Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > (updated) Sensitivity reader: LGBTQ+, Diverse paranormal romance ~120k

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Devin (last edited May 02, 2018 11:07AM) (new)

Devin (perpsykhone) | 6 comments ETA:
I have a solid group of individuals interested in reading from a variety of LGBTQ+ POVs which I'm super stoked about. If there are any others interested in reading from a diverse POV (my story involves expats, living in Seoul, native Korean, and one biracial character -- if anyone feels confident in their ability to read for any one or more of these, let me know!)

Hi all!

I'm nearing completion of a first draft of a New Adult paranormal romance. It takes place in Seoul, but the cast is diverse, and the romantic aspects are very heavily non-traditional. The only heterosexual relationships involve polyamory.

I identify as queer, but I am a woman and a few of my characters are men dealing with their sexuality (some with more finesse than others), so someone with an eye for that would be helpful.

Additionally, the diversity in race is... well, it's there in my head but I'm concerned about whether or not it's coming out on the page since I'd rather avoid detailing someone's skin tone. Not all characters are Korean, though it does take place in the city of Seoul (I've been twice and have studied the language and culture for nearly 3 years).

My budget is rather small, but I believe in being fair, so I can offer some payment since the work is long.

Please don't hesitate to ask questions if you have them! You don't have to be both non-het and non-white, I'll take all thoughts.

Devin

message 2: by Chris (new)

Chris (chris83) | 78 comments Sent private message. Let me know if I can beta read for you.

message 3: by mars (new)

mars (wlwbooks) | 21 comments I just sent you a message! Please let me know because I'd love to work with you :)

message 4: by Devin (new)

Devin (perpsykhone) | 6 comments Lauren Webster wrote: "Good afternoon! Are you still looking for a beta reader?"
Hi!

I'm still finishing up my manuscript, so it will depend on the availability of others who have contacted me, but I'm definitely open to multiple reads.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Holton (lauren_holton) | 9 comments Devin wrote: "Lauren Webster wrote: "Good afternoon! Are you still looking for a beta reader?"
Hi!

I'm still finishing up my manuscript, so it will depend on the availability of others who have contacted me, bu..."

I completely understand :) let me know if you need anything in the future!

message 6: by Christy (new)

Christy H (christybetareads) | 178 comments This sounds like a great fit for me, so if you're still looking for beta readers, I'm available to begin immediately! I charge .001/word and read approximately 10-50k words per day for a commission. Please feel free to email me at ChristyBetaReads@gmail.com if you're interested!

message 7: by A.K. (new)

A.K. (alexis_queen) | 32 comments Hi Devin!

I'm a beta reader and can also serve as a sensitivity reader for LGBT+ and POC! Please email me at acciolunas@gmail.com

- Alexis

message 8: by Melinda (new)

Melinda  Taylor (mtaylor67) | 15 comments I am interested in being a beta reader for your book. I have beta reading experience and have had repeat clients. I am also excited about the genre of your book. I have book reviewing and proofreading experience too. I have done freelance work with clients on Upwork relating to these things. I am professional, hardworking, reliable, responsible, organized, detail oriented, and meet deadlines. I look forward to communicating and working with you.

message 9: by TKSelbach13 (last edited Jul 30, 2019 06:19PM) (new)

TKSelbach13 | 90 comments I have been working as an independent freelance editor for about 8 years. My clients have been very pleased with my work thus far and would certainly be happy to provide recommendations if needed.

I recently achieved my bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, as well as accomplished a Study Abroad program with a focus in writing. I can provide a high attention to detail, the ability to think outside of the box, and an enthusiastic attitude that clients will find quite appealing.

Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing
Experience: 8 years of Beta Reading, 2 years of commission work
Rates: $0.05 per word.
Turnaround: 1-3 months

$5 – 100 words
$50 – 1,000 words
$500 – 10,000 words
$5000 – 100,000 words