Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley May 2018

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31615 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for TBD

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

R

message 3: by Kristie (last edited May 28, 2018 06:45AM) (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments I'm in. :)

Beginning of Month:

Books on Shelf: 15
The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner Bring Her Home by David Bell Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker Fierce Kingdom by Gin Phillips If The Creek Don't Rise by Leah Weiss The Space Between Words by Michèle Phoenix Hello Again (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #2) by Brenda Novak Killman Creek (Stillhouse Lake, #2) by Rachel Caine The Crooked Staircase (Jane Hawk, #3) by Dean Koontz
The Portrait of Molly Dean by Katherine Kovacic Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella Deadly Secrets (Detective Erika Foster, #6) by Robert Bryndza The Summer Children (The Collector, #3) by Dot Hutchison The Widow's Watcher by Eliza Maxwell

Netgalley Ratio: 88%

End of Month:

Read: 3
Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner The Portrait of Molly Dean by Katherine Kovacic

Reviews: 3
Emma in the Night review
The Forever Summer review
The Portrait of Molly Dean review

Added: 3
Leave No Trace by Mindy Mejia The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris

Books on Shelf: 15
Ratio: 88%

message 4: by Melanie (last edited May 23, 2018 04:35PM) (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 767 comments I'm in again. Here's hoping I don't add nearly as many books as last month.

Start of month:
Books on shelf: 26
Feedback Ratio: 81%

Books (ordered by pub date):
Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1) by Susie Steiner The Radium Girls The Dark Story of America's Shining Women by Kate Moore The Drowned Girls (Angie Pallorino, #1) by Loreth Anne White The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding (The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding #1) by Alexandra Bracken Invictus by Ryan Graudin The Dark Lake (Gemma Woodstock, #1) by Sarah Bailey Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak The Birthday Girl by Sue Fortin Just Between Us by Rebecca Drake
A Duke Like No Other (Playful Brides, #9) by Valerie Bowman Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand Hot Asset (21 Wall Street, #1) by Lauren Layne The Surviving Girls (Hidden Sins, #3) by Katee Robert Bear Witness to Murder (Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery, #2) by Meg Macy It's All About the Duke (The Rakes of St. James, #3) by Amelia Grey Never Deceive a Viscount (Infamous Lords, #2) by Renee Ann Miller In Bed with the Beast (The Naughty Princess Club, #2) by Tara Sivec The One You Can't Forget (The Ones Who Got Away, #2) by Roni Loren
Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2) by Dana Marton Cowboy SEAL Redemption (Navy SEAL Cowboys, #2) by Nicole Helm Relentless (Somerton Security #2) by Elizabeth Dyer A Merciful Silence (Mercy Kilpatrick, #4) by Kendra Elliot Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris Untamed Cowboy (Gold Valley, #2) by Maisey Yates Tempting the Laird (Highland Grooms, #5) by Julia London Shelved Under Murder (Blue Ridge Library Mysteries #2) by Victoria Gilbert

Added:
Sweet Home Highlander (Tartans and Titans, #1) by Amalie Howard Only With You (Man Enough, #4) by Nicole McLaughlin Kiss of the Spindle (Steampunk Proper Romance #2) by Nancy Campbell Allen Down with Love (Love Wars, #1) by Kate Meader

Finished:
A Duke Like No Other (Playful Brides, #9) by Valerie Bowman My Review Hot Asset (21 Wall Street, #1) by Lauren Layne My Review Only With You (Man Enough, #4) by Nicole McLaughlin My Review Seven Days of Us by Francesca Hornak My Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

message 5: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited May 27, 2018 05:12PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14778 comments Mod

Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 14

Books:
The Portrait of Molly Dean by Katherine Kovacic The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth Incendium (Christopher Radcliff, #1) by A.D. Swanston The Lost Flowers of Alice Hart by Holly Ringland The Paris Seamstress by Natasha Lester 50 Top Tools for Employee Wellbeing A Complete Toolkit for Developing Happy, Healthy, Productive and Engaged Employees by Debbie Mitchell In The Shadow of 10,000 Hills by Jennifer Haupt School for Psychics (School for Psychics, #1) by K.C. Archer
Mad Blood Stirring by Simon Mayo Armstrong's Job Evaluation Handbook A Guide to Achieving Fairness and Transparency in Pay and Reward by Michael Armstrong Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman The Hawkman by Jane Rosenberg LaForge The Nowhere Child by Christian White Look at Me by Mareike Krügel

