Real Christian discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived Devotionals > May - June 2018

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

The devotional schedule as last listed:

Sunday: ____
Monday: Rita Faye
Tuesday: C. Read
Wednesday: ____
Thursday: Arnie
Friday: ____
Saturday: Dane

message 2: by C. (last edited May 02, 2018 09:36AM) (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 312 comments The Door is Still Open

1 May 2018 / 17 Iyyar 5778 / 31st Day of the Omer

I have been reading in Isaiah lately, and I would like to highlight a verse that really stood out to me.
Isaiah 62:1 “For Zion's sake will I not hold my peace, and for Jerusalem's sake I will not rest, until the righteousness thereof go forth as brightness, and the salvation thereof as a lamp that burneth."

This verse truly embodies what God greatly desires for the chosen people of Israel and His church. God so wants His people to truly worship the Messiah, who is the LORD Jesus Christ—the “True Light” that God Almighty sent into this world to save those who love and belong to Him!

I cannot rest until I fulfill the call God has placed upon my life. His fire is burning within me, and I want to share what God has done for me, as He leads me. I have a story inside that wants to come out. It’s a hard story. Not all will like it. Not all will embrace it. But it is one that needs to be told.

There is only One way to the Father in heaven. Jesus is the door that leads to eternal life, and praise God the door is still open to all who will receive Him and His awesome sacrifice!

But one day the door will close. The great white throne will be before us, and we will be judged by what we did while on this earth. And most important, our final destiny will be determined by whether we know the Advocate with the Father, who is Christ Jesus, His dearly beloved Son—the first begotten of the dead—and who is alive forever more! Amen!

Jesus Christ has the keys of hell and death, and He sits at the right hand of God Almighty! And one day He will be coming in the clouds, and every eye shall see Him, even those who killed Him. And they shall be greatly ashamed and grieve over Him, along with all those who rejected the only true Savior.

But for those of us who know God and His precious Son, and are truly "born again," it will be the greatest day of our lives!

Until then, may we, as “Real Christians,” be busy about the work of the LORD! And be willing to share our story with those who desperately need to hear the true gospel of Jesus Christ!

I thank you for your prayers, my dear brothers and sisters, and you are always in mine!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Amen

message 4: by Arniegamilong (new)

Arniegamilong | 200 comments Amen!!!
This led me to remember Noah and his ark...as long as the door is open, anyone can come in (every kind of animals and even creeping things...and most especially, it is open for men!)...but when the Lord closed the door... it was too late for those outside until the rain fall and the floods came up... what a sad picture.
But for those inside the ark, it is SALVATION! Glory to God in the highest!
Thank you my Dear Friend C.
Thank you all for your Prayers as well. So blessed to have my Real Christian family backing us up through prayers!
My Prayers also go with you all very constantly.
Take care and be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might as always!
Blessings.

message 5: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 312 comments Arniegamilong wrote: "Amen!!!
This led me to remember Noah and his ark...as long as the door is open, anyone can come in (every kind of animals and even creeping things...and most especially, it is open for men!)...but when the Lord closed the door... it was too late for those outside until the rain fall and the floods came up... what a sad picture. ..."

Yes, what a great comparison my dear Pastor Arnie!

I am so thankful to hear from you and Ms Rita Faye! And I am also very thankful for our Real Christian Family. I just hope you all don't feel like I have forgotten you when I am not able to visit as often as I like. So many things have kept me away, but you are always in my heart! And I so look forward to the great day when we meet face to face in heaven!

God bless and keep you-always!

With the love of Christ,
C.

P.S. I wanted to share this passage that is very relevant to my devotional above...

Revelation 1:4 "John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace be unto you, and peace, from Him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before His throne;

Revelation 1:5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood,

Revelation 1:6 And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 1:7 Behold, He cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see Him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen.

Revelation 1:8 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty."

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Monday, May 7

The American Dream is that "I can be anything that I want to be". Much of the world has adopted this motto. Many of us love to take credit for the things in our lives that are going great. Few of us will take credit when things are going bad. We often think that our achievements are our own but we rarely think that our downfalls are also our responsibility.

Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

Many people live by the above Bible verse while trying to succeed . Unfortunately many of those same people forget all of the prayers they prayed or the fact that those prayers have been answered. They want to claim all of the success for themselves instead of giving it to God for the blessing He has bestowed on them.
Those same people often believe that all the bad that has ever happened them is because of someone else. Mainly God.

As Christians we need to rise above this game of credit and blame. We need to thank God for the blessings is our lives while at the same time trusting Him to help us through the trials.

