Around the World 2018 discussion

Ghachar Ghochar
This topic is about Ghachar Ghochar
International Book Reviews > Book #5 - Ghachar Ghochar by Vivek Shanbhag - India

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Dustin | 20 comments Mod
almost halfway!

This is probably my favorite so far read for the challenge. Very quick read, but still a big impact. Translated from Kannada.

message 2: by Kelsey (last edited May 16, 2018 12:53PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kelsey (kdubbs) | 25 comments Mod
Second book I read after Dust. I have been instructed to ‘stew about it’ for a bit.... but I think I missed something. It was fine. Thank god it was short because it never said much to me.
**LATER*** So..it never ceases to fascinate me how different people connect to different things. After speaking with Dust, I missed something highly important, apparently, in this book. How? I'm dumb. But also, I just didn't connect with this book. So I didn't dive IN deep enough to see that thing that Dust saw. Like, at all. I often wonder if this is gender-related. I think so much of our language is gender-specific, and I hate gender-norming things. But, whenever this happens with Dust and I, we find the connected pair (reader/writer) are of the same gender. So, if you are a dude, read this book, I guess.