Feedback ratio: 88%

FINISHED
The Family Next Door by Sally Hepworth The Portrait of Molly Dean by Katherine Kovacic review

ADDED

End of Month:
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:%

message 6: by Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (last edited May 14, 2018 06:16PM) (new)

Lindsay♫SingerOfStories♫ (lindsaysingerofstories) | 606 comments Start of the month:

Books on shelf: 22
Feedback ratio: 50%

Books ~ ordered by pub date:
The Retreat by Mark Edwards .. The Oddling Prince by Nancy Springer .. What I Leave Behind by Alison McGhee .. Grounds for Remorse (A Tallie Graver Mystery #2) by Misty Simon .. Ruthless Magic (Conspiracy of Magic, #1) by Megan Crewe .. Bruja Born (Brooklyn Brujas #2) by Zoraida Córdova .. Whisper of the Tide (Song of the Current, #2) by Sarah Tolcser .. A Blood Thing by James Hankins .. The Spook in the Stacks (Lighthouse Library Mystery #4) by Eva Gates .. Quench Beat Fatigue, Drop Weight, and Heal Your Body Through the New Science of Optimum Hydration by Dana Cohen .. But Not Forever by Jan VonSchleh .. Death Comes to Dogwood Manor (A Missy DuBois Mystery) by Sandra Bretting .. Till Death Do Us Tart (A Bakeshop Mystery #8) by Ellie Alexander .. Stay Hidden (Mike Bowditch, #9) by Paul Doiron .. Nyxia Unleashed (The Nyxia Triad #2) by Scott Reintgen .. In the Vines by Shannon Kirk .. The Raging Ones (The Raging Ones, #1) by Krista Ritchie .. Brave Enough by Kati Gardner .. The Other Woman by Sandie Jones .. Toil & Trouble 15 Tales of Women & Witchcraft by Tess Sharpe .. Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud .. Twice Dead (The Necromancer's Song, #1) by Caitlin Seal

Already downloaded to be read for feedback = 5 ~ ordered by pub date:
Play On (Lewis Creek, #1) by Michelle Smith .. The President's Daughter (The President's Daughter #1) by Micky O'Brady .. Magick Run Amok (An Abracadabra Mystery, #3) by Sharon Pape .. The Art of Escaping by Erin Callahan .. Fawkes by Nadine Brandes

End of the Month: __%

Read: _

Reviews: Play On (Lewis Creek, #1) by Michelle Smith * The President's Daughter (The President's Daughter #1) by Micky O'Brady * Magick Run Amok (An Abracadabra Mystery, #3) by Sharon Pape *

Added: _

message 7: by Alison (last edited May 23, 2018 02:10AM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2640 comments I'm in.

Beginning of Month

Feedback Ratio 78%
Books on Shelf: 49

Planning to Read
A Dark So Deadly by Stuart MacBride Did You See Melody? by Sophie Hannah The Idea of You by Amanda Prowse The Break by Marian Keyes The Immortalists by Chloe Benjamin The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough Elefant by Martin Suter You Were Made for This by Michelle Sacks Grist Mill Road by Christopher J. Yates Grey Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #2) by Mark Lawrence Mirage (Mirage, #1) by Somaiya Daud Macbeth (Hogarth Shakespeare) by Jo Nesbø Smoke in the Sun (Flame in the Mist, #2) by Renee Ahdieh How to Keep a Secret by Sarah Morgan

Read & still to Review
The Belles by Dhonielle Clayton The Craftsman by Sharon J. Bolton Snap by Belinda Bauer Chaser (Dive Bar, #3) by Kylie Scott Ash Princess by Laura Sebastian

