Romance Audiobooks discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > May Romance Listening

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (last edited May 01, 2018 03:19AM) (new)

Samantha | 2027 comments Mod
May has arrived. Share with us what romance you are listening to.

message 2: by Samantha (new)

I am listening to Marriage Games Marriage Games (The Games Duet, #1) by C.D. Reiss . I had to put my non-romance down for a minute as I was not interested at the moment.

message 3: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments Samantha wrote: "I am listening to Marriage Games. I had to put my non-romance down for a minute as I was not interested at the moment."

I have Marriage Games in my TBR pile. Let us know what you think about the story and narration, I hope it's good.

I'm still on the Virgin River train, currently listening to Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #12) by Robyn Carr Wild Man Creek. I'm so grateful this series is available with the Audible romance package, its definitely made the subscription worth it for me.

message 4: by Samantha (new)

So far I like the narration, KathyB.

message 5: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 151 comments Kathy B- I'm listening to the Virgin River series too! I am not as far in- I just finished book 4. Having it available through the romance package is amazing- I might not have read this series otherwise. I also really like the narrator.

message 6: by Samantha (new)

Happy to see you here, Michaele.

message 7: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 151 comments :)

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 496 comments I've just started listening to The Marriage List by Dorothy McFalls The Marriage List

message 9: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments Finished Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #12) by Robyn Carr Wild Man Creek and Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #13) by Robyn Carr Harvest Moon by Robyn Carr. I enjoyed both stories, but especially liked Wild Man Creek.

Currently listening to Gentle Warrior (Tapestry Romance) by Julie Garwood Gentle Warrior by Julie Garwood.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 4713 comments Mod
KathyB wrote: "Finished Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #12) by Robyn Carr Wild Man Creek and Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #13) by Robyn CarrHarvest Moon by Robyn Carr. I enjoyed both stories, but especially liked..."

I think Wild Man Creek is my favorite in the whole series.

message 11: by Michaele (new)

Michaele | 151 comments Jonetta wrote: "KathyB wrote: "Finished Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #12) by Robyn Carr Wild Man Creek and Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #13) by Robyn CarrHarvest Moon by Robyn Carr. I enjoyed both stories, but e..."

I'll look forward to it! I'm still pretty early in the series.

message 12: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments Jonetta wrote: "KathyB wrote: "Finished Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #12) by Robyn Carr Wild Man Creek and Harvest Moon (Virgin River, #13) by Robyn CarrHarvest Moon by Robyn Carr. I enjoyed both stories, but e..."

I really liked the heroine in Wild Man Creek (Virgin River, #12) by Robyn Carr and the romance was great. I also enjoyed the plot about the organic gardening.

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Ditto to everything you said!

message 14: by Samantha (new)

I haven't listen to a Julie Garwood historicals book despite me reading all of her historicals. I loved them so much.

message 15: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments Samantha wrote: "I haven't listen to a Julie Garwood historicals book despite me reading all of her historicals. I loved them so much."

I read all of her historical novels too, many years ago. This is my first time listening to one of her books, so far it's okay. Not as enjoyable as I remember, but not bad.

message 16: by Samantha (new)

Do you think it's because you are listening? Every few years, I go back and read the historicals and still love them.

message 17: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Lethal Lies by Rebecca Zanetti, Blood Brothers #2, and was completely turned off by the narrator. I’ll be reading the last book in the series. Here’s my review.
Lethal Lies (Blood Brothers, #2) by Rebecca Zanetti

message 18: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments Samantha wrote: "Do you think it's because you are listening? Every few years, I go back and read the historicals and still love them."

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the narration, I think that's the issue. I grew up reading historical romance, so I like to revisit once in a while. Most of these oldies I read over 25 years ago, I barely remember the stories. It's fun seeing if they hold up, most that I've reread/or listened to are still fantastic.

After reviewing my Goodreads shelves, I have listened to a few Julie Garwood audiobooks and enjoyed them. The narrator is different for this series so I'll probably pass on listening to Anne Flosnik in the future. I think I'll pick up an old paperback instead, remember the good old days!

message 19: by Samantha (new)

Jonetta wrote: "I finished listening to Lethal Lies by Rebecca Zanetti, Blood Brothers #2, and was completely turned off by the narrator. I’ll be reading the last book in the serie..."

Sorry that you had a bad experience by the narrator.

message 20: by Samantha (new)

KathyB wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Do you think it's because you are listening? Every few years, I go back and read the historicals and still love them."

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the narration, I think that's th..."

Well at least you can identify the issue. Sometimes we can't change the reading format.

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Samantha wrote: "Sorry that you had a bad experience by the narrator. ..."

Thanks. That’s rare for me.

message 22: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments KathyB wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Do you think it's because you are listening? Every few years, I go back and read the historicals and still love them."

Yeah, I'm not thrilled with the narration, I think that's th..."

