What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Really Awesome Mess
This topic is about A Really Awesome Mess
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA novel about adopted girl in psychiatric hospital. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by olivia (new)

olivia | 5 comments I am trying to find the title of a YA novel I read recently (past 2-3 years). It was about a girl who had been adopted from some country in Asia as a baby (pretty sure it was Korea) into the United States. She felt she never fit in with her Caucasian family. As a teenager she is admitted into a psychiatric hospital for depression and/or self harm. The novel discusses her experience and initial distaste for the hospital however it becomes more bearable as she meets and connects with other patients. From what I remember, the cover was yellow or mostly yellow. I believe it was written by a man.

message 2: by Rosa (new)

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5235 comments I don’t recall the main character being adopted or Asian, but the rest of your description reminds me of Get Well Soon.

message 3: by olivia (last edited May 01, 2018 03:31AM) (new)

olivia | 5 comments Rosa wrote: "I don’t recall the main character being adopted or Asian, but the rest of your description reminds me of Get Well Soon."

It isn't that book, but thank you for your reply! I did enjoy Get Well Soon quite a lot as well.

message 5: by olivia (new)

olivia | 5 comments Rainbowheart wrote: "A Really Awesome Mess"

yes that is the one! thank you so much :)

message 6: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21510 comments You're welcome, glad to help. :)