Library Scavenger Hunt discussion

BOOKS > MAY '18 - "Away"

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Frances (new)

Frances (nightjar-nal) | 132 comments Mod
Konnichi wa, minna-san! I am on holiday in Japan at the moment (as you might have guessed from the greeting), so this month's challenge will be to find a book with the word "away" in the title. Ganbatte!

As always:
1) Please feel free to use this thread for discussion, recommendations, and reviews.
2) Please also remember to add your book to the group bookshelf! You can do this on the group's main page by scrolling down to where it says "Bookshelf" at the bottom, and clicking on "Add Books".

Happy hunting!

message 2: by Tara (last edited May 20, 2018 08:58PM) (new)

Tara Million | 20 comments This challenge has taken me awhile to find a book for - I just couldn't settle on anything! I've finally decided to read Anna From Away, which is supposed to be a love story/mystery thriller. It's set in Cape Breton which should be interesting as I've never read a book with that location before.

Anna From Away by D.R. MacDonald

message 3: by Frances (new)

Frances (nightjar-nal) | 132 comments Mod
Slightly late, but I finally got my review finished for The One That Got Away by Melissa Pimentel. You can find it here! 😁

message 4: by Tara (new)

Tara Million | 20 comments I gave up on Anna From Away after about 30 pages. One of the main events that happened in the beginning of the book was a group of teenagers throwing a dog off a bridge and I just couldn't get past that. So I'll be moving on to the next challenge.