The Book Thief The Book Thief discussion

Books with similar themed narrator - Death

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nadia Abo Khadour Hi readers,

I love Book thief and I have been looking for a book with a similar narrator type/ death theme.

I'm not really into the whole post death- what happens when you die type books,
but more so interesting perspectives on characters, another narrator telling another side.

The last book of the Divergent series, has Tris and Four as the narrators and it is interesting to now see the book in his eyes.

Anyone has anything i can read into ?

Nadia- Sydney, Australia.

Hope Hi, there's a few Terry Pratchet books featuring 'Death' as a character, sometimes as a narrator. It's quirky and interesting, and very entertaining. He deals with plots both sides of the actual act of dying. Enjoy!

Daniel Griffin Hope wrote: "Hi, there's a few Terry Pratchet books featuring 'Death' as a character, sometimes as a narrator. It's quirky and interesting, and very entertaining. He deals with plots both sides of the actual ac..."

Agreed - fantastic book series, manages to be funny and philosophical at the same time while still advancing the plot. Highly recommend. Favourites are Thief of Time, and Reaper Man.

Charis I myself am writing a book with Death as the narrator- other characters in the story include Life, Probability, Chance, Silence, etc., though there are human characters as well. If it turns out in the end, and I find a good publisher, I'd totally let you know!

Nadia Abo Khadour Charis wrote: "I myself am writing a book with Death as the narrator- other characters in the story include Life, Probability, Chance, Silence, etc., though there are human characters as well. If it turns out in ..."

I would love that :) :)

Nadia Abo Khadour DSM wrote: "Hope wrote: "Hi, there's a few Terry Pratchet books featuring 'Death' as a character, sometimes as a narrator. It's quirky and interesting, and very entertaining. He deals with plots both sides of ..."

Thanks guys :) i will go have a look at the author and his books :)