Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Birthdays > May Birthdays LIH 2018

Comments Showing 1-50 of 98 (98 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Melinda (last edited May 19, 2018 05:08PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Well the beginning of another month. Hopefully May will bring nice flowers and reasonable temperatures but no matter what, we have birthdays to celebrate.
The following is the list of birthdays that I have:
May birthdays...

May 9 Lacy Williams
May 11 Robin
May 12 Stacy Henrie and Lorie
May 14 Arlene James
May 15 Michele and Naomi
May 16 Cheryl Wolverton
May 19 Debbie Kaufman ,Anniversary - Kathleen E !
May 20 Jenn
May 21 Maryann
May 22 Dorothy Clark
May 25 Barbara
May 27 Linda Hall
May 29 Mary E
May 30 Kathleen E.

We have some time before the first birthday of the month which is on May 9. If you have a birthday or know of one that we should add let us know. I will be back to set up unless some else does on the 8th.

message 2: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments REMINDER that we have a Q & A for the week starting on Monday, May 7. Hope you can come.

message 3: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments You can add my name to your list, Melinda. My birthday is the 22nd.

message 4: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy wrote: "You can add my name to your list, Melinda. My birthday is the 22nd."

Thanks, I will

message 5: by Maryann (new)

Maryann Skaritka | 8 comments My birthday is May 21st. Thanks for adding me to the list.

message 6: by Robin (new)

Robin | 1 comments Mine is the 11th ...

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Thanks, Maryann, and Robin. Your birthdays are added.

message 8: by Kathleen E. (new)

Kathleen E. (lanehillhouse) Hi everyone! My birthday is May 30, the real Memorial Day! When I was a little girl and we walked in the parade holding our little flags, I was certain this special day was just for me. Kathleen ~ Lane Hill House

message 9: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Farrington Wow! This will be an entire month of celebrating! Prayers and blessings to all of our May ladies!

message 10: by Shannon (new)

Shannon Farrington Kathleen E. wrote: "Hi everyone! My birthday is May 30, the real Memorial Day! When I was a little girl and we walked in the parade holding our little flags, I was certain this special day was just for me. Kathleen ~ ..."

Love it!!!!

message 11: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Kathleen E. wrote: "Hi everyone! My birthday is May 30, the real Memorial Day! When I was a little girl and we walked in the parade holding our little flags, I was certain this special day was just for me. Kathleen ~ ..."

Added to the list. Thanks

message 12: by Melinda (last edited May 07, 2018 11:52AM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Stopping by to get ready for our first birthday on Wednesday, May 9. I have decided to hang the banners in colorful array of yellow-golden and deep browns, our tables are a mixture of each on the tablecloths. The yellow and browns on the table cloths will just emphasize all of the pretty flowers. Do you have a favorite one. I like the daisies.

All of the different ice teas- with sugar ,without sugar, regular , decf, etc. are in the icebox. I have put the hit tea pot and the two coffee pots on the timer so it will be ready when you all get here. I have lemonade in the icebox and milk as well .

message 13: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Birthday , Lacy!

I brought Danishes from a local bakery who makes them fresh everyday. There are cheese, blueberry, pineapple, strawberry, peach and apricot filled Danish.
Hope you do something special with your family, Lacy! Hope your weather is pretty. It is warm and sunny here in Mississippi.

message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy Birthday, Lacy! Hope you had a good day!

message 15: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments I am going to add banners for Robin's birthday tomorrow May 11. Hanging our banners in orange and yellow . We have several birthdays coming up so plenty of food to taste and enjoy. I am putting a Lemon meringue pie on the table. the tables have yellow and orange tablecloths with flowers on them .

Happy Birthday , Robin!

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Robin! I will bring some pitchers of Orange Julius to add to your celebration!

message 17: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Lacy and Robin!

message 18: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday, Lacy and Robin! Spring is only now getting a foothold here in WNY, so I have a yard full of spring flowers. I'm bringing bouquets of what my mom called Jonquills. They are a type of daffodil only they have an orange trumpet.

Melinda, lemon meringue is my favorite pie! Thank you for making one! It's delicious!

message 19: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Dorothy, I always wondered what jonquils were. Now I know!

message 20: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Dorothy,
Jonquills are so pretty. Thanks for sharing from your yard.

message 21: by Kathleen E. (new)

Kathleen E. (lanehillhouse) Happy Birthday song to you, Lacy, Robin, Stacy, and Lorie!!

message 22: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Our next birthday is tomorrow Sat, May 12.We have two .
Happy Birthday Stacy Henrie and Lorie !
I am adding a green banner to go with what we have,
! I will get the coffee going and the hot water for tea. I have bought homemade cinnamon rolls . Some with icing and some without. We have any type of tea, ladies. I put water in the refrigerator to get cold and milk.

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Stacy and Lorie! I've added some blueberry scones to the table.

message 24: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday, Stacy Henrie and Lorie! I brought some green candles in crystal candlesticks tied with a green and white polka-dot ribbon for the tables. It's rainy and overcast here so I thought the cheering warmth of the candlelight might be welcome.