Reviews Posted
The Good Son The bestselling Korean thriller of the year by You-jeong Jeong Dear Martin by Nic Stone A Summer Scandal by Kat French Legendary (Caraval, #2) by Stephanie Garber

Books Added:
Ace of Shades (The Shadow Game, #1) by Amanda Foody Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik The Dead Fathers Club by Matt Haig The Last Family in England by Matt Haig Us Against You (Beartown, #2) by Fredrik Backman Vox by Christina Dalcher Sea Witch by Sarah Henning

Current
Feedback Ratio 78%
Books on Shelf 51

message 8: by Yzabel (last edited May 30, 2018 01:15PM) (new)

Yzabel Ginsberg (yzabelginsberg) | 161 comments Beginning of the month

Books on shelves: 15

Child of Nod (The Balance Series Book 1) by C.W. Snyder Fawkes by Nadine Brandes Human Errors A Panorama of Our Glitches, from Pointless Bones to Broken Genes by Nathan H. Lents Nyxia Unleashed (The Nyxia Triad, #2) by Scott Reintgen The Price Guide to the Occult by Leslye Walton One Way by S.J. Morden I Still Dream by James Smythe A Quick & Easy Guide to They/Them Pronouns by Archie  Bongiovanni Lost in Math How Beauty Leads Physics Astray by Sabine Hossenfelder The Equations of Life How Physics Shapes Evolution by Charles S. Cockell Elon Musk How the Billionaire CEO of SpaceX and Tesla is Shaping our Future by Ashlee Vance LIFEL1K3 by Jay Kristoff

Older than 3 months:

Savage Prophet (Yancy Lazarus #4) by James A. Hunter Unearthed (Unearthed, #1) by Amie Kaufman Carnivore by Jonathan Lyon

Feedback Ratio: 97%

End of the Month

Books I read in May: 4

Reviews:

DNF:

Added: 3

Shelf count:
Feedback ratio:

message 9: by Michelle (last edited Jun 04, 2018 11:39AM) (new)

Michelle (vorvesm) | 46 comments Start of Month:

May Books on Shelf : 17
Feedback ratio to start: 79%

Books:
Current titles:
Bring Me Back by B.A. Paris

Older than 3 months:
Trophy Son by Douglas Brunt Rich People Problems (Crazy Rich Asians, #3) by Kevin Kwan Perfect (Flawed, #2) by Cecelia Ahern The Best of Adam Sharp by Graeme Simsion Last Seen Leaving by Caleb Roehrig Absalom's Daughters by Suzanne Feldman Watching Edie by Camilla Way When I Am Through with You by Stephanie Kuehn Promise Not to Tell (Cutler, Sutter & Salinas #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz Sometimes I Lie by Alice Feeney Beasts of Extraordinary Circumstance by Ruth Emmie Lang The Elizas by Sara Shepard S.T.A.G.S. by M.A. Bennett The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll People Like Us by Dana Mele So Close to Being the Sh*t, Y’all Don’t Even Know by Retta

ADDED IN MAY
The Cheerleaders by Kara Thomas Smothered A Novel by Autumn Chiklis

FINISHED
The Elizas by Sara Shepard

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 18
Feedback Ratio: 79%

message 10: by Amy Leigh (last edited May 10, 2018 07:41AM) (new)

Amy Leigh (xxamyleighxx) | 13 comments Beginning of the Month
Goal: 8-10 books
Feedback Ratio: 90%

Books on shelf: 8
A Throne for Sisters (A Throne for Sisters, #1) by Morgan Rice Nowhere Else But Here by Rachel Cotton The Warrior Queen (The Hundredth Queen #4) by Emily R. King Storm Glass (Harbinger #1) by Jeff Wheeler Kiss of the Royal by Lindsey Duga Moonlight And Midtown (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #1.5) by Christina Bauer Bonjour Girl by Isabelle Lafleche Star-Touched Stories (The Star-Touched Queen, #2.5) by Roshani Chokshi

