Addicted to YA discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Books of the Month > June 2018 - Theme: Carnival/Circus

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited May 01, 2018 06:30AM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5323 comments Mod
This topic is for the theme suggestions. Each person can suggest one book for this category. If you suggest more than one book only your first suggestion will count. Authors can't suggest their own book. Any book that was suggested by its author will not be counted.

The theme is Carnival/Circus

To suggest a book please put the title and the author. And remember the book must be be YA! New Adult and Adult books will not be accepted.

Also a little reminder to everyone. This is not where you vote. This is where you make suggestions for the poll. Suggestions will close May 8th!

Don't forget to suggest something for the Stand Alone suggestion and Series suggestion.

The suggestions also can't be something we've already read and they have to be young adult because we are a young adult group! To see what we've read and haven't read go to the books we've read topic. If you are new I strongly suggest this!

message 2: by Erika, Dream Thief (last edited May 08, 2018 07:18AM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) | 5323 comments Mod
The Suggestions
Wonder Show by Hannah Barnaby Wonder Show by Hannah Barnaby
Menagerie (Menagerie, #1) by Rachel Vincent Menagerie by Rachel Vincent
A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak, #1) by Darren Shan A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan
The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) by Lemony Snicket The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket
By a Charm and a Curse by Jaime Questell By a Charm and a Curse by Jaime Questell
Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber Legendary by Stephanie Garber
Born of Illusion (Born of Illusion, #1) by Teri Brown Born of Illusion by Teri Brown

message 5: by Hanya (last edited May 02, 2018 08:15AM) (new)

Umairah (Sereadipity) (sereadipity) THE NIGHT CIRCUS!!!!!!!

message 7: by katherine (new)

katherine (anonymous_penguin) | 72 comments can we do a continuation of a series? I know Legendary by Stephanie Garber comes out this month on May 29 and it's the sequel to Caraval. And since we've already read Caraval we can read this....? Or does it have to be a stand alone?

message 8: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 128 comments The Night Circus

message 9: by Maraya21 (new)

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) | 89 comments I nominate this
Menagerie (Menagerie, #1) by Rachel Vincent Menagerie (Menagerie #1) by Rachel Vincent

message 10: by Emily W. (last edited May 03, 2018 08:02AM) (new)

Emily W. | 8 comments Katherine wrote: "can we do a continuation of a series? I know Legendary by Stephanie Garber comes out this month on May 29 and it's the sequel to Caraval. And since we've already read Caraval we can..."

Well I don't think it has to be a standalone, I think it just has to follow this theme. And you're right Legendary doesn't come out until May 29. Maybe you can suggest it for next months series suggestion.

message 11: by Charis (last edited May 05, 2018 09:36AM) (new)

Charis | 4 comments A Living Nightmare (Cirque Du Freak, #1) by Darren Shan A Living Nightmare
A Living Nightmare by Darren Shan. It's also known as Cirque Du Freak. There was a movie adaptation, but it wasn't true to the book. This was compulsory reading in school when I was 13. This should make for a good read.

message 12: by Dana (new)

Dana Cristiana (silvermoon1923) | 83 comments The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events, #1) by Lemony Snicket by Lemony Snicket.

It says on GoodReads that this is too a young adult book among other genres.

message 13: by Jacinda (new)

Jacinda Mejia (aturningpage_) | 21 comments I read this book a while ago, but I really liked Wonder Show by Hannah Barnaby ;)

message 14: by Janett (new)

Janett (sweetwaterspice) | 6032 comments I recommend:
The Night Circus
The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.