Remember also that the ant is strong but he relies on his fellow soldiers to help him lift and carry the heavy loads. The ant never forgets that he is an ant and that he owes his strength to God.

Be like the ant. Be dependable, be available when needed, be strong but trust in God.

Remember to always thank God in times of success and in times of trouble.
God bless you and yours

message 7: by [deleted user] (last edited May 14, 2018 07:01AM) (new)

Monday, May 14

Do you feel all alone and hopeless? Do you feel like nobody is paying attention to all that you do for others?

Remember you are not alone. The Lord is with you!

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go.”

2 Corinthians 1:3-4 Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

When you accept salvation through our Savior Jesus Christ, you become a child of God. You will always walk in the shadow of the Lord. You will never be alone.

Romans 10:9-10 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

If you have accepted salvation through Jesus Christ and still feel alone then maybe you haven't been getting to know Him. To know Jesus better you need to read the Bible and talk to Him through prayer daily.

Become a part of your church and get to know your "church family". Let them know when you are feeling alone and discouraged. They will pray for and help you through you times of trouble.

May God be the center of your life.
May you walk in the shadow of Jesus each day.
May the Holy Spirit within you comfort and guide you.

message 8: by Lee (new)

Lee (lee-lette) | 871 comments Monday June 18, 2018

If That isn't Love

"He left the splendor of heaven
Knowing His destiny
Was the lonely hill of Golgotha
There to lay down His life for me

And if that isn't love
Then the ocean is dry
There's no stars in the sky
And the little sparrows can't fly
Yeah if that isn't love
Then heaven's a myth
There's no feeling like this
If that isn't love

Even in death He remembered
The thief hanging by His side
Then he spoke of love and compassion
And He took him to paradise"

Good morning. Oh how I love Jesus, because He first loved me. A righteous man gave up His life for us, we who are liars, thieves, covetous, scornful, judgemental etc

That is unconditional love. That is just fantastic to think that we are in the position of the prodigal son. Some of us have wasted our substance. We sometimes drift away from our purpose. We allow others to dictate our service to God, yet with open arms, God awaits our return.

The scripture says in Isaiah 64: 6, But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
YET, He still loves us and has afforded us the opportunity to access His Grace and Mercy.

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, as we are here today, regardless of the situations we face, help us not to take your love for granted. We know that you are merciful, however time waits on no man and there will come a time when mercy's doors will close.
Help us to continue to walk in your grace. Help us to serve you with zeal and diligence as we approach the end time. Help us in our endeavors to be holy as you desire.
Intervene in our situations. Make a way for us and help us to love others as you love us.
These and other mercies we ask of you. Whatever we have failed to ask of you, fail not to grant it onto us, in Your Holy and Matchless name we pray.
Amen

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I needed to hear this today. Thank you and God bless you.

message 10: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 312 comments Lee wrote: "Monday June 18, 2018 If That isn't Love...

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, as we are here today, regardless of the situations we face, help us not to take your love for granted. We know that you are merciful, however time waits on no man and there will come a time when mercy's doors will close.

Help us to continue to walk in your grace. Help us to serve you with zeal and diligence as we approach the end time. Help us in our endeavors to be holy as you desire.

Intervene in our situations. Make a way for us and help us to love others as you love us.

These and other mercies we ask of you. Whatever we have failed to ask of you, fail not to grant it onto us, in Your Holy and Matchless name we pray.
Amen"

Hi Ms. Lee!

What an absolutely beautiful prayer! Thank you! I have missed not visiting with you all at this Real Christian Community!

Rita, I hope you haven't forgotten me... :) I haven't forgotten you! You have been in my prayers, along with my dear friend Pastor Arnie!

So much has been going on these days that has kept me away, but I am hoping to visit and post more frequently in the future!

God bless and keep you my dear fellow Christians! May the grace of God be with us! And may His love grow even stronger within our souls, so that we may be pleasing to God, and a blessing to those He puts in our path!

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

message 11: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 312 comments The Truth Behind the Lies...

27 June 2018 / 14 Tamuz 5778

I wrote the following article over twenty years ago, but it is still very relevant for today. This organization I am addressing was founded in 1990 by Bill McCartney. According to their website they are under new "leadership" and are gearing up to try and influence more men to be “Promise Keepers.”