Finished:
Bonjour Girl by Isabelle Lafleche
Review:https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Moonlight And Midtown (Fairy Tales of the Magicorum #1.5) by Christina Bauer
Review:https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Added: Shearwater (Ocean Depths, #1) by D.S. Murphy Ruthless Magic (Conspiracy of Magic, #1) by Megan Crewe Smoke and Iron (The Great Library, #4) by Rachel Caine The Skaar Invasion (The Fall of Shannara #2) by Terry Brooks Snow (The Black Ice Trilogy, #1) by Mikayla Elliot Blizzard (The Black Ice Trilogy, #2) by Mikayla Elliot The Namarielle by Julien E Jamar

End of Month
# of Books on Shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

message 11: by Emily (last edited Jun 01, 2018 09:48PM) (new)

Emily | 1013 comments Ratio 81%
Books on Shelf 71
Goal 10

A Night of No Return
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
Hooked On You
Love Beyond Opposites

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 465 comments Oops, a little late again :'D

How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 12
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 69%

What books are on your NG shelf:
Bookishly Ever After (Ever After, #1) by Isabel Bandeira Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember Another Postcard (Stone Butterfly Rockstars Book 1) by Elle Christensen Falsies (The Makeup Series, #1) by Olive East The Business of Writing Practical Insights for Independent, Hybrid, and Traditionally Published Authors by Kim Iverson Headlee Paramnesia The Deadish Chronicles by Brian Wilkinson The Queens of Innis Lear by Tessa Gratton Furyborn (Empirium, #1) by Claire Legrand Song of Blood & Stone (Earthsinger Chronicles, #1) by L. Penelope Save the Date by Morgan Matson

New

No Feedback
Ensnared by Rita Stradling

Feedback Sent
Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch

Read & Reviewed

End of the month(view spoiler)

message 13: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Murphy (tiffers919) | 102 comments I haven’t forgotten about this month, I’ve just been crazy busy, I’m hoping to get everything listed on Sunday after church.

message 15: by Tiffany (last edited May 30, 2018 11:37PM) (new)

