Classic Trash discussion

The Blue Sword (Damar, #1)
This topic is about The Blue Sword
The Blue Sword > The Blue Sword: In Progress (No Spoilers)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Adelaide Blair | 1082 comments Mod
This topic is for those who wish to discuss the book in progress. No spoilers please!

The listing for this book says it is the first in the Damar series, but fyi, it is a complete story. The other book in the series takes place well before this and has no real influence on what happens here.

Sarah (sarahmott) | 377 comments Cool - can’t wait. I have it on hold at the library.

message 4: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 949 comments I am so sorry, but I could not get into this book. I did not get too far before giving up. I feel like such a failure when it comes to Fantasy reads here! I don't know why, but it almost feels like I'm reading a foreign language. I had success with a few more contemporary fantasy novels, but they didn't have much world-building in them. (They were also YA, mainly.) At least I gave it a try. Maybe next time?

NO worries. I do not believe in reading stuff you can't get into! This is a personal favorite, but it's not the best of this author's work and the main character is a total Mary Sue. (Which does not bother me, but I'll write about that more tomorrow in the finished thread.)

message 6: by Cheryl (new)

Cheryl | 949 comments Adelaide wrote: "NO worries. I do not believe in reading stuff you can't get into! This is a personal favorite, but it's not the best of this author's work and the main character is a total Mary Sue. (Which does no..."

Thanks, Adelaide. One of these times I'll find one I like.

Sarah (sarahmott) | 377 comments This book didn’t really pick up for me until about chapter 3. I think I finally figured out what it is about Robin M that really bugs me: over-abundance of exposition! The woman should master the art of flashbacks...or watch a season of Lost.