A few years ago I started re-read in audio several authors and series I previously read in paper. Julie Garwood is one of those. There is variation in the quality of the audio versions.

message 23: by Tiam (new)

Tiam O | 9 comments I'm listening to the Irresistible series by Stella Rhys
Currently I'm on Dirty Deeds

So far so good!

message 24: by Samantha (new)

Listening to Coming in from the Cold Coming in from the Cold (Gravity, #1) by Sarina Bowen

message 25: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I finished Gentle Warrior (Tapestry Romance) by Julie Garwood Gentle Warrior and 'Tis The Season 'Tis The Season (Virgin River, #7.5 & 10.5) by Robyn Carr (2 novellas) by Robyn Carr.

I'm now listening to Two Steps Forward by Graeme Simsion Two Steps Forward by Graeme Simsion. Since I loved The Rosie Project I'm hoping this story has some of the same charm.

message 26: by hammerpixie (new)

hammerpixie | 73 comments Just finished Lauren Blakely's

Come As You Are by Lauren Blakely
Come As You Are

Sticks to the formula, but better than some others in that particular lane.

Romance - meh.
Characters - not overly developed but likable.
Plot - SOSO (same old, same old)

message 27: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Devil's Cut by J.R. Ward, The Bourbon Kings #3.
Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3) by J.R. Ward

message 28: by KathyB (new)

KathyB  (kathybrown) | 721 comments I finished Two Steps Forward and liked it. There is a little romance, but would consider it contemporary fiction.

I'm now listening to Rock Chick Regret (Rock Chick, #7) by Kristen Ashley Rock Chick Regret by Kristen Ashley. I love the narrator for this series, Susannah Jones does a fantastic job with the large cast of characters.

message 29: by Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 (last edited May 17, 2018 04:10PM) (new)

message 30: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Devil's Cut by J.R. Ward, The Bourbon Kings Trilogy #3, and loved the whole experience of this series. Here’s my review.
Devil's Cut (The Bourbon Kings, #3) by J.R. Ward

message 31: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 142 comments Just listened to Over Us, Over You by Whitney G. Over Us, Over You. Actively disliked the spoiled, privledged heroine. 2 stars.

message 32: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Melanie♥ wrote: "Just listened to Over Us, Over You by Whitney G.Over Us, Over You. Actively disliked the spoiled, privledged heroine. 2 stars."

Thanks. I've run into that too often recently with some of them also acting like angst driven teens instead of adults.
If book is in a series I drop the audio in favor of the ebook and scan read to keep up with the story arc.

message 33: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 142 comments L J wrote: "Melanie♥ wrote: "Just listened to Over Us, Over You by Whitney G.Over Us, Over You. Actively disliked the spoiled, privledged heroine. 2 stars."

Thanks. I've run into that t..."

This heroine used the money her brother sent her for college tuition to start a business because she thought she didn't need business school. Her business failed. The brother hired her on at his firm and she had excuse after excuse for not showing up and missing meetings. GRRR!

message 34: by Jonetta (new)

Melanie♥ wrote: "This heroine used the money her brother sent her for college tuition to start a business because she thought she didn't need business school. Her business failed. The brother hired her on at his firm and she had excuse after excuse for not showing up and missing meetings. GRRR! ..."

I’m surprised you were able to finish this.

message 35: by Melanie♥ (new)

Melanie♥ (meliaann) | 142 comments I will admit to fast forwarding and increasing the playback speed!

message 36: by Jonetta (new)

Lol! Smart woman.

message 37: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Lynsay Sands' Twice Bitten had everything I look forward to in Argeneau books, suspense, humor, and interesting characters. Several books back I almost quit reading the series when it was book after book of pages and pages of "lifemate sex" but, before I gave up on them, she came back to what had me reading them in the first place. I don't recall previously listening to Charlotte North but she did a good job. The Argeneau novels with the variety of names and accents plus the group scenes are not easy to narrate.

message 38: by Jonetta (new)

I’m listening to Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren.
Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren

Debby*🐝BabyDee🐝 | 496 comments I finished my listening to The Hellion (Wicked Wallflowers, #1) by Christi Caldwell The Hellion
My review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I think this should have been a part of the previsous series. Fell a little flat for me but the narration by Tim Campbell was very good.

Denise ~The Procrastinating Book Diva~ (procrastinating_bookdiva) | 17 comments Currently listening to Miss Fix-It by Emma Hart ...really enjoying it. The narrator is new to me - Elizabeth Hart - but the longer I listen the more she sounds like Callie Dalton (Wall of Winnipeg). Does anyone know if this is her pseudonym?

message 41: by Jonetta (new)

I’m not familiar with either.

message 42: by Jonetta (new)

I finished listening to Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren and absolutely loved it! Here’s my review.

I’m listening to Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts.
Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren Shelter in Place by Nora Roberts

message 43: by L J (new)

L J | 377 comments Read J.S. Scott's Only a Millionaire, the last of this group of Sinclairs, at the end of April so for May, among other things, I listened to and re-read The Sinclairs starting with The Billionaire's Christmas. They are audio and ebook combinations available from Kindle Unlimited so I didn't even try to resist. The Billionaire's Christmas has become an every Christmas book for me. Grady is the most unbeastly beast ever.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.