Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes 2017-2018 > Happy news!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (spirolim) | 178 comments I'm haven't been around lately, and I'm sorry about that, but I have happy news!

I going to have a baby!!!!!!

Yep, 12 weeks into my pregnancy, and so far everything looks good! The baby is due November 12th. We've had one ultrasound already, where I got to see my baby "dance the salsa" (it's wriggling around like a little dancer already), and I'm anxiously waiting to hear the heartbeat in two weeks.

I'm feeling fine now. The evening nausea seems to have passed for the most part, but now my clothes don't fit, and my belly's starting to feel a little stretched. My body's changing and I love every minute of it!

Another bookworm is in the works!

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments That’s great news! Congratulations! I loved pregnancy and childbirth.

message 3: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9341 comments Lisa, so happy for your news! What a miracle and a blessing! Enjoy every minute. It’s an incredibly sacred time. I also loved being pregnant, and like Susie had an easy childbirth. Don’t listen to negative stories. It’s OK to be a woman who enjoys this all the way through. Also OK If you find yourself with blues, fears, and anxieties. Either way, I have a feeling you can count on not just me but our entire group to be there for you the whole way through. Congratulations!

message 4: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1612 comments Congratulations!

message 5: by DianeMP (new)

DianeMP | 452 comments That's terrific, Lisa! Congratulations!!

message 6: by Tracy (new)

Tracy (tstan) | 1237 comments Congratulations!

message 7: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments Congrats. I wish you a wonderful pregnancy and a healthy birth and baby.

I agree with Amy. For some reason, other women, especially the ones that had difficult pregnancies and births, love to tell you horror stories that would worry and scare my wife It got to the point I had to cut people off telling then, "Don't tell us that, we don't want to hear it." On top of that, my wife did have a troublesome first pregnancy (wonderful second)

message 8: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6853 comments Congratulations!

message 9: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (spirolim) | 178 comments Jason wrote: "Congrats. I wish you a wonderful pregnancy and a healthy birth and baby.

I agree with Amy. For some reason, other women, especially the ones that had difficult pregnancies and births, love to tel..."

Yeah, I've already gotten a couple of those, including one woman who said she nearly died while giving birth, and another who told me that I should have people use sanitizer around my baby because she knew someone whose baby died because it got kissed by a person who had menigitis. Lovely.

To be honest, I'm not too worried about the overall pregnancy; my mom had an easy time of it, and I seem to be following in her footsteps. Plus, I have a general, vague idea of the pain of labor (due to my miscarriage last year), so that part's not as scary as I used to think.

Nah, my main concern right now is the heartbeat. The appointment when I hear it isn't for another two weeks, and I really want to hear it now so that I know everything is still ok. I can't help but be a little paranoid (once again, thanks to my miscarriage), but for the most part I think everything's alright, so I'm going to trust my gut for now (literally-- my gut is no longer going flat when I lie on my back) and say, "things are good!"

message 10: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 3106 comments Congratulations! Enjoy every moment.

About that heartbeat... maybe you shouldn't drive yourself to that appointment. I drove through a red light after that visit during my second pregnancy. Fortunately the cop who pulled me over was a very nice guy.

message 11: by Ellen (new)

Ellen | 2316 comments Wonderful news, Lisa! Congratulations to you and Daddy.

message 12: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Congratulations, Lisa! What wonderful news and we cannot wait to "meet" the new little bookworm in November!

I just love babies....

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Congratulations, children are a wonderful gift.

message 14: by KateNZ (new)

KateNZ | 2666 comments That’s fabulous news, Lisa! Hugs and excitement from New Zealand - too far to bring the baby for a cuddle in due course? 😉

message 15: by Magdalena (new)

Magdalena | 414 comments Congratulations I think pregnancy and birth are such amazing things!

message 16: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5155 comments Congratulations Lisa, such wonderful news!

message 17: by Olivermagnus (new)

Olivermagnus (lynda214) | 2331 comments Congratulations on your wonderful news!

message 18: by Cynda (new)

Cynda  (cynda) Lisa how wonderful. Congratulations!

Tessa (FutureAuthor23) | 229 comments So so happy for you! Thanks for sharing such happy news with us. Here's to a healthy pregnancy and birth!

message 20: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6389 comments Congratulations, Lisa and Lisa's hubby! What wonderful news. Looking forward to seeing pictures of your new "edition" come November.

message 21: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6734 comments Fantastic news!!! Thank you for sharing . . .so excited for you.

message 22: by Kelly (new)

Kelly | 848 comments Congratulations Lisa!

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Congratulations! Children are wonderful. I loved pregnancy and all the changes. Its such a great time in life. I wish you the best.

message 24: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2299 comments CONGRATULATIONS! I loved the whole process, being part of the miracle was wonderful. Now my sons are grown and i adore being a grandmother (Nana). May you have a smooth, joyful and succesful pregnancy and a healthy baby as a result!

message 25: by Karin (last edited May 15, 2018 01:15PM) (new)

Karin | 7465 comments Congratulations! My mother LOVED being pregnant and sailed through everyone of them. You are relatively young, too, at a great age for having a baby :).

My only advice is to choose a very select few people to get advice from and take everything else with a grain of salt. If you find you need different advice, you'll know :).

message 26: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (spirolim) | 178 comments Thanks everyone!

A little update on what's going on: I've had my second appointment with my OB/GYN, where my husband and I got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time. Such a cool sound!

Now I get to look forward to feeling my baby kick in a couple of weeks! Although....I can't be sure....but I might have felt a little something yesterday. At 14 weeks it's probably too early, but it felt like a little popcorn kernel popping. Ah well, I'll know for sure in few weeks :)

message 27: by Cynda (new)

Cynda  (cynda) Lisa wrote: "Thanks everyone!

A little update on what's going on: I've had my second appointment with my OB/GYN, where my husband and I got to hear our baby's heartbeat for the first time. Such a cool sound!

..."

Thank you for sharing your special time with us Lisa 🌻 What a gift for you two to experience and for me to remember.

message 28: by Elise (new)

Elise (ellinou) Congratulations! :D

message 29: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments So exciting!!! Congrats Lisa!!

message 30: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Lin | 49 comments Congratulations!!

message 31: by Karin (last edited May 17, 2018 06:42PM) (new)

Karin | 7465 comments Lisa wrote: "Thanks everyone!

..."

Exciting, isn't it?

With second and later pregnancies, there are women who can feel their babies kick as early as about 13 weeks.

message 32: by Amy (new)

Amy | 9341 comments Oh there is nothing in the world like the sound of your baby’s heartbeat and Feeling your little one move and kick. Enjoy every sacred moment of this experience. It’s pretty amazing all the way through.