Tiffany Murphy (tiffers919) | 102 comments Older than 30 days cont.: Blood & Water by Katie O'Rourke Night Music A Novel by Deanna Lynn Sletten Marriage God's Way A Biblical Recipe for Healthy, Joyful, Christ-Centered Relationships by Scott LaPierre Goddess Of The Wild Thing by Paul DeBlassie III Dead Lemons by Finn Bell Bringer of Chaos Forged in Fire by Kayelle Allen Apollo's Raven (Apollo's Raven #1) by Linnea Tanner Alexandria Rising by Mark Wallace Maguire Surprise Me by Sophie Kinsella My Name Is Venus Black by Heather Lloyd Before I Found You by Daisy White The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell by Robert Dugoni One Fine Day (Hazel Green #1) by Cindy Kirk Every Note Played by Lisa Genova The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz See All the Stars by Kit Frick Darkside Earther (Darkside Earther #1) by Bradley Horner Faith in Sweetwater County by Ciara Knight Worry Less, Live More God’s Prescription for a Better Life by Robert J. Morgan Stories I Love to Tell by Gene Ewards Hope for Your Marriage Experience God’s Greatest Desires for You and Your Spouse by Clayton and Ashlee Hurst Hello Mornings How to Build a Grace-Filled, Life-Giving Morning Routine by Kat Lee A Life Beyond Amazing 9 Decisions That Will Transform Your Life Today by David Jeremiah Champion by Craig Johnson Heroes Wanted Why the World Needs You to Live Your Heart Out by Rodney D. Bullard Unspoken What Men Won't Talk About and Why by Johnny Hunt Overcoming Shame Healing Guilt from the Inside Out by Mark W. Baker The Innkeeper's Daughter (The Bow Street Runners #2) by Michelle Griep 300 Billion to One by Wayne Faust Fearless in 21 Days A Survivor's Guide to Overcoming Anxiety by Sarah E. Ball With Love, Mom Stories About the Remarkable Bond Between Mothers and Daughters by Dawn Camp Seeking Patience by Josie Riviera Hour Glass by Michelle Rene The Eden Legacy by Harold Gershowitz The Light in the Labyrinth by Wendy J. Dunn Marry in Haste by Jane Aiken Hodge Debutante A breathtaking wartime saga of love, loss, and friendship by Anne Melville 30th Century Escape (30th Century Trillogy #1) by Mark Kingston Levin Maggie's Dream by Leslie Tall Manning Blood, Smoke and Mirrors (Bad Witch #1) by Robyn Bachar Parallel Planets by James E. Lee ReWired by S.R. Johannes Akarnae (The Medoran Chronicles, #1) by Lynette Noni Solaris Seethes (Solaris Saga, #1) by Janet McNulty Fantomah, Volume 1 Up From The Deep (Fantomah, #1) by Ray Fawkes Ride On by Gwen Cole Beautifully Interrupted When God Holds the Pen that Writes Your Story by Teresa Swanstrom Anderson Like Me Or Not Overcoming Approval Addiction by Dawn Owens The Sea Before Us (Sunrise at Normandy, #1) by Sarah Sundin Catching Foxes A Gospel-Guided Journey to Marriage by John Henderson Why Worry? Getting to the Heart of Your Anxiety (Resources for Changed Lives) by Robert D. Jones Wrestling with God Finding Hope and Meaning in Our Daily Struggles to Be Human by Ronald Rolheiser Theophany A Biblical Theology of God's Appearing by Vern Sheridan Poythress In With the Tide (Cape Cod Shore Book 1) by Charlee James The Fisherman's Daughter by Melinda Sue Sanchez The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert 5 Habits of a Woman Who Doesn't Quit by Nicki Koziarz In Bloom Trading Restless Insecurity for Abiding Confidence by Kayla Aimee Honeysuckle Dreams (A Blue Ridge Romance #2) by Denise Hunter The Weaver's Daughter by Sarah E. Ladd Fawkes by Nadine Brandes An Imperfect Woman Letting Go of the Need to Have It All Together by Kim Hyland An Amish Heirloom A Legacy of Love, The Cedar Chest, The Treasured Book, A Midwife's Dream by Amy Clipston QUMRAN by Jerry Amernic Sparkles of Blue Sleeper Chronicles by Ray Zdan The Fellowship of the Suffering How Hardship Shapes Us for Ministry and Mission by Paul Borthwick The Pandora Box by Lilly Maytree Half a Heart by Karen McQuestion Venice Black (Alex Polonia Thriller #1) by Gregory C. Randall The Way We Fall (The Fallen World Book 1) by Megan Crewe Rogue Legacy (The Secret History of Issalia) by Jeffrey L. Kohanek Daring to Love Move Beyond Fear of Intimacy, Embrace Vulnerability, and Create Lasting Connection by Tamsen Firestone In Her Image by Adam Croft Lifeform Three by Roz Morris Who She Was by Stormy Smith The House of Closed Doors Boxed Set Nell's Story by Jane Steen Delayed Death (Temptation in Florence #1) by Beate Boeker The Courage Habit How to Accept Your Fears, Release the Past, and Live Your Courageous Life by Kate Swoboda Tailor Made Discover the Secret to Who God Created You to Be by Alex Seeley That Summer at the Seahorse Hotel by Adrienne Vaughan Victoria The Widow and Her Son by Hector Bolitho Olivia's Turn by Taylor Marsh Talking about God Honest Conversations about Spirituality by Stephen Saccone God's Grace in Your Suffering by David A. Powlison Sorcerers' Dynasty by Stephen C. Perkins Ruth by H.B. Moore The Daily Bible Promise Book® A 365-Day Devotional and Bible Reading Plan by Barbour Staff God Isn't Finished with Me Yet Discovering the Spiritual Graces of Later Life by Barbara Lee Phoebe's Light (Nantucket Legacy #1) by Suzanne Woods Fisher A Passionate Hope Hannah's Story (Daughters of the Promised Land, #4) by Jill Eileen Smith The Girl From Blind River by Gale Massey The Donut King The Rags to Riches Story of a Poor Immigrant Who Changed the World by Ted Ngoy Maps Are Lines We Draw by Allison Coffelt How to Live a Life of Prayer Classic Christian Writers on the Divine Privilege of Prayer by John Wesley Handmade Spa Natural Treatments to Revive and Restore by Juliette Goggin The Dream of You Let Go of Broken Identities and Live the Life You Were Made for by Jo Saxton The Crossing by Jason Mott Olympian Challenger by Astrid Arditi The Wounded Shadow (The Darkwater Saga, #3) by Patrick W. Carr The Heart's Appeal (London Beginnings #2) by Jennifer Delamere The Tremblers (Blackburn Chronicles #1) by Raquel Byrnes A Bond of Venom and Magic (The Goddess and the Guardians, #1) by Karen Tomlinson Guinevere At the Dawn of Legend (Book 2) by Cheryl Carpinello The Trial and Execution of the Traitor George Washington by Charles Rosenberg The Gift of Our Wounds A Sikh and a Former White Supremacist Find Forgiveness after Hate by Arno Michaelis
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 12%