Please prayerfully read this message, and I pray that the LORD will open your eyes to the truth behind the lies…

With the love of Christ,
C. Read

"Promise Keepers"

Much has been reported over the years about this "men's movement," and without going into all the details, it is a heretical, anti-Christian "ministry to men," that was initially organized by an unholy man who was a devout Roman Catholic, who did not keep his promises, according to his own testimony... This man, his chosen leadership, and his "ministers" are connected to the "Toronto Blessing," "Pensacola Revival," and other demonic manifestations that men falsely claim to be of God, unless of course their "god" is "that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world:" (Revelation 12:9)

The following letter will also shed some much needed "Light"
on the Darkness behind the "Promise Keepers."

1 October 1997 / 1 Tishri 5758

I really wish that the whole world could be warned about the event that is scheduled to take place in Washington D.C. this coming Sabbath on 4 October 1997. I would especially like to warn the innocent victims who have been swept up in this “movement.”

I truly believe that there are many honest and sincere people who are involved with “Promise Keepers” yet if they really knew the truth they would have nothing to do with it.

Two of the major promoters of this “event” is Dr. Donald E. Wildmon, president and founder of the American Family Association and the American Family Radio Station ~WAFR based out of Tupelo, Mississippi; along with fellow advocate Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family, based out of Colorado Springs, Colorado.

I Am very certain that “Promise Keepers” is rooted in everything that is wicked and evil! And even though they use the name of Jesus to attract those who follow Christ, it is something to be extremely cautious of. God said that many would come in His name and deceive many, and that is what this “movement” is all about.

Please seriously consider the following excerpts from an article entitled “The Vineyard” by A. J. Dager. [Mr. Dager of Media Spotlight, was taken from this earth to be with the LORD on 1 May 2018, but his words of wisdom will still live on!]

“It’s no secret that Vineyard adherents comprise the top leadership of Promise Keepers. This includes founder Bill McCartney, president Randy Phillips, as well as their pastor James Ryle, who helped found and continues to help guide Promise Keepers. Ryle is pastor of Boulder Valley, Colorado Vineyard and a Vineyard “prophet.”

If you are unfamiliar with “Vineyard Churches” or this movement who’s “apostle” and “prophet” is John Wimber consider an additional quote from the same article by Mr. Dager. (“The Vineyard” © 1996 Media Spotlight) [Please note: John Wimber died a month and half after this event of a brain hemorrhage on November 17, 1997, at age 63.]

“A phenomenon that has swept through many Vineyard churches is that known as “holy laughter”. In brief, many churches are reporting spontaneous, uncontrollable laughter erupting from their congregations, even during times of solemn ceremony or messages from the pulpit.

Some report uncontrollable weeping, falling to the floor in ecstatic trances, and animal noises such as barking like dogs and roaring like lions. Some stagger and reel like drunken people, unable to walk a straight line. For simplicity’s sake, all these have come to be called “holy laughter” since laughter is the pre-eminent phenomenon displayed...

Holy laughter was imported into the United States and Canada from South Africa through one Rodney Howard-Browne. But the major impetus for the worldwide spread of the movement erupted in 1994 at the Toronto Airport Vineyard in Toronto, Canada, pastored by John Arnott.”

One great and dreadful day of the LORD all “men” will give an account to Almighty God for who and what they chose to affiliate themselves with while on this earth, but God will especially hold the “men” mentioned in this letter responsible for the untold damage to those who have been adversely influenced by them.

I pray that God will truly have mercy on all those who have sincerely been deceived into thinking that this is some great “move of God”; but for all those who are purposefully seeking to mislead and destroy innocent people my prayer is that the LORD God Almighty will do unto them, what they seek to do unto others...

If there was ever a Time to call on the name of the LORD, the Time is now! May the LORD God Almighty truly bless you with His peace that passes understanding as you walk with Him in the True Light!

Sincerely,
A servant of the Most High God,
C. Read

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

C. wrote: "Lee wrote: "Monday June 18, 2018 If That isn't Love...

Prayer:
Dear Heavenly Father, as we are here today, regardless of the situations we face, help us not to take your love for granted. We know..."

I haven't forgotten you, C. Nice to hear from you. I have decided to take a break from posting devotions for the summer. I will try to keep in touch. May God Bless you all during the next few months. Rita Faye

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Here is thread for devotions for July-August if anyone wants to post to it.

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 14: by C. (new)

C. Read (truelight) | 312 comments Rita Faye wrote: "I have decided to take a break from posting devotions for the summer. I will try to keep in touch. May God Bless you all during the next few months..."

God bless you too! :)

message 15: by M.K., Creator And Moderator 🎉 (new)

M.K. Aneal (mkaneal) | 6178 comments Mod
I love your participation here, y'all! We'll be working on a new devotion month soon, my friends. Thank you all! :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.