Monthly Challenges discussion

May 2018 Challenge > Surprise Me Task

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana S (last edited Jun 01, 2018 03:42PM) (new)

Diana S | 1849 comments Mod
Post your books here

Directions for this task

★ 1. List 5 books (use bookcovers) that you would like to read this month.
** (this is for the 1st person who post)

example...
Here are my 5 books: The Boat People by Sharon Bala The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah White Houses by Amy Bloom Halsey Street by Naima Coster Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan

★ 2. The next person to post will choose the two books for you to read for this task.

example....
For (name) I pick: Beneath a Scarlet Sky by Mark T. Sullivan & The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah

★ 3. Then they will list their books:

example....
Here are my 5 books: The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin Honor Among Thieves (The Honors, #1) by Rachel Caine Song of a Captive Bird by Jasmin Darznik Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella The Grave's a Fine and Private Place (Flavia de Luce, #9) by Alan Bradley

.... step #2 and #3 in one post.

★ 4. and so on .......

★★ Just a reminder: the 1st person to post doesn't pick any books. You just list your 5 books.

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany | 338 comments Here are my 5:
Flight Behavior by Barbara Kingsolver The Unquiet (Charlie Parker, #6) by John Connolly The Child Thief by Brom Solo by Kwame Alexander The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

message 3: by Amberly (new)

Amberly (introverted22) | 148 comments Bethany I pick for you:
Solo by Kwame Alexander and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer

Here are my five:
White Bodies by Jane Robins This Is What Happened by Mick Herron Your Voice Is All I Hear by Leah Scheier Hotel Silence by Auður Ava Ólafsdóttir If We Had Known by Elise Juska

message 4: by Marilyn (new)

Marilyn Lott | 497 comments Amberly, I pick for you:
Your Voice Is All I Hear by Leah Scheier and If We Had Known by Elise Juska

Here are my five:
The Midnight Assassin Panic, Scandal, and the Hunt for America's First Serial Killer by Skip Hollandsworth I Am Malala The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles The Bone Seeker (Edie Kiglatuk #3) by M.J. McGrath The Ninth Hour by Alice McDermott

message 5: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments For Marilyn, I pick
I Am Malala The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai and A Gentleman in Moscow by Amor Towles

Here are my five:
Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng City of Bones (Harry Bosch, #8; Harry Bosch Universe, #10) by Michael Connelly The Good Nurse A True Story of Medicine, Madness, and Murder by Charles Graeber Bitter Grounds by Sandra Benítez The Beauty of Humanity Movement by Camilla Gibb

message 6: by Linda C (new)

Linda C (libladynylindac) | 772 comments For Tessa, I pick:

Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng and Bitter Grounds by Sandra Benítez

Here are my five:
Alice's Tulips by Sandra Dallas Pick Your Poison (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #1) by Leann Sweeney Magic Breaks (Kate Daniels, #7) by Ilona Andrews Pizza A Slice of American History by Liz Barrett One Pink Line by Dina Silver

message 7: by Amber (new)

Amber (arboan) | 544 comments For Linda I pick
Pick Your Poison (A Yellow Rose Mystery, #1) by Leann Sweeney Pizza A Slice of American History by Liz Barrett

My picks are
Dangerous Alterations (A Southern Sewing Circle, #5) by Elizabeth Lynn Casey The Bluebonnet Betrayal (Potting Shed Mystery, #5) by Marty Wingate Troublemaker Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling Callander Square (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt, #2) by Anne Perry

message 8: by Diana S (new)

For Amber I pick:
Troublemaker Surviving Hollywood and Scientology by Leah Remini & Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Harry Potter, #4) by J.K. Rowling

My picks are:
About Grace by Anthony Doerr Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward An American Marriage by Tayari Jones Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough The Which Way Tree by Elizabeth Crook

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 627 comments Diana ... I'll pick for you since no one else has come forward in the last week ...

About Grace by Anthony Doerr and An American Marriage by Tayari Jones

Happy reading!

message 10: by Diana S (new)

Thanks Tessa