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read: Phoebe's Light (Nantucket Legacy Book #1) by Suzanne Woods Fisher Those Who Hope by Tim Stafford The Lacemaker by Laura Frantz Their Amish Reunion (Amish Seasons) by Lenora Worth The Orphan's Wish by Melanie Dickerson 200 Embroidered Flowers Hand Embroidery Stitches and Projects for Flowers, Leaves and Foliage by Kristen Gula Handmade Spa Natural Treatments to Revive and Restore by Juliette Goggin
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
1. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
2. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
3. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
4. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
5. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
6. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
7. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

message 16: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments Just got a widget for Leave No Trace by Mindy Mejia . So, up one so far this month.

I've actually been in a bit of a slump. I haven't even picked up a book in a week, which is too bad because the books I was reading were good. Hope I have some time to relax and enjoy some reading soon.

message 17: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments Well, I'm headed the wrong way! I just got The Memory Box by Eva Lesko Natiello .

message 18: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited May 10, 2018 06:39PM) (new)

Kristie wrote: "Well, I'm headed the wrong way! I just got The Memory Box."

Oh. That could be interesting!

I noticed you have The Portrait of Molly Dean by Katherine Kovacic . Would you like to buddy read it with me during TT?

message 19: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments The Memory Box is read now if you're interested, Karen.

I didn't end up joining TT. I don't know if that matters for your points. I haven't been reading much lately and didn't want to be dead weight for a team, though I love the HP theme! If my not being on a team doesn't matter, then I'd love to buddy read it. Let me know when it works best for you, since your timing will matter more.

message 20: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments By the way, I love your Luna Lovegood profile pic. It's so cute and I love her. :)

message 21: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Kristie wrote: "The Memory Box is read now if you're interested, Karen.

I didn't end up joining TT. I don't know if that matters for your points. I haven't been reading much lately and didn't want to be dead wei..."

bah! I can't take on another NetGalley book. vile temptress. lol!

No, being on a team doesn't matter. I wouldn't mind reading it this month as I haven't read a single NetGalley book yet :o
When works for you?

message 22: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments Haha. Oops!

I’d like to finish the book I already started. Maybe having a start date in a week or so would give me some motivation to finish it. I haven’t picked anything up in about a week and a half. (Oops again!)

message 23: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

No worries xD

I've made a thread here:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 24: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2640 comments Gah!! I'm fighting with the NetGalley site. Trying to download a book and it's not working. I sent it to my kindle about five times, nada, then I noticed it was not a mobi but a protected pdf so I tried to download to my pc but apparently there's a problem with the file format and adobe reader can't open it.

I've finally resorted to installing Aldiko book reading app on to my phone and it seems I can open it on that but it's so tiny I can barely read it. I feel like there should be another way of doing this.

message 25: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments I finally finished one this month! It's one that's been on my shelf forever too.

Emma in the Night by Wendy Walker

Emma in the Night review

message 26: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Alison wrote: "Gah!! I'm fighting with the NetGalley site. Trying to download a book and it's not working. I sent it to my kindle about five times, nada, then I noticed it was not a mobi but a protected pdf so I ..."

