What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Petty Details of So-and-so's  Life
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Contemporary Romance/Literary Fiction/LGBT novel that follows two siblings as they grow up. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lexie | 5 comments The plot follows two siblings, (the boy's nickname was Blue) who were brought up in a single-father household. The girl's plot turns into somewhat of a LGBT narrative with a woman who does pottery. Thank you so much!

message 2: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments When did you read it? Was it YA or adult fiction?

Lexie | 5 comments I read it probably around 2005 or 2006 - I've been looking for it for years! I actually found it at a second hand store, haha, so I don't know the actual year (I have since lost in in storage). It looked like it was a fairly new release at the time, though. The cover was clean and modern, from what I remember, and it was in great shape.

It was more adult fiction than YA; while it was a coming of age novel, it wasn't geared toward the YA market.

Thanks again! :)

message 4: by Lexie (last edited Apr 30, 2018 03:34PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lexie | 5 comments Oh! Also, I remember that the girl was also an archeology student. And the author was a woman.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40688 comments Mod
Where and when is it set?

Lexie | 5 comments I don't remember the exact place that it is set. It has a contemporary setting, though.

Lexie | 5 comments Yes!!! Thank you so much, Ayshe! How on earth did you find it?

message 9: by Ayshe (new)

Ayshe | 4327 comments :) Great. I used worldcat.org's advanced search:
keyword: "brothers and sisters" Blue > year: '2000..2007' > 'Fiction' > 'English' > 'Non-Juvenile' It was the 7th result.