Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

BOOKS > Current Favs?

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
Discuss :)

message 2: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments My favourites (next to Harry Potter of course):
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
- Sold
- Frankenstein
- Salt to the Sea
- The Nightingale
- Ready Player One
and 400 brieven van mijn moeder but that one is in Dutch.

message 3: by Cheyenne (last edited May 08, 2018 01:12AM) (new)

Cheyenne | 16 comments There's plenty more but at the top of my head :

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly Black The Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly Black Flawed by Kate Avelynn Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke Forevermore by Cindy Miles How We Fall by Kate Brauning Trapped by Michael Northrop Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher Cryer's Cross by Lisa McMann - Standalones
Stars (Wendy Darling, #1) by Colleen Oakes Tin Star (Tin Star, #1) by Cecil Castellucci Bloodmark (Bloodmark Saga, #1) by Aurora Whittet Fearscape (Horrorscape, #1) by Nenia Campbell Nero (Made Men, #1) by Sarah Brianne - Series.
The Help by Kathryn Stockett One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1) by Janet Evanovich - Non YA

message 4: by EndlessPages (new)

Cheyenne wrote: "There's plenty more but at the top of my head :

The Coldest Girl in Coldtown by Holly BlackThe Darkest Part of the Forest by Holly BlackFlawed by Kate Avelynn[bookcover:Wink Poppy..."

I have been meaning to read The Help

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) Patrick Ness will forever be my favorite for the masterpiece of The Knife of Never Letting Go and everything that followed it.

Currently, I'm really digging on Christina Lauren books (though I never bothered with the first Fan-Fic-Made-Book ones.)

message 6: by Daniella (new)

Daniella ✨ And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare

message 7: by EndlessPages (new)

Daniella wrote: "And Then There Were None by Agatha Christie
Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
The Infernal Devices Trilogy by Cassandra Clare"

I absolutely love the Book Thief

message 8: by Cheyenne (new)

Cheyenne | 16 comments I haven't read the book thief yet. I have read The Great Gatsby though. It was a really good book.

message 10: by EndlessPages (new)

Mark wrote: "For 2018:
Strange the Dreamer
Where'd You Go, Bernadette
Little Fires Everywhere
The Time Traveler's Wife"

omg how good was Strange the Dreamer!

message 11: by Mark (new)

Mark (markhousley) | 16 comments Tell me about it, I really loved it and the sequel is one of my most anticipated books this year!

message 12: by EndlessPages (new)

Mark wrote: "Tell me about it, I really loved it and the sequel is one of my most anticipated books this year!"

SAME!!!

message 13: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) Anything by Brandon Sanderson, Michael J Sullivan, Maria Snyder, and Jonathan Stroud. And most of Garth Nix and Rick Riordan.

Also the Michael Vey series by Richard Paul Evans; it was my new Harry Potter when that series ended.

In classics, I love Les Miserables, Rebecca, Wuthering Heights, Huckleberry Finn, The Woman in White, The Count of Monte Cristo

message 15: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) Ren The Booknerd wrote: "A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2) by Sarah J. Maas The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1) by Holly Black Empire of Storms (Throne of Glass, #5) by Sarah J. Maas The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo [bo..."

I haven't read Percy Jackson of The cruel Prince yet but the rest are nestled in a special place in my heart hahaha

message 16: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (michellebilodeau) | 8 comments There's so many but my favourites for 2018 so far are
The Great Alone
Whisper
The Good Liar
The Woman in the Window
The Chalk Man
The One

message 17: by Amanda (new)

Amanda Poppen (mandakpopp) | 4 comments My Ultimate fav is Harry Potter! My current obsession though, is The Mortal Instruments! <3

message 18: by Jaida Rose (new)

Jaida Rose (bookquaker) | 14 comments Amanda wrote: "My Ultimate fav is Harry Potter! My current obsession though, is The Mortal Instruments! <3"

If you love the Mortal Instruments, you should (if you haven't already) read The Infernal Devices and The Dark Artifices. Both are series and are also by Cassandra Clare about the Shadowhunter universe and they're both excellent!

message 19: by Spencer (new)

Spencer (hypergiraffe420) | 2 comments I love so many books! Whenever someone asks me my favorite I'm always like, "I could give you my top 100" lol

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies (Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, #1) by Seth Grahame-Smith Flash Point by Nancy Kress The Princess & the Pauper by Kate Brian Teen Idol by Meg Cabot I Was a Teenage Popsicle by Bev Katz Rosenbaum Final Exam by A. Bates Pants on Fire by Meg Cabot Matched (Matched, #1) by Ally Condie Hatchet by Gary Paulsen Catherine, Called Birdy by Karen Cushman Hide and Seek by Jane McFann Airhead (Airhead, #1) by Meg Cabot Across the Universe (Across the Universe, #1) by Beth Revis What's Left of Me (The Hybrid Chronicles, #1) by Kat Zhang Squashed by Joan Bauer The Woman in the Wall by Patrice Kindl Penelope by Marilyn Kaye The Dead Man in Indian Creek by Mary Downing Hahn Mothership (Ever-Expanding Universe, #1) by Martin Leicht You Belong To Me by Mary Higgins Clark Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Uninvited (Uninvited, #1) by Sophie Jordan Deadly Design by Debra Dockter Pretend You Don't See Her by Mary Higgins Clark Holes (Holes, #1) by Louis Sachar Everlost (Skinjacker, #1) by Neal Shusterman The Lying Game (The Lying Game, #1) by Sara Shepard Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine There's A Boy in the Girls' Bathroom by Louis Sachar I'll Be Seeing You by Lurlene McDaniel Danger in Quicksand Swamp by Bill Wallace The Girl with the Silver Eyes by Willo Davis Roberts Daring to Dream (Dream Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts The Queen Is Dead (The Immortal Empire, #2) by Kate Locke Vision in White (Bride Quartet, #1) by Nora Roberts Naked in Death (In Death #1) by J.D. Robb Till Death Do Us Part (April Lancaster, #1) by Lurlene McDaniel Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer Half Upon a Time (Half Upon a Time, #1) by James Riley Key of Light (Key Trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts Body Double (Rizzoli & Isles, #4) by Tess Gerritsen Dance Upon the Air (Three Sisters Island, #1) by Nora Roberts Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Dead City (Dead City, #1) by James Ponti Ready Player One (Ready Player One, #1) by Ernest Cline Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (Harry Potter, #1) by J.K. Rowling Rot & Ruin (Rot & Ruin, #1) by Jonathan Maberry Breathe (Breathe, #1) by Sarah Crossan Get Even (Don't Get Mad, #1) by Gretchen McNeil Skylark (Skylark, #1) by Meagan Spooner Shadowlands (Shadowlands, #1) by Kate Brian I Am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore Parallel by Lauren Miller

message 20: by Marti (new)

Marti -The Harry Potter novels
- The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue
- Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe
- The Raven Cycle