The Alienist (Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, #1) The Alienist question

Alienist by Caleb Carr - TV Adaptation
Steve Parcell Steve Apr 30, 2018 04:35AM
The Alienist (Dr. Laszlo Kreizler, #1) by Caleb Carr Started watching this on Netflix last Thursday and finished the remaining 8 episodes (Ten in total) on Saturday.

My lovely lady and I couldn't stop watching it. Brilliant acting, gorgeous sets, a rollercoaster of a storyline. Wow it was fantastic. Certainly not for the faint hearted though!

If you have read the book as I have, it shares the same premise but is different. But is is a 8/10 from me. Not quite as good as The Exorcist TV series or The Walking Dead but its right up there.

Anyone else seen it? Any news on Season two as I would be heartbroken if they dont do another?

I had really looked forward to this adaptation, and I thought it was done rather well. I had read the book and it's sequel when they first came out. But when I heard that TNT was going to televise the adaptation, I re-read The Alienist, since it had been such a long time since I first read it. I wanted to refresh my memory. Even during the re-reading, I couldn't put the book down.

I think that TNT did a great job about bringing 1896 New York City back to life. It started out a little slow, but it did get better, and I particularly enjoyed Dakota Fanning's portrayal of Sara, the "first female police officer" on the NYC PD.

I am curious to see if TNT plans to do an adaption of the Angle of Darkness.