Play Book Tag discussion

A Banquet of Consequences (Inspector Lynley, #19)
This topic is about A Banquet of Consequences
April 2018: Strong Women > A Banquet of Consequences - Elizabeth George - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments I have been reading the Inspector Lynley series since my late teens. Picking up the nineteenth installment seemed perfect for the Strong Women tag as one of the ongoing characters of the series, Barbara Havers, popped in to my mind immediately when I thought of strong literary women. She is independent, strong-willed, fiercely loyal, intelligent, and bloody minded. It feels as though I personally know her after so many years and eighteen novels before this one. George again weaves a complex, well developed, vividly described whodunnit that kept me guessing until near the end and had me engaged despite its heft. I am looking forward to moving on to the twentieth title in the series some time when I feel as though I am missing some of my oldest literary friends.

Jason Oliver | 2097 comments This is the only one I have read. It was recommended to me and I had no idea it was a series. I liked it, but when I found out it was a long series....I just couldn't start from the beginning. It was very good.

Susie | 4488 comments It is a very long series! I’ve just loved the character development running through them, and the plots are so intricate and believable, with a few exceptions. I’m looking forward to the next one.