Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > New beta reader!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evelynhafferby (new)

Evelynhafferby | 19 comments Hi Anisa,

I have two quite different works that I'm looking for advice and thoughts on. They both could be classed as fantasy/adventure, but the tone and subject matter differ quite a lot:

Wider Seas - 90K - (Humour, historical fiction, fantasy) Following the adventures of Sir Francis Drake and a host of other Elizabethan characters, poking fun at a number of familiar tropes of the genre.

Who Put Bella in the Wych Elm? - 60K - (Paranormal mystery) - WW2 set story about the famous urban mystery of the title.

They both have quite a 'English' sensibility, so it would be good to get your perspective.

Do let me know if either sound interesting or if you want to know more.

Regards,

Evelyn

message 2: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Cole | 12 comments Hi Anisa

Have sent you a PM.

message 3: by Winifred (new)

Winifred Stevens (winifredstevens) | 4 comments Anisa Gammon wrote: "Hello everyone,

My name is Anisa, I am a new writer and beta reader. I love writing and reading. I am interested in building up a clientele for my beta reading service, so I am offering free beta..."

Anisa Gammon wrote: "Hello everyone,

My name is Anisa, I am a new writer and beta reader. I love writing and reading. I am interested in building up a clientele for my beta reading service, so I am offering free beta..."

Hello Anisa - I am looking for a Beta Reader. This is my first time on Goodreads and I'm still learning how to post on Beta Readers Wanted but when I saw your post thought I would let you know about my novel. The Title is: The Hidden Vow. Tag: She dared to risk everything and break the rules. Here is the blurb. 13th Century Margrett of Ussex, a rebellious teenager of noble birth, defies social and religious constraints to live her own life.  She loves the wrong man and is banished to a convent for two decades where a vindictive Mother Superior tries to dim her spirit.
The Hidden Vow is the tumultuous story of a woman struggling to find her own identity and power in a suffocating patriarchal society. Who does Margrett of Ussex think she is to ever imagine breaking free of the confines of Medieval England and the all-encompassing Roman Catholic Church? And how does a monk, a murderer, and a King’s bastard help her on her electrifying journey?
Margrett’s enduring inner strength and determination grow from her courage and unbounded faith in the human spirit. A simple pewter Dragonfly brooch, once fashioned by her lover, becomes her magical talisman to life, love, and ultimately liberation.
It has 99,771 words, has been professionally edited and is the first book in my 7 book Dragonfly Series.
Thank you for your consideration in reading my book.
Winifred Stevens.
I don't have my author's page up yet, or my website but I am working on both. I am hoping for a June launch.

message 4: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Wyllie (kingjasteroth) | 28 comments Hi Anisa, would you be interested in beta reading my prologue? It's 3300 words, fantasy genre. I would like to make sure I've caught the readers attention. I've nearly finished writing the rest of the book, but I'm more concerned about the opener right now.

message 5: by S.L. (last edited May 02, 2018 07:39PM) (new)

S.L. Wyllie (kingjasteroth) | 28 comments Winifred wrote: "Anisa Gammon wrote: "Hello everyone,

My name is Anisa, I am a new writer and beta reader. I love writing and reading. I am interested in building up a clientele for my beta reading service, so I ..."

Dear Winifred, I will beta read it. I am thorough, insightful, and will provide constructive criticism and uplifting feedback. I will also highlight any area I found to be skimming if it occurs anywhere throughout your novel.

s.davis206@hotmail.com