The YA Book Club discussion

Book Recommendations > Books that blow your mind

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by TallJessica (new)

TallJessica | 4 comments The last book that blew your mind, left you sobbing, you couldn't even think of picking up another book after reading it since you were so emotionally drained. A book that kept you up late into the night and ruined your chances of functioning like a basic human being because you were so wrapped up in that fictional world.
The last book that blew my mind after reading it was A Court of Thornes and Roses.

message 2: by Lina (new)

Lina | 539 comments Definitely the Vampire Academy series blew my mind when i read it a few years back, i mean i just can't explain it, i read the whole series less then a week and i stayed up all night reading it, like i just didn't expected that. The second book or should i say book series was the Blood of Eden by Julie Kagawa, i read this series a few years back also, and i still think about it and that emotional ending in the final book.

message 3: by Lina (new)

Lina | 539 comments But recently there aren't many books that blew my mind away like these two. I guess i just have to keep searching for the right book.

message 4: by Jule (new)

Jule | 24 comments We Were Liars. Definitely. I still cant get over and I read it a few years ago.

message 5: by Karen (last edited May 01, 2018 07:04PM) (new)

Karen | 706 comments The Light of the Fireflies because everyone has a dark past and has characteristics of a psycho and the twist on the end is really mind blowing.

message 6: by TallJessica (new)

TallJessica | 4 comments Lina wrote: "But recently there aren't many books that blew my mind away like these two. I guess i just have to keep searching for the right book."
The struggle is real. I was talking with one of my friends who isn't all that into reading and she asked me if all the books I read are good. Which is an odd question, because why would I waste my time with lots of subpar reading, its like she was asking me if I read just because I liked the action and not because what I was reading was good. I think most the books I read are good, but not all of them reach the level where I go through book withdrawal.

message 7: by Lisa (new)

Lisa D | 15 comments I agree with you about We We’re Liars. I couldn’t believe that ending!! It’s so haunting!

message 8: by Lina (new)

Lina | 539 comments I agree with you, the struggle is indeed real. There are books who can give you a hangover and there are books who you just read and after that you are impressed but it doesn't give you any hangover or can blow your mind. I guess everything is up to the reader, everyone experiences different emotions while reading a book, for example if there is a book that is really boring for you the other person can actually like it and later obsses about it, it really depends, you just have to get the right book to obsses. Nowdays i hardly can find a book like Vampire Acadamy to read. It takes the right book to really impress you.

message 9: by Kadi (last edited May 02, 2018 02:37AM) (new)

Kadi P (kadi_p) | 19 comments Dangerous Girls by Abigail Haas This book shocked me. Very unexpectedly too. Crazy good. Left me with my jaw open it really was amazing and shocking and wowowowow I can't explain how good it was and that ending tho. Mind blown.

Here Lies Daniel Tate by Cristin Terrill This book just left me with lots of questions (which is a good thing). The entire journey was amazing. One of those books that change how you feel for quite a while. Was one of my top 3 books of 2017 it was so so good.

message 10: by Jule (new)

Jule | 24 comments hey i’m back, i just finished reading They Both Die at the End by Adam Silvera and it’s is the most emotional book. Definitely recommend

message 11: by Lonny bookish (new)

Lonny bookish We Are Okay by Nina Lacour

It. Is. Amazing! And beautifully wrote.