Cozy Mystery Corner discussion

Pall in the Family (A Family Fortune Mystery, #1)
This topic is about Pall in the Family
Featured Series and Cozies > Family Fortune (Pall in the Family) by Dawn Eastman

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nell (last edited Apr 30, 2018 03:54AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nell | 2867 comments Mod
The member's choice for May '18 is the Family Fortune series by Dawn Eastman. Clyde Fortune returns to her home town, Crystal, Michigan, where her family tries to draw her into using her psychic gift. The first book in the series is Pall in the Family.
Pall in the Family (A Family Fortune Mystery, #1) by Dawn Eastman

Other books in the series are:
Be Careful What You Witch For (A Family Fortune Mystery, #2) by Dawn Eastman A Fright to the Death (A Family Fortune Mystery, #3) by Dawn Eastman An Unhappy Medium (A Family Fortune Mystery, #4) by Dawn Eastman

Be Careful What You Witch For
A Fright to the Death
An Unhappy Medium

Melodie (melodieco) Great series. Was sorry to see it end so quickly.

jaxnsmom | 2482 comments Mod
I'm about 2/3 of the way through and am enjoying it. The writing flows smoothly and most of the characters make sense, although there is one that gets on my nerves.

I finished and thoroughly enjoyed the book. While I'm not a true believer in psychics, I believe there are a few genuine people that can sense more than most of us. That belief and/or the ability to suspend belief will help to enjoy this book. Aunt Vi continued to irk me, I wouldn't get along with her personality in real life, but I did like the others, especially Seth, Tuffy, and Baxter.

message 5: by Randa (new)

Randa | 175 comments I agree with everyone else, it's not a bad book. I was kind of irked by the "mystery" as to why she was on leave of absence. Learning the reasons earlier in the book wouldn't have affected the story in anyway.

Even though it was hinted at throughout, I actually think learning the reason for Clyde's leave of absence early on would have been a good thing. It would have helped understand her character, and helped focus on the mystery instead of what the big secret was.

Bridget Vollmer | 1 comments This is one of my favorite cozy mystery series! Loved this book

message 8: by Nell (last edited May 17, 2018 04:21AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nell | 2867 comments Mod
I read all four of the mysteries in this series. I liked all of them and wish there were more. The MC stops denying her gift as the series progresses and her SO (significant other) becomes less judgmental and hostile to the paranormal gifts that draw tourists to this town. (Those were the two things that made me roll my eyes.) There haven't been any new ones in this series recently. But the author has a new series that's in the mystery/thriller genre.

Alice | 504 comments I finished the 3rd book in the series A Fright to the Death (A Family Fortune Mystery, #3) by Dawn Eastman It was good simply cozy. I thought the discription of the castle/mansion was very good and made you want to go stay in it for a weekend.