Fallen Into Tijan Books discussion

Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School, #1)
This topic is about Etiquette & Espionage
Archives > Etiquette & Espionage by Gail Carriger (May - Auxiliary Challenge)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Maraya21, Disco Muffin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) | 390 comments Mod

The theme chosen for May in The Auxiliary Challenge was STEAMPUNK.

The winning book is: Etiquette & Espionage (Finishing School #1) by Gail Carriger

The Auxiliary Challenge (2018): Rules & How To

Etiquette & Espionage

It's one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It's quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to Finishing School.

Fourteen-year-old Sophronia is a great trial to her poor mother. Sophronia is more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper manners--and the family can only hope that company never sees her atrocious curtsy. Mrs. Temminnick is desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady. So she enrolls Sophronia in Mademoiselle Geraldine's Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.

But Sophronia soon realizes the school is not quite what her mother might have hoped. At Mademoiselle Geraldine's, young ladies learn to finish...everything. Certainly, they learn the fine arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but they also learn to deal out death, diversion, and espionage--in the politest possible ways, of course. Sophronia and her friends are in for a rousing first year's education.

message 2: by JadeShea, Rock Cheesecake (new)

JadeShea | 288 comments Mod
This one looks interesting!

message 3: by Maraya21, Disco Muffin (new) - rated it 2 stars

Maraya21 (The Reading Dragon) | 390 comments Mod
It does right? This is a prequel series to her The Parasol Protectorate series.

"The Finishing School Series is set in the same world as The Parasol Protectorate series, only 25 years earlier, and features a finishing academy located in a giant caterpillar-like dirigible floating over Dartmoor."

I haven't read anything of hers yet and haven't read The Parasol Protectorate series either but it is in my TBR. It is a good oportunity to start the universe :D

message 4: by JadeShea, Rock Cheesecake (new)

JadeShea | 288 comments Mod
Maraya21 wrote: "It does right? This is a prequel series to her The Parasol Protectorate series.

"The Finishing School Series is set in the same world as The Parasol Protectorate series, only 25 years earlier, an..."

Oh, I thought it was after that series not before. well, that will be interesting. I've read the other series, well one or two of them, it was interesting.