SOS: Serious Overload of Series discussion

General Discussion > Audible's "Romance Package" Subscription

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited May 01, 2018 06:10PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments This is so sweet and I wish I had the personal listening time I used to have because I'd be all over this service. But, alas, hubby and I are mostly listening to books together and he's not a fan of the romances. >;) Still, I had to share with those who may not have heard the news.

"Romance readers are some of the most savvy, enthusiastic, well-versed, and devoted fans in the world." (Audible Chief Content Officer, Andy Gaies' official press release)
Introducing Audible Romance: Access Unlimited Steamy Stories and Provocative Performances for $14.95 Per Month, or $6.95 Per Month with Audible Membership

First dedicated romance service for listeners showcases binge-worthy tales by Nora Roberts, Robyn Carr, Sylvia Day, Debbie Macomber, Kristen Ashley, Lauren Blakely, and more, performed by Blair Underwood, Dermot Mulroney, Jesse Metcalfe and other seductive voices

Listeners can also enjoy groundbreaking “Take Me To The Good Part” and “Steaminess Score” features
For those who love reaching those smexy scenes "Audible is debuting “Take Me to the Good Part,” a pioneering feature that uses data science and machine learning to allow listeners to go straight to the most sought out and memorable sections of a romance audiobook, and the “Steaminess Score,” which identifies the level of passion that listeners can expect from their romance novel before diving in." Your "steaminess score" options are: sweet, simmering, sizzling, hot damn and o-o-omg.

In addition, you can find books using other search specifics, such as: romance categories (Regency, Immortals, Thriller, Romantic Comedy, NA Romance, Modern Royal, Small Town, Gothic, LGBT, Wester, African American and more), character types (athletes and celebrities, protectors, supernaturals and more), or story themes (relationship status, setting the scene, wrong, but oh so right and more).

What will I get?
THE AUDIBLE ROMANCE PACKAGE
~ The freedom to binge on thousands of romance audiobooks
~ New ways to discover your next great listen from our expertly curated collection
~ The steamiest voices, including celebrity narrators, bringing stories to life
~ Anytime, anywhere listening with our free Audible app
~ Ad-free offline listening

Head to Audible to learn more

message 2: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24182 comments Wow if you're into audio, this sounds pretty good :)

Love the "take me to the good part" which would be perfect for re-reads!

message 3: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1586 comments I have this and I love it. (Just wish I had more time to listen!!) I'm surprised at the variety of books they have available. I'll go to purchase a book -- and there is a "R" indicated in the upper right-hand corner telling me that it is available in my package. Neat! And the category search is pretty neat, too.

message 4: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments Color me jealous, Lisa Kay! Sounds so cool.

message 5: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1586 comments Yeah, they should expand this to other genres. Like mystery and thriller.

message 6: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24182 comments You should tell them Lisa Kay, they'd probably appreciate the feedback.

message 7: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1586 comments Sandra wrote: "You should tell them Lisa Kay, they'd probably appreciate the feedback."

Trying to tell them now... and they are clueless as to what I'm talking about. LOL!

message 8: by Steph, Serious series addict (last edited May 01, 2018 07:00PM) (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments We'd be on it in a heartbeat if they added fantasy and all sub-genres!

ETA: They probably found that romance readers were high on their purchase list and went with that one first. Hopefully they'll expand to other genres eventually.

message 9: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1586 comments Hopefully.

message 10: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1586 comments Well, I didn't get anywhere with them. They kept saying that they were sorry that I wasn't happy with the Romance Package. I kept telling them that I LOVE their Romance Package... and then it really started sounding like a bizarre Adult Theme conversion. LOL!

message 11: by Sandra, Kindle Operator Licence Required (new)

Sandra | 24182 comments LOL

message 12: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments 😆

message 13: by Kim (new)

Kim Shumaker (kim_shumaker) | 707 comments I have subscribed to this and I love it!! I also wish there were more genres included but I'll take what I can get.

message 14: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments I hope they do!

message 15: by Mary C (last edited May 17, 2018 06:44AM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2489 comments I was going to look at that although I usually prefer my steamy books in print or ebook. Not a fan of being out walking the dog or working in the yard and a long sex scene come on.

ScribD ended up reducing or limiting the allowed books/audios per month or whatever due to romance readers. They didn't realize how voraciously many romance readers read and they were losing money on them.

I would love this in a mystery/thriller and urban fantasy. But I might check it out because I like to read the listen to the less steamy romances. Or I'll just fast forward through a sex scene if it comes at an awkward time.

message 16: by Lisa Kay (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 1586 comments Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave wrote: "ScribD ended up reducing or limiting the allowed books/audios per month or whatever due to romance readers. They didn't realize how voraciously many romance readers read and they were losing money on them."

Really? Interesting.

message 17: by Mary C (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2489 comments That's what I remember reading at the time. It used to be unlimited, however many books you could read or listen to in a month but then they limited it and what I read was it was because romance readers were reading so much so quickly that the service wasn't making any money on them. But this was a while ago.

message 18: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments Mary: Harry Dresden's Love Slave wrote: "I was going to look at that although I usually prefer my steamy books in print or ebook. Not a fan of being out walking the dog or working in the yard and a long sex scene come on."

😆

message 19: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3654 comments FYI. I signed up about a year ago and just wanted to add my two cents... I have definitely got my money’s worth from this service and found some great series available with the Romance package. Happy Reading.

message 20: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments That's awesome, Lis and great news for those who were on the fence about purchasing it. Thanks for sharing!

message 21: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3654 comments It’s nice when you can binge read a series new to you. Hoopla has been a good source too.

message 22: by Steph, Serious series addict (new)

Steph (angel4492) | 29495 comments It is! I've used Hoopla quite often too. It's easy and convenient.

message 23: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3654 comments Since the romance pkg is gone. I haven’t seen seen the value in the plus pkg. Has anyone into audiobooks tried Scribd yet? Curious to know if it’s worth $9.99 per mos.

message 24: by Mary C (last edited Nov 15, 2020 04:26PM) (new)

Mary C (marymaryalwayscontrary) | 2489 comments I tried ScribD a few years ago and didn't keep it long. But I got it again recently and I love it now. Lots more audio books of all kinds than before. I'm also a crafter and avid cook and there's a lot of craft and cooking books and magazines. So I'm definitely getting my money's worth. Plus my daughter has been able to use it for some college related reference stuff.

But I listen to more than just romance.

message 25: by Lis (new)

Lis | 3654 comments Thanks for the feedback. Think I’ll give the 30 day free trial a spin.