Play Book Tag discussion

The Great Alone
This topic is about The Great Alone
May 2018: Family Drama > The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9334 comments Family Drama at its finest!

5 stars from me too!

Alaska is gorgeous and beautiful, but haunting and dark. Its a place to cozy in an settle within a community, but also dangers loom just beyond the next point. That is the exact description of reading this book. It takes you in mesmerizingly. Another great Kristin Hannah read, and likely a top ten contender for the year.

message 2: by Nicole (new) - added it

Nicole | 430 comments Very interesting! I feel like the last review I saw for this one was only 3 Stars. Seems like this one is getting mixed reviews.

message 3: by Amy (new) - rated it 5 stars

Amy | 9334 comments I have only seen races for this one! I would think the review you read was an outlier.

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments Nicole wrote: "Very interesting! I feel like the last review I saw for this one was only 3 Stars. Seems like this one is getting mixed reviews."

I have seen some mixed reviews as well, Nicole. I gave it a 4 but had mixed feelings about parts of it.

I think it was Nicole D who really did not like it.

Maybe it is just a Nicole thing ;)

message 5: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3834 comments Man. This book has gone on and off the TBR- I think it will fit my listopia "Disturibing book". Back onto the TBR It goes.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I’ve got this on my TBR! I really love her books and her writing style. I’ll be reading this soon I hope.

annapi | 5153 comments I'm not loving the darkness that others have mentioned is in this book, but I really need to read this for Jen's March Madness, so I guess this month's tag is a good excuse!

message 8: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2097 comments I want to read this book. I will get to it eventually.

Ladyslott | 1880 comments Amy wrote: "I have only seen races for this one! I would think the review you read was an outlier."

Sorry, I didn't love it and I am not an outlier. I rated it 4 stars (barely). The darkness that permeated this book was so disturbing to read it made reading this a bit of a chore.