I brought an angel food cake with fresh sliced strawberries to add to the yummies. Now, I'm going to make a good hot cup of tea! The coffee smells SOOOO good, but I have never developed a taste for it. :-(

message 25: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Stacie and Lorie!

message 26: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy birthday to all birthdays I have missed. I am bringing an Ice cream station with all the fixtures to go with it.

message 27: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments We have three birthdays in the next three days so I think that I will straighten up and we can celebrate all three.
I have refreshed the drinks and put the timers on the hot drinks -coffeepots and pot that we use for hot water.

I am adding a peach color banner. I have changed the tablecloths to peach with flowers on them, I have put all of the food back on the tables.

I am putting a blueberry pie that is made from blueberry puree with cream cheese and cool whip. It has a graham cracker crust.Our next three birthdays are
May 14 Arlene James
May 15 Michele and Naomi
May 16 Cheryl Wolverton

message 28: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Ausjenny wrote: "Happy birthday to all birthdays I have missed. I am bringing an Ice cream station with all the fixtures to go with it."

Jenny,
The ice cream station is a great idea. I am enjoying some. So many toppings that I may need a second helping to try some different ones.

message 29: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments May 14- Happy Birthday Arlene James
May 15 - Happy birthday Michele and Naomi !
May 16 - Happy Birthday Cheryl Wolverton !

Hope you all have a special day planned. Enjoy your birthdays.

message 30: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Arlene, Michele, Naomi, and Cheryl! Hope you all have fabulous days.

message 31: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday, Arlene, Michele, Naomi and Cheryl. I hope your days were fun and special!

I've picked up all the candlesticks to bring home. We won't be needing them now that summer is here!

Love the ice cream station, Jenny! I"m being very firm with myself and walking away. Two dishes are enough...

message 32: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Arlene, Michele, Naomi, and Cheryl!!!

message 33: by Melinda (last edited May 15, 2018 06:42PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Birthday,Michele and Naomi and Cheryl !
I have put a vegetable tray with different dips on the table.
Have a wonderful day! Michele and Naomi

message 34: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Oh, dear. I'm sorry to have missed so many birthdays.

Happy Birthday All May Babies!

message 35: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Andrea wrote: "Oh, dear. I'm sorry to have missed so many birthdays.

Happy Birthday All May Babies!"

Andrea wrote: "Oh, dear. I'm sorry to have missed so many birthdays.

Happy Birthday All May Babies!"

Andrea,
At least you made it. Hope you are feeling better. I am sure that the birthday ladies will be happy with wishes whenever they can get them.

message 36: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Busily hanging some banners in lavender and Lime green to with the ones already up. Refreshing all of the drinks. Coffee pots and the coffeepot we use for hot water are ready an on the timer so it will be fresh for everyone as you drop by. I am adding blueberry cupcakes with blue icing.

Happy Birthday, Debbie Kaufman !
Have a wonderful day! You can watch the Royal wedding and relax.

message 37: by MaryE (new)

MaryE Stifflemire | 499 comments Happy Birthday to All I have missed!!
And a Happy Birthday Debbie Kaufman!! I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

message 38: by Kathleen E. (new)

Kathleen E. (lanehillhouse) Sweet May birthdays ~ to all I have missed: Happy Birthday song to you, and to Debbie today!! And... our 34th wedding anniversary is today 5/19 ~ Matt is the best!! Kathleen

message 39: by Christine (new)

Christine Johnson | 1102 comments Happy birthday, Debbie.

And congratulations, Kathleen E!

message 40: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Debbie! Happy Anniversary, Kathleen!

message 41: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Debbie! Hope it's an awesome day!

message 42: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy Anniversary , Kathleen E !
Hope you and your Hubby haver something special planned.

message 43: by Melinda (last edited May 19, 2018 07:31PM) (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments We have three birthdays in the next three days. I will be in and out due to obligations and appointments so I do not wish to miss birthdays.
Hanging a mutli-color banner to go with the rest of the banners.
I have refreshed the drinks, filled the coffeepots and the coffeepot with water for tea on the timer.

I am adding a sour cream cake to the table.

The next three birthdays are:
May 20 Jenn
May 21 Maryann
May 22 Dorothy Clark

message 44: by Melinda (new)

Melinda M (researcher707) | 2554 comments Happy birthday Jenn, Maryann and Dorothy!
Hope you are doing something special to make your day extra special.

message 45: by Becky (new)

Becky Smith | 679 comments Happy, Happy Birthday, Jenn! I'm bringing chocolate covered strawberries!

message 46: by Valri (new)

Valri Western | 964 comments Happy Birthday, Jenn! I hope your day is fabulous!

message 47: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy Birthday Debbie. I hope your day was wonderful. And happy anniversary Kathleen E. I'm sorry I missed your being here yesterday.

message 48: by Dorothy (new)

Dorothy Clark | 1393 comments Happy birthday, Jenn! I hope your dearest wish comes true.

message 49: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 558 comments Happy Belated Birthday, Debbie!
Happy Birthday, Jenn!
Happy Early Birthday, Maryann!
Happy Early Birthday to you too Dorothy Clark!!!

I'm sorry to be missing so much this month. I've missed all of you. May seems to be severe headache month for me. Between the pollen explosion and people treating their yards with chemicals and the stores being full of those chemicals, I've been miserable. I've missed so many beautiful days.

message 50: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 4955 comments Happy Birthday, hope you have wonderful birthdays.
I am adding a triple layer chocolate mousse cake to the table.

« previous 1