2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Melissa's Reading Plan - May 2018

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (last edited May 26, 2018 09:12AM) (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments Currently Reading
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy #1) by Deborah Harkness
Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune by Bill Dedman
A Discovery of Witches (All Souls Trilogy, #1) by Deborah Harkness Empty Mansions The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune by Bill Dedman

Plan to Read – Series
Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse #10) by Charlaine Harris
Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas
Big Cherry Holler (Big Stone Gap #2) by Adriana Trigiani
Time Jumpers (Five Kingdoms #5) by Brandon Mull
Dead in the Family (Sookie Stackhouse, #10) by Charlaine Harris Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1) by Sarah J. Maas Big Cherry Holler (Big Stone Gap, #2) by Adriana Trigiani Time Jumpers (Five Kingdoms, #5) by Brandon Mull

Plan to Read – Standalones
The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones
The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones

Book to Movie Reads
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
Ready Player One by Ernest Cline

message 2: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11407 comments Mod
Nice list, Melissa! Interested in your feedback on Ready Player One. Are you a gamer?

message 3: by Melissa (last edited Apr 30, 2018 07:23PM) (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments I'm not, Jonetta, but I have friends who are.

message 4: by Veronica (last edited May 01, 2018 12:38PM) (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Ooh, I like having a book-to-movie category. We saw the movie when it came out because my older son read the book and wanted to see it.

Have a great month, Melissa.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments There are so many books being made into movies lately that I figured it would be a good challenge for me.

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4522 comments Mod
How's it going with a Discovery of Witches, Melissa?
Hope you enjoy your other books :)

message 7: by Allison (new)

Allison (rainy-day-reads) I hope you enjoy Ready Player One, Melissa. I found it easy enough to understand without being a gamer. I'm sure I missed a bunch of references, but I didn't feel lost.

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments Lauren wrote: "How's it going with a Discovery of Witches, Melissa?
Hope you enjoy your other books :)"

I am absolutely loving a A Discovery of Witches! I'm going to have a hard time not moving right into book 2.

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments Finished reading A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness and started reading Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas.

message 10: by Melissa (last edited May 14, 2018 08:07PM) (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments I finished reading Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune by Bill Dedman. A fascinating story of a generous women. Here's my review.

I have now started reading Ready Player One by Ernest Cline. I am really enjoying it so far.

message 11: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 1441 comments I finished reading Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas, 5 ★

I'm now reading Big Cherry Holler by Adriana Trigiani.