Goodreads Choice Awards Book Club discussion

Archive > May (2018) New Releases

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynn, Moderator (new)

Lynn | 4207 comments Mod
The top 200 books published in May 2018 that people have added on Goodreads.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/popula...

message 2: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) | 32 comments I'm interested in:

The Outsider
Mrs Westaway
The Air Raid Killer
Artifical Condition
The Other Lady Vanishes (love Amanda Quick!!)
Someone to Care (love Mary Balogh!!)
Jane Seymour: The Haunted Queen (though it does seem we've reached peak Tudor exposure)
the Grocery book looks interesting

ally  ¯\(ツ)/¯ (allykennedy) | 1002 comments The Outsider - I really hope SK crawls out of the trench he dug himself into with the Bill Hodges trilogy and Revival... bleh... I just really want him to return to the old school King I know and love.

All of the other reads I'm interested in require me to motivate myself to read the first, second, or both books in the series before I can indulge the idea of picking them up.

I'm really trying to read (I swear I am) but its just been so hard the past year... sigh.

message 5: by Janina (new)

Janina (sylarana) | 692 comments There are a couple of books in series I've started coming out that I'd like to read, but none of them are anything I must read right away (plus I've spend the past 4-5 weeks reading absolutely nothing but stupid mindless romances and my audible books because I just can't seem to commit to anything else ):

War Storm (Red Queen Series)
A Court of Frost and Starlight (really disliked the previous volume though)
Legendary (Caraval)

message 8: by Vicki Willis (new)

Vicki Willis | 892 comments I am looking forward to
The Favorite Sister The Favorite Sister by Jessica Knoll I read the first book she wrote and really liked it!
Cross Her Heart Cross Her Heart by Sarah Pinborough I didn't know this was coming out, but I really liked Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough
The Outsider by Stephen King am interested, but don't know when I would get to this.

I just finished The Retreat The Retreat by Mark Edwards (look at me, already reading one this month!) and thought it was really good. It was a suspense mystery about a woman who lost her husband who was trying to save their daughter from drowning. The daughters body was never recovered and she opens her home to writers as a retreat.

message 9: by Ann☕ (last edited May 13, 2018 11:26AM) (new)

Ann☕ (ann_reads) I added Love and Ruin by Paula McLain by Paula McLain to my tbr. Circling the Sun by Paula McLain was a favorite of mine by the same author, so I hope the author's latest book is also well written.