The Catholic Book Club discussion

Champions of the Rosary
This topic is about Champions of the Rosary

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Manuel Alfonseca | 1639 comments Mod
Use this topic for any quotes that you find memorable, powerful, moving or for any other reason you think they're shareworthy.

Pray the holy rosary. Blessed be that monotony of Hail Marys which purifies the monotony of your sins!
~ St. Josemaría Escrivá

message 3: by Manuel (last edited May 25, 2018 08:32AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

May the Rosary never fall from your hands
~ St. Pope John XXIII

(As I usually pray the Rosary on my fingers, I fully agree with this sentiment :-)

[P]raying the rosary is not about experiencing good feelings. Many times, as in any relationship, pleasant feelings come and go. What determines one’s faithfulness in any relationship is perseverance through the difficult and dry times.

In Part III: How to become a Champion of the Rosary

Bice (bicebeechay) | 111 comments Like these. Ha Ha about hands.

Bice (bicebeechay) | 111 comments There were many quotations I highlighted. Here are several.

The rosary, in a gentle, subtle way leads one to the Eucharist, to the Most Blessed Sacrament: those who approach Jesus in thought, yearn to approach him in reality; those who know Jesus cannot but love him; indeed, those who truly love Jesus cannot forego possessing him. ~ Blessed Bartolo Longo

In the rosary, we not only say prayers, we think them. ~ Venerable Fulton J. Sheen

Because the rosary is both a mental and a vocal prayer, it is one where intellectual elephants may bathe, and the simple birds may also sip. ~ Venerable Fulton J. Sheen

The rosary is a great test of faith. What the Eucharist is in the order of sacraments, that the rosary is in order of sacramental — the mystery and the test of faith, the touchstone by which the soul is judged in its humility. The mark of the Christian is the willingness to look for the Divine in the flesh of a babe in a crib, the continuing Christ under the appearance of bread on an altar, and a meditation and a prayer on a string of beads. ~ Venerable Fulton J. Sheen

St. Teresa of Calcutta
She considered holding the rosary to be like holding Mary’s hand.

message 7: by C.D. (new)

C.D. (skymama) | 58 comments Bice, I had just asked Venerable Sheen to intercede for me on a matter when I was going through older emails in my inbox. Imagine my surprise when five seconds later his name instantly appeared on my screen. Weird (in a good way)!

Btw, you found some great quotes. Thank you for that. :)

Bice (bicebeechay) | 111 comments CD that gave me goosebumps! Don’t you love being Catholic and having so many friends in Heaven?

message 9: by C.D. (new)

C.D. (skymama) | 58 comments Yes! What a treasure we have!