Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1)
This topic is about Dead Until Dark
Archive - Past Group Reads > Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Dead Until Dark (Sookie Stackhouse, #1) by Charlaine Harris

Sookie Stackhouse is just a small-time cocktail waitress in small-town Louisiana. Until the vampire of her dreams walks into her life-and one of her coworkers checks out....

Maybe having a vampire for a boyfriend isn't such a bright idea.

Start Date: May 1st, 2018

message 2: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I'm about half way on this one already. I like it so far!!

message 3: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments This series has been on my radar for years. Time to start!

message 4: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Ooooh yay! Time for a reread!

message 5: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments Lindsay, did you watch the series? If so how do they stack up? I really liked True Blood.

Wait Sara, you like the vampire book? you hate vamps! Yay one you can enjoy.

message 6: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments I watched part of the series...I can't remember why I stopped actually cause I really liked it. I think maybe I watched whatever was out and then forgot to pick it back up when new seasons came out. I had already read some of the books before I watched it, too. Honestly, I know this is a cliched series but I absolutely love the books! Some aren't as good as others but it's like a classic series for me haha. I've read some of them three times already.

Robin | 12 comments though i will admit at times i found certain aspects of the books to be cheesy, i enjoyed the books a lot more than the tv show. unfortunately they deviated from some of the storylines i looked forward to seeing come alive onscreen.

message 8: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Brandy wrote: "Lindsay, did you watch the series? If so how do they stack up? I really liked True Blood.

Wait Sara, you like the vampire book? you hate vamps! Yay one you can enjoy."

I know, Brandy! I found one that I don't mind!

message 9: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited May 07, 2018 12:25PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Finished :)

It was definitely cheesy, but I didn't mind.

message 10: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments I started! So I am not that far behind ya. I am about 1/4 way in, the book and show are pretty close so far.

message 11: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
I decided to start the second book haha not very far in yet, just a few chapters.

message 12: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Wow, go Sara!

message 13: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
haha thanks Lindsay!

message 14: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments Finished book 1. I think that watching the series first was a bad idea. I knew who the killer was, talk about a spoiler.

message 15: by Lindsay (new) - added it

Lindsay (linds0917) | 136 comments Haha, yeah that would be a big spoiler. From what I remember, though, from here on out there's quite a few differences so the rest of the series will probably have at least some surprises.

Gah, I've been so busy this week. I'm only about 1/4 in. At least I know everything that happens!

message 16: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments That is good to know that it starts taking some liberties.

are we talking series in this? or will there be one created for each book? or will this be moved to the buddy read to finish?

message 17: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Brandy wrote: "That is good to know that it starts taking some liberties.

are we talking series in this? or will there be one created for each book? or will this be moved to the buddy read to finish?"

What do you think is easiest?

message 18: by Brandy (new) - added it

Brandy | 2535 comments not really sure. I think either use this or make it buddy read. I think doing the single book at a time means libraries have to cooperate, and they don't like to.

message 19: by Sara, The Meme Mod! (last edited May 11, 2018 04:48PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sara | 3892 comments Mod
Made a buddy read for anyone who wants to continue the series!

Sookie Stackhouse Series