Book Club Selection > May 2018 Value Read - Scared to Death, by Rachel Amphlett

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Gooch | 4090 comments Mod
Scared to Death, by Rachel Amphlett

"A serial killer murdering for kicks.

A detective seeking revenge.

When the body of a snatched schoolgirl is found in an abandoned biosciences building, the case is first treated as a kidnapping gone wrong.

But Detective Kay Hunter isn’t convinced, especially when a man is found dead with the ransom money still in his possession.

When a second schoolgirl is taken, Kay’s worst fears are realised.

With her career in jeopardy and desperate to conceal a disturbing secret, Kay’s hunt for the killer becomes a race against time before he claims another life.

For the killer, the game has only just begun…"

Discussion Leader - David Gooch
Link to Book - https://amzn.to/2vNR75T

message 2: by David (new)

Ok for those interested the author has a webpage which gives info on her books, news etc.
It can be found at https://www.rachelamphlett.com/

message 3: by David (new)

I have my copy of the book and will be reading it as my next book.

It is still currently £1.99 on Kindle just use link above.

message 4: by AngryGreyCat (new)

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 565 comments Just ordered my copy. Looks good!

message 5: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 617 comments Have just started this one. At chapter 10 and iPad needs to recharge and I wasn't upset that I had to put it down. So far it hasn't grabbed me; but on the other hand, I have not hit the delete button.

message 6: by Erunyauve (new)

Erunyauve | 168 comments I actually read this by accident last month - it was suggested by Amazon, and I forgot that it was one of our May nominees. I'm just waiting for everyone to catch up.

message 7: by Bill (new)

Bill Kupersmith | 590 comments Mod
On chapter 9 & finding it an excellent procedural.

message 8: by Beth (new)

Beth Stewart | 617 comments I agree with Bill; it is excellent with regards to police procedures. After that, it slides downhill for me. I pr for mysteries where the guilty party is not identified early on. I found this book very "flat" on that there were no chapters of thrill or excitement or mystery. It was simply "first they did this, then they did that, and finally they got the bad guy". I didn't get much feel for the characters, either.

message 9: by Bill (new)

Bill Kupersmith | 590 comments Mod
Sorry, accidentally deleted a post by another reader trying to delete one I intended for the spoiler section. Please don't hate me. Couldn't figure out how to undo my error. My post is in the Spoiler section now.