see it, I definitely remember the little purple tag.

And just checked the log of the 2 editions with the purple tag & I uploaded both to the editions.

Maybe it took a while with the cache? Not sure.

message 13: by Leilani (new)

Leilani (leilania) | 20 comments Sandra wrote: "Natalie, added the cover. I was able to get the right edition from your profile page.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3..."

Thank you so much. You fixed everything!