Mrs. Eriksson's Summer Reading Challenge 2015 discussion

Drop Dead Healthy: One Man's Humble Quest for Bodily Perfection
This topic is about Drop Dead Healthy
Drop Dead Healthy

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Stephenie Eriksson (stephkeriksson) | 70 comments Mod
I love A.J. Jacobs. I especially love listening to A.J. Jacobs read his books on audio. Mrs. Lovin recommended this one a few years ago, and I finally got around to listening to it. A few years ago, I listened to his book, My Year of Living Biblically, which I also recommend. Jacobs is an "immersion" journalist, which means that what ever he is researching and writing about, he experiences. He is a bit extreme, and that is what I LOVE! In Drop Dead Healthy, his goal is to become the healthiest man alive by researching the latest in healthy living, and then following the research recommendations to the letter. For example, when he learns that noise pollution can lead to premature death, he wears noise canceling headphone everywhere he goes. Another thing I love about this book is that while there is a lot of research, Jacobs integrates his personal family experiences, drawing you into his life of with his wife, his children, his grandfather, and his eccentric aunt. By the end, I was driving and crying.

message 2: by DaShannon (new) - added it

DaShannon | 71 comments I forgot about the ending.... love, love, love Jacobs.