Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Shout It Out! Self- Promotions > Celebrating my 70th with a book sale.

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 84 comments Whoopee! I've made it to my fourescore years and ten!
So Happy days to everyone and for readers from
1 a.m. 25th of May to 1 a.m.29th of May all my novels in ebook form: 'Jacob's Justice', 'Tizzie', and 'Bittersweet', will be on sale for £1.99 pounds or $1.99 at Amazon and Smashwords and Kobo.

message 2: by D.J. (new)

D.J. Cooper | 1028 comments Happy birthday.

message 3: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 84 comments Ah! That's kind of you. Thank you.

Let's hope I manage another few writing years now I have time to write. I've stories queuing up to be told.

message 4: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1183 comments I think we're supposed to give you presents for a 70th! My birthday wish for you is 'time' so that you can enjoy tackling that queue in the head - I know the feeling.

message 5: by Carole (new)

Carole P. Roman | 4639 comments Mod
Happy Birthday!!! PDR!

message 6: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1764 comments P.D.R. wrote: "Whoopee! I've made it to my fourescore years and ten!
1 a.m. 25th of May to 1 a.m.29th of May all my novels in ebook form: 'Jacob's Justice', 'Tizzie'..."

Happy birthday!

message 7: by Judy (new)

Judy Martialay | 320 comments P.D.R. wrote: "Whoopee! I've made it to my fourescore years and ten!
1 a.m. 25th of May to 1 a.m.29th of May all my novels in ebook form: 'Jacob's Justice', 'Tizzie'..."

congratulations PDR on the 4 score and ten! Happy Birthday!

message 8: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 84 comments Big hug to you all.

Thank you for those kind wishes. With my offspring all far overseas it's really nice to have my writing colleagues send me best wishes, makes me feel less alone!

message 9: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1183 comments The good thing about cyber friends who belong to groups like Goodreads is that you never know when people are reading what you write and nod their head in agreement or shout 'Good for you, PDR'. I have done this with you, and I know others do this too.

message 10: by Carole (new)

lol. Funny, Anna!!

message 11: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1183 comments And I've now just shouted "Up with Carole!" More, more.

message 12: by Carole (new)

Thanks, Anna!!!

message 13: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 84 comments Yes, more and more please. We writers are not good at supporting each other and tend to let envy and jealousies spoil our communications when we ought to be cheering others on.

I still hear writers make rude comments about JK Rowling's successes, especially recently with her new TV series, whereas I say, One day I'll do that too! (If I get enough years and expertise at my writing skills!)

message 14: by Angel (new)

Angel | 722 comments Happy Birthday and many more years to come!

message 15: by Angel (new)

Angel | 722 comments Congrats, Carole to your success. Same to you PDR.

message 16: by Erica (new)

Erica Graham (erica_graham) | 1496 comments Mod
Wishing you a very happy birthday, P.D.R.!

message 17: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 84 comments Thank you!

Hugs all round.
p.d.r. lindsay

message 18: by Anna (new)

Anna Faversham (annafaversham) | 1183 comments PDR, I'm with you on the envy thing. I learnt when I was 15 just how much it can hurt and so I decided not to have that feeling. So I don't. If I ever feel that nasty thing creeping into my heart, I turn it around. I just don't allow my poor little self to suffer the pain. It can be done. I was about 15 when I felt it so badly that I knew I could not live like that, so it's better if you start young...!!!!!

I think we have quite a lot in this group who can genuinely share the joys and pains of others. A rarity!

message 19: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 84 comments With you all the way, Anna.

It's fairly natural to feel a pang of envy, but that's all it should be, a brief pang and then you smile and cheer the other on, because one day it might well be you making people feel a little envious and you know how you'd want people to react to your good news.

:) :) :)

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread