YA LGBT Books discussion

New Releases > July 2018 New Releases

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16800 comments This is for YA books with significant LGBTQ content released in July 2018 - anyone can post books here (author or not.) If the book is on Goodreads please link it (and maybe show us the cover.) If you read it, feel free to add a short comment or synopsis. Consider also adding the book to our group bookshelf.

Thanks for helping to keep our group up to date.

message 2: by Harry (new)

Harry Lavis (harrylavis) | 19 comments I tried some searches on google. Almost found some.
The Boy with the Perpetual Nervousness: A Memoir of an Adolescence, An enthralling, emotional memoir that recounts the ups and downs of coming-of-age, set against the music and literature of the 1970s.
I Can't Date Jesus: Love, Sex, Family, Race, and Other Reasons I've Put My Faith in Beyoncé, A timely collection of alternately hysterical and soul‑searching essays about what it is like to grow up as a creative, sensitive black man in a world that constantly tries to deride and diminish your humanity. Hope it is a bit funny, based on Beyonce title :P
The other results were closer to drama, or at a higher age than adults.

On my way i also found those old two that look interesting. I would like to hear a personal comment, if someone on the group has read them.
It's Not Like It's a Secret
Huntress

And of course, last but not least, I can suggest you my own book, coming out on July, Let Me Dream. With two main characters between 20-25, traveling around some cities (and countries too), it's an easy summer book, romantic and funny, but emotional in some parts too, but not that heavy. The main hero actually is very crazy for his age and acts like he is 15 xD

message 3: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16800 comments Thanks Harry :)

message 4: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Vb, please remove your above link and suggestion as it is not age appropriate for our group.

message 5: by Vb (new)

Vb Conrad | 1 comments thanks sam. i’m finding a way to remove it. just a sec

message 6: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments Vb wrote: "thanks sam. i’m finding a way to remove it. just a sec"

You needed to simply hit the delete button--I've done it for you--thanks!

message 7: by Iamshadow (new)

Iamshadow | 334 comments Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers is out now. :)

message 8: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Appleby-Dean (benjaminappleby-dean) | 69 comments Iamshadow wrote: "Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers is out now. :)"

And really good so far - I just started it yesterday!

message 9: by Iamshadow (new)

Iamshadow | 334 comments Benjamin wrote: "Iamshadow wrote: "Record of a Spaceborn Few by Becky Chambers is out now. :)"

And really good so far - I just started it yesterday!"

Ah! So jealous. I'm going to have to wait at least six months before I can afford it. I still haven't read Leah on the Offbeat because my library hasn't bought it yet. My to-buy list is LONG. My birthday I'm going to be buying the last few volumes of a collection I started getting when I was about ten, and I'm thirty seven this year, so, y'know, they have seniority over something out just this month. :)

message 10: by A. (new)

A. Zukowski | 24 comments Courting Light Courting Light by A. Zukowski

Tags: #lesbian, #contemporary, #comingofage, #disability, #teens, #youngadult, #friendship, #romance

ebook: http://mybook.to/CourtingLight
Beaten Track Publishing, release date 29.7.2018
28,500 words/100 pages
ISBN 13: 9781786452542

Our days were numbered but precious.

Courting Light is the story of Josie, an eighteen-year-old about to leave home to start university in London. She volunteers at a summer camp for disabled children. When Josie is paired with the autistic teenager Lucian, she faces intense experiences that are truly eye-opening. To her surprise, Lucian is not the only one who captures her attention. Over the weeks, Josie develops powerful desires evoked by the camp’s enigmatic young leader with a shaved head and tattoo on her skull.

Part of Seasons of Love Anthology. http://mybook.to/SOLAnthology

message 11: by Iamshadow (new)

Iamshadow | 334 comments I walked into my local chain bookstore, and unlike The Brightsiders, which I still haven't found, Record of a Spaceborn Few was right there, and though I couldn't afford it right now, I did a happy dance in the shop.