Psychological Thrillers discussion

BOTM Past to Present > MAY 2018...99 BALLOONS...by Elisabeth Carpenter

Comments Showing 1-21 of 21 (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 667 comments Mod
Open for discussion...

message 2: by Jim (last edited May 01, 2018 10:18AM) (new)

Jim Crocker | 249 comments Woo-Hoo! We're live! LIVEEEE! 😲 And did you know that 99 BALLOONS is only 99 cents! 🙌That's a deal for sure. And you can get that deal and find out a whole lot more about our BOTM and our MOTM right chere: http://botm.blackdogebooks.com/

I'm getting my copy right now, so I can join the discussion! See yas!😎

message 3: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (JANEANDJERRYCULWELL) | 65 comments 99 Red Balloons by Elisabeth Carpenter read the preview and now can't wait to get started and for only 99 cents on amazon is a great deal for me...

message 4: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Yarmolkevich | 22 comments Just started reading it!

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris | 379 comments You guys are killing me here. Just started 2 books now this one ugh.

message 6: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Yarmolkevich | 22 comments Just finished reading the book. I’m curious to see what other people think about it. I don’t want to spoil anything if no one has read it yet. At times it was slightly confusing, but as the book went on, things begin to make sense. Nicely written!

message 7: by stephanie, MOD (new)

stephanie | 667 comments Mod
Hi Nicole, I read this book up to when the mother was looking for the little girl,,then I zipped right on over to the hookers,,,So I'll be back down the road on reading this...

message 8: by Chris (last edited May 03, 2018 08:52AM) (new)

Chris | 379 comments I've only read about 10% of the book. To be honest these books make me sad so hopefully I'll be able to read it quickly. It takes me forever to read an ebook.

message 9: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Yarmolkevich | 22 comments Yes, at times this book did make me feel pretty sad. I tend to feel that way when children are involved in these types of situations. But the ending made things a little bit better.

message 10: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (JANEANDJERRYCULWELL) | 65 comments Going to start reading more on this one later

message 11: by Chris (new)

Chris | 379 comments Half way through this book and talk about skeletons in the closet.

message 12: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (JANEANDJERRYCULWELL) | 65 comments I think I'm about 32% of the way through it and agree Chris the closets seem to be getting fuller by the pages

message 13: by Chris (last edited May 08, 2018 09:33AM) (new)

Chris | 379 comments Janeandjerry wrote: "I think I'm about 32% of the way through it and agree Chris the closets seem to be getting fuller by the pages"

I am thinking that Emma is Maggie's daughter Zoe. Why Grace was kidnapped I have no idea but maybe it has to do with the phone calls that Emma is receiving. Could it be that Scott plays a part in it some way.

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Yarmolkevich | 22 comments Yes, I also think that Emma was Zoe.

message 15: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (JANEANDJERRYCULWELL) | 65 comments I am thinking the same things

message 16: by Chris (new)

Chris | 379 comments I love when I get things right. I definitely read too much. Almost done only have 20% more to read and I am sure that the surprises aren't over.

message 17: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Matthews goldshot | 8 comments I'm only 40% thru, but I think Scott is George.

message 18: by Chris (new)

Chris | 379 comments Janeandjerry wrote: "99 Red Balloons by Elisabeth Carpenter read the preview and now can't wait to get started and for only 99 cents on amazon is a great deal for me..."

If it wasn't for the cost I probably would of sat the read out which wouldn't of been good since I've missed quite of few of them.

message 19: by Janeandjerry (new)

Janeandjerry (JANEANDJERRYCULWELL) | 65 comments Chris wrote: "Janeandjerry wrote: "99 Red Balloons by Elisabeth Carpenter read the preview and now can't wait to get started and for only 99 cents on amazon is a great deal for me..."

If it wasn't for the cost I ..."

Totally agree I got lucky with it too

message 20: by Chris (new)

Chris | 379 comments Done. Really happy that things worked out in the end.

message 21: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Matthews goldshot | 8 comments I thoroughly enjoyed it. The character development was good without being too much. It held my interest as I found myself trying to figure out the ending (which was a surprise). I was surprised that this was Elisabeth Carpenter's first novel.