ADHD Book Club discussion

Reading challenge > Book recommendations for easy reading

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anna (new)

Anna (annibunni) | 6 comments So since some of you said that you have difficulty reading through a book, this would be the perfect opportunity to recommend some easy reading to each other.

My recommendation would be Going Postal by Terry Pratchett. It doesn't matter that it's #33 in the Disc World series, they only exist in the same universe and are not continuous.
It's not too long, it's incredibly funny and I think it's a great entry into Terry Pratchett's work. The Disc World is heavy fantasy, but this particular book doesn't use much of it.
The second book with the same protagonist would be Making Money.

message 2: by Tyler (new)

Tyler | 1 comments This is awesome. I always want to start reading his stuff, but it's all very overwhelming. I never know where to start.

message 3: by Valentino (new)

Valentino | 9 comments How many books are in the series?

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah B | 6 comments For easy reading, I'd recommend the Iron Druid Chronicles by Kevin Hearne. The first book is called Hounded. It's a series of urban fantasy novels, so there are good fantasy topics and good modern jokes as well. They move very quickly, so it's easy to get into them.

message 5: by Valentino (new)

Valentino | 9 comments Druid Chronicles, does it read to fast? Or go at a rate that is hard to remember key details?