Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > May Purchases 2018

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joseph (new)

Joseph  (bluemanticore) | 1866 comments Mod
Happy Mayday all! Share your May book buys here.

message 2: by Betsy (new)

Betsy I received WAR TO THE DEATH, which is about the sieges of Saragossa, by Raymond Rudorff.

message 3: by Joseph (new)

My first book of May: The World of All Souls A Complete Guide to A Discovery of Witches, Shadow of Night, and the Book of Life by Deborah Harkness .

message 6: by Joseph (new)

Melissa wrote: "Cinnamon and GunpowderCinnamon and Gunpowder by Eli Brown"
I say read this one first. I loved it, gave it a 5-star rating. One of the best pirate stories I've ever read, told in the same style as those other pirate/sea story greats known as Treasure Island and Gulliver's Travels, but with its own unique bits and pieces. A great combo of adventure, historical fiction, and romance with wonderful, unique characters that you will not want to put it down until you finish it.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa | 363 comments Joseph wrote: "Melissa wrote: "Cinnamon and GunpowderCinnamon and Gunpowder by Eli Brown"
I say read this one first. I loved it, gave it a 5-star rating. One of the best pirate stories I'v..."

I am going to move this up on my TBR stack!

message 11: by Charles (new)

Charles (cbloky) | 49 comments [Hereditary witchcraft : secrets of the old religion : drawn from old family texts and oral teachings]
Today

[Healing herbal teas : learn to blend 101 specially formulated teas, stress management, common ailments, seasonal health, immune support]

message 12: by Charles (new)

Charles (cbloky) | 49 comments hit a library book sale today picked up
Icebound, Lightning and What the Night knows by Dean Koontz
Smoke and Mirrors by Neil Gaiman
Red Prophet by Orson Scott Card
U2 by U2
The Hammer of Thor by Riordan
Spider Bones, 206 Bones, and Flash and Bones by Kathy Reichs

message 14: by Cammie (last edited Jun 04, 2018 06:11PM) (new)

Cammie | 108 comments My May purchases

Temptation Ridge (Virgin River, #6) by Robyn Carr Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow Loyalty in Death (In Death, #9) by J.D. Robb Paradise Valley (Virgin River, #7) by Robyn Carr Forbidden Falls (Virgin River, #8) by Robyn Carr Angel's Peak (Virgin River, #9) by Robyn Carr 'Tis the Season (Virgin River, #7.5 & 10.5) by Robyn Carr The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater The Selection (The Selection, #1) by Kiera Cass The Best Yes Making Wise Decisions in the Midst of Endless Demands by Lysa TerKeurst Black Rose (In the Garden, #2) by Nora Roberts Moonlight Road (Virgin River, #10) by Robyn Carr Promise Canyon (Virgin River, #11) by Robyn Carr Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #12) by Robyn Carr The Newcomer (Thunder Point, #2) by Robyn Carr Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #13) by Robyn Carr Bring Me Home for Christmas (Virgin River, #14) by Robyn Carr Hidden Summit (Virgin River, #15) by Robyn Carr The Witches of New York A Novel by Ami McKay Whiskey Beach by Nora Roberts The Choice by Nicholas Sparks Sisters First Stories from Our Wild and Wonderful Life by Jenna Bush Hager Yellow Crocus by Laila Ibrahim Sweet Tea and Sympathy (Southern Eclectic, #1) by Molly Harper The Beautiful Word Devotional Bringing the Goodness of Scripture to Life in Your Heart by Anonymous Redwood Bend (Virgin River, #16) by Robyn Carr Sunrise Point (Virgin River, #17) by Robyn Carr My Kind of Christmas (Virgin River, #18) by Robyn Carr Deep in the Valley (Grace Valley Trilogy, #1) by Robyn Carr The Hero (Thunder Point, #3) by Robyn Carr

audiobooks - 27
ebooks - 2
Hardcover - 1