This is why I hate protected PDFs so much.
You can try bluefire reader on your computer. Or be like me and get the shits and refuse to read it. lol

message 27: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

well done Kristie!

message 28: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Murphy (tiffers919) | 102 comments Karen ⊰✿ wrote: "Alison wrote: "Gah!! I'm fighting with the NetGalley site. Trying to download a book and it's not working. I sent it to my kindle about five times, nada, then I noticed it was not a mobi but a prot..."

I found an app called Digital Editions that lets me read those. I’d still prefer to be able to read them on my kindle but this works in a pinch.

message 29: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments I have a question for all of you and I'm hoping someone here can help me. I requested a book through NetGalley last December and it is still sitting on my pending shelf. the book has been archived for a while now and does not even have a wish button anymore. I contacted NetGalley to ask them to have the publisher remove it from my shelf, because I can't stand having my shelf cluttered up with things like that and got a really useless person trying to "help" me.

So far, she has told me to use the not going to give feedback option, which I can't access because I was not approved for the book. Then, she told me that the book will just sit on my pending shelf, which is exactly what I was emailing her for help with to start with.

Anyway...I've read in other places that some people have contacted the publishers directly to have issues with bad e-copies resolved or to ask for a denial to be overturned and they've had good luck. Have any of you contacted the publishers directly? If so, do you contact them through NetGalley somehow? Or through email or Goodreads? Any suggestions?

I feel like if I go back to this same girl and respond to her email again and say yes, I know it will just sit there, that's what I'm asking you to fix, that she will mess it up somehow.

message 30: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 767 comments When did the book archive Kristie? Books automatically move from pending to declined once the book has been archived for 30 days. If it archived more than 30 days ago and is still there, that seems like a glitch and Netgalley support may be the only way to go.

message 31: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Have you had any other books approved by that publisher? If so, I'd go back through my emails to find their contact email and send them a note.
Otherwise I think they do just sit there forever. NetGalley is pretty unhelpful in this regard :(

message 32: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments I'm not sure when it was archived, Melanie, but it was published April 3rd. I can't see the archived date on the book page or on my pending shelf. Maybe it archived after the published date? Or I know it was set up as "wish for it" for a while, maybe we have to wait 30 days after that ends?

I have been approved by them several times, Karen. That's good idea too. I've been fortunate so far with being able to get them removed eventually, but this particular girl doesn't seem to even understand what I'm trying to ask her to do. It really bothers me to have my shelves cluttered.

message 33: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 767 comments If you go to the book page and then at the bottom of the page where it has the average rating and then you can click on "See all member reviews". Click to see member reviews and the archive date will be at the top of that page.

message 34: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments Oh thanks! I didn't know that. (obviously, lol) It was May 3rd. So, it should automatically decline on June 3rd then and be off my shelf. Got it! Thank you for your help!

message 35: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 767 comments Happy to help! Those forever pendings drive me nuts. I'm always happy when they finally go away.

message 36: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments Finished the oldest book on my shelf! I've had this book over a year!

NetGalley Review

The Forever Summer by Jamie Brenner

The Forever Summer review

message 37: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany Murphy (tiffers919) | 102 comments Kristie wrote: "Finished the oldest book on my shelf! I've had this book over a year!

The Forever Summer review"

Good job!!!

message 38: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 767 comments Kristie wrote: "Finished the oldest book on my shelf! I've had this book over a year!

The Forever Summer review"

That's awesome! It's always great to get an old book off your shelf.

message 39: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments Thanks! I sometimes wonder if it’s worth reviewing them once they’re that old, but I don’t want them on my shelf and I’m still interested in reading them, so I figured why not. Might as well improve that ratio! I’m sure the publishers are a bit surprised to get the reviews!

message 40: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments Just picked up Sold on a Monday by Kristina McMorris

message 41: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Finished my second (and probably last) for May.

The Portrait of Molly Dean by Katherine Kovacic review

Thanks to Kristie for buddy reading with me!

message 42: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited May 27, 2018 05:19PM) (new)

June thread is available here

message 43: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3350 comments I just finished my review for The Portrait of Molly Dean by Katherine Kovacic . It's probably the last I'll finish this month as well. So, I added three and reviewed three.

The Portrait of Molly Dean review