What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Military fiction. Pilot shot down or crashed in enemy territory, cold war era.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by John (new)

John | 17 comments Read this book around 1986. Story takes place in 70's I think. Somewhere in Europe, possibly Romania. Pilot is on the run from enemy soldiers, winter time, wooded area. American pilot I think.

message 3: by John (new)

John | 17 comments kelgar01 wrote: "Firefox?"

No, but thanks anyway.

message 4: by John (new)

John | 17 comments Bump

message 6: by John (new)

John | 17 comments Chris wrote: "Last of the Breed"

Thanks Chris. I don't think that's it, but it looks like a good one.

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris | 17 comments Oh bummer, I was really hoping I found it for you, because it checked pretty much all the boxes from your description and was published in '86. Maybe if you point out what makes you think it's not right, that will provide additional information about what /is/ correct. :)

message 8: by John (new)

John | 17 comments Chris wrote: "Oh bummer, I was really hoping I found it for you, because it checked pretty much all the boxes from your description and was published in '86. Maybe if you point out what makes you think it's not ..."

Well, my memory could be wrong, but I think the whole story took place in Europe, and I don't think he was ever captured. I may have to read "Last of the Breed" though, before I can say for sure. I see my local library has it, so I will check it out and get back to you.

message 9: by Chris (new)

Chris | 17 comments Gotcha, yeah Siberia isn't Europe. :)

If you do read LotB, report back on if it was any good. My self from the '80s thought it was great but my current self barely remembers it and wonders if it should be refreshed. :)

message 10: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40686 comments Mod
John, are you still looking for this or did you find it?