2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > TBR Twins, May

Comments Showing 1-36 of 36 (36 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Below are your TBR twins for May! Please message your twin to choose a book to read. If you do not hear from your twin after a few days, please post in this topic to pair up with someone else who didn't hear back.

You can also let us know what book you picked and what you each thought of it.

A Bookworm Travels
Stefani - SpelingExpirt

Claire
Dawn

Daniel
Karen

Lulu
Mikayla

Colleen
Ingrid

Elii.
Ana

Emily
Sherry

Missy
Holly

Kendra
Temitayomiyoshiseun

Tammie
Jhuma

Amber
Ginny

Megan
Gail W

Azure
Kat

Victoria
Mani

Elettra
Sowndarya

Skye
matilde

Rekha
Zachary📚🐉

Line
Anchita

Wolf (Alpha)
Chris

Shilpa
Lynn

Robert
Martina

Jesa Rachele
Sara

Lyfranka
Ashy Khaira

Bec(ks)
Misbah

Deborah
Thing 2

Erin
Andrea

Harshmi
Jennifer

Shari
Rowan

Erica
Hanya

Marybeth
Kristina

Rachel
Sabina

Harsha
Kara

message 2: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments How to compare books:

1. Go to your twin's profile and click "compare books"

2. In the top right corner, set the "common shelves" to "to read." If you or your partner keeps the TBR list somewhere other than the "to read" shelf, then you can use the two fields under that to compare books.

This should give you a neat list of everything you have in common.

message 3: by Kristina (new)

Kristina | 344 comments Marybeth and I will be reading The Bone Witch.

message 4: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Obida | 97 comments My twin's profile is on private, so I can't send a message.

message 5: by Gabby (new)

Gabby Hi Deborah. Sorry about that. I made a topic for us to discuss what books we want to read, if that is easier.
Looking forward to this month!
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 6: by Lyfranka (new)

Lyfranka | 24 comments me and Ashy Khaira are reading The Fates Divide

message 7: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) | 281 comments Mikayla and I will be reading Ghosts.

message 8: by Missy (new)

Missy | 26 comments Holly and I will be reading The Perfect Roommate

message 9: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Lulu wrote: "Mikayla and I will be reading Ghosts."

This is on my list! Would love to hear what you each think of it.

message 10: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Jhuma Khan has not answer me yet

message 11: by Mani (new)

Mani (manisbookcorner) | 138 comments Victoria and I will be reading To Kill a Mockingbird

message 12: by Amber M. (last edited May 03, 2018 10:30PM) (new)

Amber M. McCarter (mommyultd) | 144 comments Greetings, Ginny!

message 13: by Sherry (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments Emily and I will read Once and for All by Sarah Dessen

message 15: by Claire (new)

Claire  (claire6452) | 713 comments I haven't heard back from my twin yet.

message 16: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett Jhuma Khan and i cannot pick a book to agree on can me and claire be reading bubbies mods

message 17: by Jhuma (new)

Jhuma Khan (jhumaaaa) Tammie and I are having some difficulty with our timing. We both would be better off with someone else. We would be grateful if you could assign us a different twin.

message 18: by Kara (last edited May 07, 2018 04:07AM) (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Tammie & Jhuma: we have an odd number now of people who would like a new twin. Let me see if I can do some reconfiguring.

message 19: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Let's do this, then:

Tammie & Claire
Jhuma & Harsha

Harsha is my twin, but I can bow out this month.

message 20: by Lulu (last edited May 08, 2018 02:55AM) (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) | 281 comments I'm happy to read an extra book this month, and jump in as Jhuma's twin! We have a fair few books in common.

That way you won't have to bow out, Kara.

message 21: by Jhuma (new)

Jhuma Khan (jhumaaaa) Lulu, that's a good idea! That okay with you Kara?

message 22: by Tammie (new)

Tammie Tackett me and claire will be reading The Time Machine

message 23: by Kara (new)

Kara (karaayako) | 3980 comments Hey guys, I already told Harsha that he'd be paired with you, Jhuma, but if you haven't heard from him, feel free to pair up with Lulu. Thanks!

message 24: by Gail (new)

Gail (abbygg) | 457 comments I haven't heard back from my twin, so I compared our books, picked one that we both wanted to read, and have finished it. Southern Spirits by Angie Fox. Definitely a cozy mystery, but needed that after reading a few intense novels right before.

message 25: by Anabella (new)

Anabella  Shay (anabellashay) | 25 comments Elii and I are going to be reading Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer soon :)

message 26: by Harshmi (new)

Harshmi | 97 comments I left a message to my twin last week and haven't heard back yet

message 27: by Mani (new)

Mani (manisbookcorner) | 138 comments Hi Harshmi, I don't mind joining up with you and reading another book. I'm already reading a book with my twin but can reshuffle my other reads.

message 28: by Harshmi (new)

Harshmi | 97 comments Mani wrote: "Hi Harshmi, I don't mind joining up with you and reading another book. I'm already reading a book with my twin but can reshuffle my other reads."

Messaged you!

message 29: by Mani (new)

Mani (manisbookcorner) | 138 comments Harshmi wrote: "Mani wrote: "Hi Harshmi, I don't mind joining up with you and reading another book. I'm already reading a book with my twin but can reshuffle my other reads."

Messaged you!"

👍 have replied back to you

message 30: by Deborah (new)

Deborah Obida | 97 comments Thing2 and I will read Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi

message 31: by Harshmi (new)

Harshmi | 97 comments Mani and I will be reading A Clash of Kings

message 32: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) | 281 comments Jhuma and I will be reading The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks!

message 33: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer We will be reading Little Fires Everywhere.
Looking forward to it!

message 34: by Rekha (new)

Rekha Shane Thanks for setting up the twins for this month. Zachary and I read The Handmaid's Tale!

message 35: by Sherry (last edited May 29, 2018 04:02AM) (new)

Sherry (lilsherry) | 699 comments My twin stopped replying after we decided on the book Once and for All by Sarah Dessen. This always seem to be happening. But I'll post my review on it anyways.

I do recommend this book. It is regarding a wedding planner family business but the daughter of the wedding planner (is jaded/cynical) and do eventually fall in love or at least start to let her heart feel. It's another great book from Sarah Dessen.

message 36: by Lulu (new)

Lulu (robotwitch) | 281 comments I forgot to say:

Mikayla & I finished Ghosts by Raina Telgemeier. It was a light, quick read. We both enjoyed the handling of cystic fibrosis, and the relationship between the sisters. It was a really cute story in general. But we both had issues with some of the dialogue, the unannounced transitions between scenes, and some of the plot points. But I, certainly, would be willing to read more Telgemeier in the future, as it was fun.