The Booklanders discussion

Book suggestions, please!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (Bookworm Boutique) (bookwormboutique) | 95 comments Mod
Hey everyone! It's that time again!

Please pop a comment down below with a couple (or more) suggestions for books you'd like to read for The Booklanders. Please stay away from sequels or anything not YA and it'll need to be something that releases at least before April 1st.

Each title that is suggested THREE or more times will be added to the poll that everyone votes on (so if you see someone has already suggested something you'd like to read be sure to also suggest it so it makes the poll). The top two books will be selected as our book club reads.

You have until Tuesday May 8th to get your suggestions in!

- Lauren c:

message 2: by Lauren (new)

I'll get the ball rolling with:
- Leah on the Offbeat by Becky Albertalli '
- Ace of Shades by Amanda Foody
- The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Fleming-Christie (feathersandfaith) | 4 comments Lauren wrote: "Hey everyone! It's that time again!

Please pop a comment down below with a couple (or more) suggestions for books you'd like to read for The Booklanders. Please stay away from sequels or anything..."

I think Leah on the Offbeat would be perfect! But do you have to read Simon and the Homosapien Agenda first?

I would suggest maybe Children of Blood and Bone by Tomi Adeyemi, Paper Princess by Erin Watt, Nevernight by Jay Kristoff (seeing as the video conference thing might happen, it only seems suitable), and Zenith by Sasha Alsberg and Lindsay Cummings. I'm definitely typical with my picks but I'm so stuck for ideas lately 😅

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Hmmm, it is the second book but some people say that it’s a spinoff (kind of like Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Hold Me Closer where you can read one or both) but then some say there are spoilers for Simon so I’m not sure. Might have to do some more googling :)

message 5: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 14 comments Mod
Children of blood and bone 😬

message 6: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 14 comments Mod
Also “the hazel wood “

message 7: by Phoebe (new)

Phoebe (fleab) | 2 comments Children of blood and bone and To kill a kingdom by Alexandra Christo