Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

May 2018: Children of Blood&Bone > POLL: LGBTQIA Suggestions for June 2018

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited May 14, 2018 03:42PM) (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
GO TO POLL
June will LGBTQIA novels for Pride Month. Make your suggestions for June's pick here to be included in the poll. Please include a link to the book's Goodreads page if possible. This month's selection from the LGBT* Vaginal Fantasy listopia is Huntress.

The poll will go up around May 10th and will end May 24th. For more information see The Vaginal Fantasy Poll FAQ.

message 2: by T.S. (new)

T.S. Adrian (shadyia) | 163 comments I suggest:

Beneath the Silver Rose (Shadyia Ascendant, #1) by T.S. Adrian (Bisexual woman warrior in a same-sex romance set in a low-magic fantasy setting.)

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Abroad (Abroad, #1) by Liz Jacobs Bit of a coming of age one, as an American exchange student gets drawn into a lovely queer found family in London.

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraberestecki) | 163 comments My suggestion is Spectred Isle

message 5: by Victoria (new)

Victoria | 31 comments I would like to suggest Fingersmith by Sarah Waters

message 6: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Laura wrote: "My suggestion is Spectred Isle"
EXCELLENT suggestion!

message 7: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie (cozyuptocrime) | 46 comments Alicia wrote: "Laura wrote: "My suggestion is Spectred Isle"
EXCELLENT suggestion!"

I agree!!! Have been wanting to read this one!

message 8: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8 comments The Song of Achilles

Tossing this one into the ring. It's been on my list for a few months, and the author just released a new title. (Greek mythology, but unrelated to Achilles.)

Greece in the age of heroes. Patroclus, an awkward young prince, has been exiled to the court of King Peleus and his perfect son Achilles. By all rights their paths should never cross, but Achilles takes the shamed prince as his friend, and as they grow into young men skilled in the arts of war and medicine their bond blossoms into something deeper - despite the displeasure of Achilles' mother Thetis, a cruel sea goddess. But then word comes that Helen of Sparta has been kidnapped. Torn between love and fear for his friend, Patroclus journeys with Achilles to Troy, little knowing that the years that follow will test everything they hold dear.

Profoundly moving and breathtakingly original, this rendering of the epic Trojan War is a dazzling feat of the imagination, a devastating love story, and an almighty battle between gods and kings, peace and glory, immortal fame and the human heart.

message 9: by nil (last edited May 04, 2018 09:08AM) (new)

nil (nilnil) I suggest Pantomime

Pantomime (Micah Grey, #1) by Laura Lam

and/or Daughter of Mystery

Daughter of Mystery (Alpennia, #1) by Heather Rose Jones

message 10: by nil (new)

nil (nilnil) Victoria wrote: "I would like to suggest Fingersmith by Sarah Waters"

Oooo... added to my list!

message 11: by Ashleigh (new)

Ashleigh | 108 comments https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... Sorry don’t know how to do the book link thing. But my suggestion is The traitor Baru Cormorant
Absolutely loved this book- there’s not so much sexy time but there is a slow build FF romance that is going down as one of my favourites.

message 12: by Qukatheg (new)

Qukatheg | 17 comments A Matter of Oaths. It's a space opera with a M/M romance, and the ship's commander is a pretty kick-ass older woman of colour.

message 13: by Sean Lookielook (last edited May 05, 2018 07:44AM) (new)

Ashleigh wrote: "https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/2... Sorry don’t know how to do the book link thing. "

The link is more convenient for me, but I realize it's only a desktop feature (*shakes fist at Goodreads* It's the "add book/author" link just above the comment box.). What is important is being able to find the correct book, so title and author are a minimum. I have had people say I want this one, and when I search for it there are 72 books with the same title.

message 14: by nil (new)

nil (nilnil) Amy wrote: "The Song of Achilles

Tossing this one into the ring. It's been on my list for a few months, and the author just released a new title. (Greek mythology, but unrelated to Achilles.)
..."

So even though we haven't chosen a book yet, I wanted to mention that amazon has Song of Achilles for $1.99 right now, so might be a good opportunity to plan ahead or pick it up if you (like me) added it to your list based on this suggestion!

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate I nominate: The Tiger's Daughter. I heard a review recently that kept saying warrior women in love... who wouldn't like that?

message 16: by Trina (new)

Trina Dubya (trina_dubya) This is YA (smoochytimes but no sexytimes), and I'm not sure if it qualifies for the VFBC because it's two boys and written by a man, but Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe is a favorite. Especially the audio book, performed by Lin-Manuel Miranda.

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (j-boo) | 182 comments Poll?

message 18: by Sean Lookielook (new)

The poll is now open.

Sorry, I meant to do it last week but got busy. Note: I'm adding a new rule that if more than 12 books get nominated, write-ins will be disabled for that month. Good luck picking just one!

message 19: by Sean Lookielook (new)

Poll closes Thursday at midnight. Vote now if you haven't already.

message 20: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Sean Lookielook wrote: "The poll is now open.

Sorry, I meant to do it last week but got busy. Note: I'm adding a new rule that if more than 12 books get nominated, write-ins will be disabled for that month. Good luck pi..."

I like the new rule!