Young Adult Catholic Readers discussion

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diana (new)

Diana Ragsdale I must say that I love the fact that as one part of the case is cleared up, another part becomes even more mysterious. What do you think of the strange man who lives in the huts out on the moor? What could possibly be his intentions?

message 2: by Kelly Rose (new)

Kelly Rose | 60 comments It would be funny if the man living on the moor was a long lost caveman since the huts were inhabited by prehistoric man. I know it's too crazy to be so, but I like to imagine it still.

I just find this case so interesting. I'm wondering if you have read other Sherlock Holmes cases, if so, were they similar? I started reading A Study in Scarlet but am still near the beginning. I love how in The Hound of the Baskervilles the case is set up and how it is playing out.

message 3: by Diana (new)

Diana Ragsdale I can imagine it in the papers from that time: Watson Finds Caveman in Hiding. Read all about it!

To answer your question, I've read a handful of cases but, I never read one as interesting as this before. Although I can't forget the case where Mary Morstan is introduced. I love the Watson/Mary ship.

message 4: by Kelly Rose (new)

Kelly Rose | 60 comments I'd like to read that case and also the one with Irene Adler. Their ship is magical in the RDJude movies. Who am I kidding, I want to read all the cases, but there's so many books and so little time.

description

message 5: by Lou (new)

Lou (aliceinbagend) | 41 comments Mod
Kelly wrote: "I'd like to read that case and also the one with Irene Adler. Their ship is magical in the RDJude movies. Who am I kidding, I want to read all the cases, but there's so many books and so little tim..."

Same. The chemistry in the movie between Sherlock and Irene was great <3<3
I think I've read the one with Irene Adler in. A Scandal in Bohemia was the one wasn't it? Do you know if she appears in any others?

message 6: by Diana (new)

Diana Ragsdale I looked it up and she only appears in A Scandal in Bohemia, but she is mentioned in four others. But yes, I like that ship as well and definitely want to reread that case!

message 7: by Kelly Rose (new)

Kelly Rose | 60 comments Aw I wish she was in more; well at least I know which case I'm reading next. :)